PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the new technology and technical issues

Adrian
10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Hi Community,

Here will be listed the questions and answers about the new technology. All questions will be answered when a certain amount of them is reached.

Before asking, please read the New Technology (http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/forum/showthread.php?t=49786) thread completely.
Regards,

jbhero
10-08-2009, 12:16 AM
What about Linux users? Do we test it out or wait for future?

Also since OpenGL isn't working, so maybe that answers my question.

Anpu
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
What about Linux users? Do we test it out or wait for future?

Also since OpenGL isn't working, so maybe that answers my question.
I am also interested into this.

· Known issues

OpenGL is not working right now. DO NOT enter in this rendering mode (we will upload a working version right away).

So is working version uploaded or are you still in "right away" process of uploading? Should we wait for your sign or just random try to pop up ?

Brother-brian
10-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Is this beta of the new engine Linux compatible? I was concerned with the "C++ and "DirectX" requirements.

Jippy
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
FYI I had to re-install DX10 (Vista) and my ATI video card drivers to get past the "checking firewall"

niclam
10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes,

Linux will continue to be supported (in fact, it was working until yesterday that we did a lot of changes) and yes, we will let you know as soon as an update is live.

Regards

v0rt3x
10-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Why does it takes around 15 min. to re-log in after a crash at Amun?
"User already logged in" :rale:

DkySven
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Why does it takes around 15 min. to re-log in after a crash at Amun?
"User already logged in" :rale:

As far as I know, this problem isn't related to the current update at Amun, you'll get the same thing at all servers. It has to do with the time it takes for an idle character to be kicked off the server, because you didn't manage to log out properly due the crash. I have no idea how you could fix this.

v0rt3x
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
As far as I know, this problem isn't related to the current update at Amun, you'll get the same thing at all servers. It has to do with the time it takes for an idle character to be kicked off the server, because you didn't manage to log out properly due the crash. I have no idea how you could fix this.
For me, if i crash at RA or Niflheim, i can relogg in after 1 minute.

Bladnoch
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Out of interest, are you going to put this in the latest news box (the news bit next to the server lists)? Because if this isnt big news then I dont know what is. Plus youll probably get a wider audience of players that dont regularly look at the forums, which I suppose you could direct them to.
If its already up, apologies - I just cant see anything on my computer :O

niclam
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
We are slowly testing these changes. We will be more aggressive in terms of advertising as we aproach the release of the new technology.

Regards

Bladnoch
10-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply Niclam, good to know :)

Um...I posted something in the main 'New Technology Public test' thread, but it didnt comply with the rules somehow, so it got deleted. Er...Im not sure which part I didnt comply to, and I cant check back now to correct it, so Ill roughly repeat the post here...

I got rid of a past error that was coming up by properly installing DirectX instead of extracting the files only (yay) but now every time I open Amun up Regnum refuses to work point-blank. Im not sure whether or not this my computer's fault or NGD's, but I thought I would just let you know and leave you with the typical screenshot:

http://i36.tinypic.com/bf2vic.jpg

I have Microsoft XP Home Edition, Dell Dimension DM051, Intel (R), Pentium (R), D CPU 2.66GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM and Physical Address Extension. Means nothing to me, sorry if I missed anything out.

PT_DaAr_PT
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply Niclam, good to know :)

Um...I posted something in the main 'New Technology Public test' thread, but it didnt comply with the rules somehow, so it got deleted. Er...Im not sure which part I didnt comply to, and I cant check back now to correct it, so Ill roughly repeat the post here...

I got rid of a past error that was coming up by properly installing DirectX instead of extracting the files only (yay) but now every time I open Amun up Regnum refuses to work point-blank. Im not sure whether or not this my computer's fault or NGD's, but I thought I would just let you know and leave you with the typical screenshot:

http://i36.tinypic.com/bf2vic.jpg

I have Microsoft XP Home Edition, Dell Dimension DM051, Intel (R), Pentium (R), D CPU 2.66GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM and Physical Address Extension. Means nothing to me, sorry if I missed anything out.

It's happening to everyone that uses Direct3d, OpenGL works but you will need alot of luck to even reach 2 fps :P

Bladnoch
10-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Ha, thanks for telling me :) Ill just wait until NGD makes it playable for Direct3d then I guess. :P

TheDarkOne
10-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah i can't run the game with Direct3D only with Opengl but its slow. I only have 30 - 35 with Opengl =(.

niclam
10-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Well,

Yes, the table seems to be turned :) Now OpenGL is working fine and Direct3D is crashing, our tech guys were trying to fix it all day to no avail. Tomorrow, if we are lucky, we will upload a fix.

Regards

Bladnoch
10-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Cheers Nic, you rock ;)

Adrian
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM

You didn't specify the line with your PC hardware settings and the question you made there had to be done here, as you did now :)

Regards,

Bladnoch
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Ha, thanks for the info Kailer :) do I post my settings in every post on that thread (I posted them on an earlier post) or just leave them on the first message? :imstupid:

chilko
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Ha, thanks for the info Kailer :) do I post my settings in every post on that thread (I posted them on an earlier post) or just leave them on the first message? :imstupid:

please post your hardware configuration on every post when you are reporting something so we don't have to track your first post

Bladnoch
10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Ok dokey.

Well I tried getting into Amun again today and it was noticable that youve tried to redo some stuff. I downloaded all the new material, then as soon as it was about to open up into the games window:

http://i34.tinypic.com/izyn86.jpg

I tried this a few times but the same error kept on coming up. :P

Bardar
10-10-2009, 02:50 AM
will video cards as low as nvidia 6600 be able to work with regnum after the testing phases are complete? As of yet, amun is completely unplayable, and to upgrade my graphics card, I need to upgrade the whole computer, since the newer cards are PCI express and not AGP.

niclam
10-10-2009, 02:56 AM
will video cards as low as nvidia 6600 be able to work with regnum after the testing phases are complete? As of yet, amun is completely unplayable, and to upgrade my graphics card, I need to upgrade the whole computer, since the newer cards are PCI express and not AGP.

