PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 7.10 cannot get client to launch

ArchmagusArcana
03-18-2008, 02:51 AM
I have been playing just fine for the last few months, except for a few issues with the last update, detailed in another thread, but i had to reinstall the OS, and now i cannot get the rolauncher to execute.

I have tried, from the directory containing the game ./rolauncher and it tells me no such file or directory.

ldd rolauncher says its not a dynamic executable. The execute bit is set, and it is set to allow execute in the application.

I am assuming that it is a library issue, but what ones does this game use, i have been unable to find anything on the forums here that really helps me any. The only thing that i have really done different is that i am trying to use the open-source ATI drivers instead of the proprietary ones since i can never get the HD LCD panel to work to max potential with them

AMD 4200 Dual Core
8GB System Memory
ATI x850 pro
Ubuntu X64 7.10

Any help that you guys could give me would be great since this is quite a vice ive developed, and my other computer with a cheap 64mb vid card really does not cut it for more than a server.

ArchmagusArcana
03-18-2008, 02:56 AM
3D works fine with a game called Tremulous, 90FPS, that was the first thing that i tried. I really dont want to mess with those crappy ati drivers since they never seem to work just right.....

Rockwolf_
03-18-2008, 08:58 AM
It's weird that tremulous works and Regnum does not...

Is there any log info you could show us? Or maybe an exact error msg?

Morphine
03-18-2008, 11:14 AM
I have the same problem, very little info to give. Clicking on the rolauncher icon produces nothing. If I run rolauncher at the command prompt I get the following;

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

:alsius:

ArchmagusArcana
03-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Well, the only output that i get is that command or file does not exist.

I did however, download the 64bit version of the same installer and that seems to work ok, though gfx is tuned way down and not working right, though it could be due to the open source drivers being used,

It took a lot of doing to find that version too:

http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=1617&page=5&highlight=libexpat.so.1+64bit

see post #46, At least i can log in and play...a little. I still need to work on that 32 bit client since that is what i was on before.....i might just cave in and give up my HD resolution for having better performance in a 3d environment. It all depends on how well i can get this thing to work.....

http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=15225

im going to try the 32 bit version there as soon as i get it downloaded,

I did download the 64bit version but cannot seem to open that :/ says "No application suitable for automatic installation is available for handling this type of file."

Ive just moved back to linux after being on windows for too long so im kind of a n00b again.

ArchmagusArcana
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
OMFG. I used enable restricted drivers and it worked!!!! i have full HD res, the game works, except for a rew minor artifacts, which are tolerable for now.

The other client launched once, but is broke again.......

When i was using Open Source drivers, if i turned on AA or Anisotropic filtering, it would crash when i would click enter game world....now, so far, it seems to work.....

Edit: I seem to be getting some really bad visual effects from time to time also; still not wz ready, but its better than before.

I now get an error when i do ./rolauncher though:

:~/regnum32$ ./rolauncher
./rolauncher: error while loading shared libraries: libgthread-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory