PDA

View Full Version : black screen glitch

donkyhotay
07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
I run 64bit feisty with an AMD card (this is probably a good portion of my problem). The game loads up just fine, I have sound and can get through the introduction movie however once the introduction movie ends I simply get a black screen with the mouse cursor (which I can move). I can still hear the music in the backgound and it almost seems like the game is working fine except that I can't see. Any suggestions?

daehenob
07-27-2007, 05:28 AM
donkyhotay,

Same happens to me. I run 32-bit with an Nvidia card, so that's not your problem. You just have to shut it off and restart.

e30G
07-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Same thing happens to me intermittently. I'm using Feisty 32bit and and Nvidia card. Going to windowed mode, then minimizing the game and returning to full screen usually fixes it.

donkyhotay
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Tried again and it started working without any problems. It then began crashing after a few minutes of playing but switching to safe mode seems to have resolved that. I finally get to play (yay).

Nikor
07-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I sometimes have the same problem, except that it is flickering to white in irregular intervals about 5 times a second. I can press Alt+I and the statistics are displayed normally, but at the same time the flickering increases in frequency (I also get 1000-2000 fps displayed).

This happens in the character selection screen, not before and never when playing. It sometimes lasts only a few seconds and sometimes I close it after a few minutes. When it lasts long, there seems to be nothing that I can do to get rid of it, restarting or even rebooting doesn't help. But if I wait for half an hour and try again, mostly it works.

arlick
07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I run 64bit feisty with an AMD card (this is probably a good portion of my problem). The game loads up just fine, I have sound and can get through the introduction movie however once the introduction movie ends I simply get a black screen with the mouse cursor (which I can move). I can still hear the music in the backgound and it almost seems like the game is working fine except that I can't see. Any suggestions?

few days ago ngd said that they were having problems with the data base and thats the reason of the black screen, i dont remember what problem exactly.

they are working in it.

Regards.