Yes, a 6600 will be still playable. We are aiming for a similar visual quality as the previous version with a slight increase in framerate, but you won't be able to play with shadows and some other high-quality options turned on.

Regards

Bardar
10-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Similar visual quality with increase in framerate? This means that regnum will have a higher FPS then once this goes live? :)

Using my poor 6600GT, the game doesn't even get to the loading screen anymore, where as in the first version, I could get ingame, but with a very low FPS.

Mattdoesrock
10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Will the release of the new engine and everything that comes with it, make Regnum Online 2.0?

jbhero
10-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Bravo NGD, good going guys :)

I can play it on my Linux now with reducing the details and such.

My config details:

C2D E6600 2.4mhz cpu
4GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 560 (128mb old card)
BenQ E2200 HD 22" monitor
Creative Live! sound

My OS details:

Fedora 11 64bit
Kernel 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.x86_64
Xorg 11 (Vendor: 1.6.3.901 (10603901))
Nvidia driver 185.18.36
KDE 4.3.1

Even though the frames are not optimal for a big war, but still I like the progress on things that has made my old card to do what it does.

Attached are additional screens for the same.

UmarilsStillHere
10-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Im running on some old Intel Chipset, I max around 40 fps on my own on minimal settings without going safe mode, with sound etc off and no other programm using cpu space, got coudent find x.whatever.dll file for a bit, d'loaded DirectX again, now I just get the same error as Bladnoch,

I hope shadows, shaders, and other added graphical additions will be optional via the advanced options window, as I know from experiance my little chipset can not do shaders very well at all.

DkySven
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Shadows are optional and you can disable shaders in the game.cfg file by setting its value to 0.

UmarilsStillHere
10-12-2009, 05:05 PM
shaders in the game.cfg file by setting its value to 0.

Id rather not have to near as hack the game file to get this as an option, would be nice to ahve a simple tick box like we have for partical effects etc.

Bladnoch
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I still cannot get into Amun. It tells me that there is an error, that I should send an error message to NGD Studios and that I should try again (this has remained the case for 2-3 days now).

I have Microsoft XP Home Edition, Dell Dimension DM051, Intel (R), Pentium (R), D CPU 2.66GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM and Physical Address Extension.

ncvr
10-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Id rather not have to near as hack the game file to get this as an option, would be nice to ahve a simple tick box like we have for partical effects etc.
There is an option to enable/disable shadows, and to adjust shadow quality/distance in the video section of the options in-game.

Inkster
10-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Bladnoch, I had the same problem, but i solved it by using opengl instead of
direct3d.

So it seems for some people (myself included) theres an Issue with direct3d

Pizdzius
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
What about my invisible meshes? :(

Bladnoch
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Ok, I feel like we're getting soewhere now, lol :) Ive got past the loading screen, and Regnum starts to open, but then it sticks like this:
http://i34.tinypic.com/fkpk7k.jpg

If you REALLY closely near the top, you see that there is a head on the right hand side in black. This moves around a bit, a lot like our characters do when we select which one to play on the main menu - I guess thats what Im viewing. I didnt even see the NGD logo animation, it just went to this.

I have Microsoft XP Home Edition, Dell Dimension DM051, Intel (R), Pentium (R), D CPU 2.66GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM and Physical Address Extension.

Bladnoch
10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Bless ya, you're really trying some on this aren't you? :) You're doing really well for what it's worth, and the community is pretty proud of you all, NGD.

Again, I have yet to report my conundrums.

You've stepped forward, now I can see my character properly but nothing else. I've found that the buttons that you can usually see on the left are clickable - so this is more of a visual issue than a functional error, if thats what you can call it.
here is a screenshot to help you:
http://i38.tinypic.com/21eyfx0.jpg

Seher
10-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Whatever you did, it worked. Now I can enter amun, before that new patch I couldn't. (Crash when selecting a character)

intel core 2 6420 2.13ghz, geforce 8600 gts, 2gb ram, windows xp.

Ps: The game still crashes when I exit it in direct3d :sifflote:

Darcyeti
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I still have the Problem chrashing when entered Amun, but now I can see my char for 2 seconds using directX :thumb_up: I hope that will be better soon xD

intel pentium4 2,8GHz, 1GB RAM, geForce 6200, win XP home sp3

Bladnoch
10-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Another problem, its like Ive stepped backwards. All I have now is a small black box in the middle of my screen where the Regnum Online logo would be with their little 1 second 'loading...' thing. Thats about it - I close it down usnig ctrl-alt-dlt. The thing is this isnt really new...I had this the last teo times you tried to change things, but when trying to get in the second time, it always worked better. Now no matter how many times I try to log in, this is all I get.

UmarilsStillHere
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Another problem, its like Ive stepped backwards. All I have now is a small black box in the middle of my screen where the Regnum Online logo would be with their little 1 second 'loading...' thing. Thats about it - I close it down usnig ctrl-alt-dlt. The thing is this isnt really new...I had this the last teo times you tried to change things, but when trying to get in the second time, it always worked better. Now no matter how many times I try to log in, this is all I get.

Same Issue :)

Black box were the "checking firewall" box normaly shows up.

Seher
12-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Will there be an option to enable the insane view distance of terrain detail again?
Simply editing the game.cfg doesn't give the same results as a previous version did... And it looked so great :angel2: (Ok, my fps were below 20, but it was cool for screenshots, and maybe I'll have a better computer one day... :P)