PDA

View Full Version : nicing regnum

Angelwinged_Devil
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
hello out there, I have been trying to nice regnum, but it messes it up, if I do it goes straight into the screen which shows news, and the veryfying thingy.

Have anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution

twiistedkaos
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
hello out there, I have been trying to nice regnum, but it messes it up, if I do it goes straight into the screen which shows news, and the veryfying thingy.

Have anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution

If you're talking about the linux client, which I hope you are since you're posting in the linux support section, first wait a bit for Verifying to say Confirmed, then click the play button. If that doesn't work, make sure rolauncher is in a directory that you have read and write privelges. Then try.

Myxir
04-16-2007, 07:56 PM
where do you launch the rolauncher from?
i launch it from my regnum path... but not that one in the /live path

Angelwinged_Devil
04-16-2007, 08:27 PM
If you're talking about the linux client, which I hope you are since you're posting in the linux support section, first wait a bit for Verifying to say Confirmed, then click the play button. If that doesn't work, make sure rolauncher is in a directory that you have read and write privelges. Then try.

it doesn't show the license window or the login window, only the one I mentioned

myxir, doesn't matter. I of course do it as I usually do it just with nice "usual command" 20

twiistedkaos
04-16-2007, 09:01 PM
it doesn't show the license window or the login window, only the one I mentioned

myxir, doesn't matter. I of course do it as I usually do it just with nice "usual command" 20

Do you have the most recent version of the rolauncher dwnlaoded off the site?

Angelwinged_Devil
04-18-2007, 10:28 AM

twiistedkaos please don't treat me like a noob, yes, I have the most recent version, yes I'm up to date, yes I didn't shut down x before.

It's when I use the nice function to determine priorities of the cpu which program to run which doesn't work properly with regnum online, so I'm trying to hear if anyone had the same problem and maybe a solution to it.

NightTwix
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
why do u want to renice it in first place?

Myxir
04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
wondered that too ....

twiistedkaos
04-18-2007, 10:59 PM

twiistedkaos please don't treat me like a noob, yes, I have the most recent version, yes I'm up to date, yes I didn't shut down x before.

It's when I use the nice function to determine priorities of the cpu which program to run which doesn't work properly with regnum online, so I'm trying to hear if anyone had the same problem and maybe a solution to it.

I wasn't treating you as a "noob" as you so to speak. People make errors and I was just checking the basics before hand to save a lot of trouble. Mind me asking what you're trying to nice run it?

Angelwinged_Devil
04-19-2007, 07:44 AM
why do u want to renice it in first place?

my computer suck, I need to prior resources so regnum runs a bit faster.

I wasn't treating you as a "noob" as you so to speak. People make errors and I was just checking the basics before hand to save a lot of trouble. Mind me asking what you're trying to nice run it?

Sorry, I was getting that impression, I usually hate such replies specially when I state what is wrong in the first post. It should also be common knowledge that such "minor reasons" should be checked before posting the thread. And even if they weren't you should always treat it as if the person have tried these minor things.

I don't understand what you mean with this question sorry