PDA

View Full Version : Possible to disable night/day transistions?

Kittypretty
10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Just curious if theres a way to do it via config file, I just wondered anyways, as I dont really have the brightest monitor, even if the contrast here and in game is cranked up.

ice_zero_cool
10-06-2011, 06:48 AM
I don't know how it works, but IIRC there is a way to disable the cyclus via the config file.

Kitsuni
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Night-time is way too dark in this game and always has been. Turning up gamma helps, but not a whole lot.

roonwick
10-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Just curious if theres a way to do it via config file, I just wondered anyways, as I dont really have the brightest monitor, even if the contrast here and in game is cranked up.

I think it comes with the weather settings. maybe with local lightning. cant check at the moment.

DemonMonger
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
yes you can disable it.

want me to write you a config?

That's the beautiful part about computers, the only limits are the ones you accept or set yourselves.

Kittypretty
10-06-2011, 10:10 AM
it would help :) as i really dont like the night/day cycles at all, i prefer it to be sunny always haha.

Seher
10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
You don't even need to ask others to do it for you, it's really easy:

Open the game.cfg
Search for section [debug]
add:
dbg_ignore_server_time = 1
Now to section [general] and change:
env_time_of_day = xxx
xxx to whatever time you want Regnum to run at, should be a value between 0 and 24. :P
env_time_scale = 0.000000
to make time stop passing by. And
env_weather = clear
makes all days pure sunshine ;D

NotScias
10-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks a lot for this tip, I didn't know it was possible since the time of the day is server-side.
But is the time of the day icon near the compass also frozen by doing this trick ? I'd like to know if there's really night or day in the server (for like night/day-only spawning mobs) even if mine client is frozen to daylight.

AMPZORD
10-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks a lot for this tip, I didn't know it was possible since the time of the day is server-side.
But is the time of the day icon near the compass also frozen by doing this trick ? I'd like to know if there's really night or day in the server (for like night/day-only spawning mobs) even if mine client is frozen to daylight.

In Algaros, in the night only ghosts and in the day, trolls and wolves or something like that, same thing in Swamp no idea about Imperia's beach.

NotScias
10-06-2011, 10:39 PM
In Algaros, in the night only ghosts and in the day, trolls and wolves or something like that, same thing in Swamp no idea about Imperia's beach.

Yes thanks captain obvious.
I was asking if there still was a way to know the *real* time when using the mentioned trick above.

AMPZORD
10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
lol no idea about that :)

DemonMonger
10-07-2011, 01:30 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?u89k6jylc8z7di6

here you go.

ENJOY!!!!

Eternal Daylight from a demons point of view.

1) download the file
2) paste in regnum folder
3) enjoy the game!

Seher
10-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Yes it is, and there's no way to get the actual time. (Not that I know) You could try to sniff some packages to get the information and write a program to display it, or alternatively just ask other players. :angel1:

NotScias
10-07-2011, 02:31 PM
or alternatively just ask other players. :angel1:

Hah will be fun to ask in game "What time is it?" :D
Well thanks, anyways knowing day/night only serves for grinding at all.

_Kharbon_
10-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Nighttime is sooo painful in game, I can't see in places like Shaana or swamp, therefore I don't really visit those places.

It would be nice to have option to disable night/day time, so you could always see well.

lilrestraint16
10-07-2011, 07:31 PM

imp beach has snakes and yetis that switch off and on. xD

Kittypretty
10-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Thank you to the posters that helped with my question :)