PDA

View Full Version : Choosing realm closes Regnum

rould
01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I can log in with my user/pass and get to the point where I can choose 1 of the 3 realms. No matter which I choose, Regnum automatically closes and goes right back to my desktop

I'm on a P4 3.0ghz, 2gig RAM, GMA950 graphics

FlyingDeadBirdie
01-09-2011, 03:03 AM
I've never actually heard of that before. Your Specs look fine. Try ending all unneccessary processes? Windowed and fullscreen? I don't know if shader model and resolution affect this. Hope you can fix it and play this awesome game.

rould
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Sorry, I'm still new...this should be under the Linux area. When I attempt to log into the new realm Amun it crashes. I can log in w my user id and password, i get to the big splash screen with the progress bar, then Regnum just shuts down.

Now...I have a toon on Horus that is just fine. My wife and I played for 3 solid hours last night with no glitches....but when I try my second account (created just for Amun & testing) it just shuts down as I mentioned before.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.10. All video drivers are up to date, I've played Regnum on regular realm, I've played WoW and STEAM games on this machine...Amun just doesn't like me :(

PT_DaAr_PT
01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
You can use the same account to play on all the servers available in your server list. There's no need to create a new one to play another server, and specially not for Amun.

The only reason I see for you to create another account is, if you have two computers, to let someone else play along with you, because two people can't login in the same account.

Amun is just a test server, where you can test stuff. Anything you do there does not change what you have in the live servers, for instance, you don't lose any Gold nor Ximerin if you spend them on Amun to test something out.
You also aren't forced to create new characters, because the ones you created in the live servers(Horus and Ra in your case) are copied to Amun, when they update.

I don't know what's causing the problem you've stated, but it's probably intended for new accounts with no chars on the live servers, so people wouldn't waste time leveling new chars on Amun and then realise all their progress was deleted. Wouldn't be the first time.