Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion > Welcome

Welcome New users can introduce themselves to the community here

Old 06-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #1
Bearnecessities
Pledge

Bearnecessities is on a distinguished road
Default Extremely Newbish, looking for advice/Help

Hey whats up, had a question about the classes, whats in most players opinions is the fastest leveling character to play, but modestly easy to pickup for a beginner, havent even touched the game yet since its still downloading. and also would anyone like to team up with me?
Bearnecessities no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #2
Bearnecessities
Pledge

Bearnecessities is on a distinguished road

KK so i did my homework, it looks like, for the balance between soloing and groups Barb and Conj are the fastest levelers. So i think im going to go Conj because it has a pet. anyone wanna team up with a Conj?
Bearnecessities no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

conjs dont really need to team up with anyone..solo grinding they rock

very easy with staff mastery at the moment since ngd refuses to fix it, put enough points into the magnifications you have, a fast or medium staff (whatever level youre at, is better than slow..dont rely on unbuffed staff damage alone or youll bore a mob to death with the time it will take to kill)

in the beginning youll most likely rely on staff mastery, a summon (pref ranged if possible) and mental spells.

you wont have any mana regen at low levels other than energy borrow, so rely on that till you can get ambitious sacrifice, then that on 3 and heal even on 2 is quite sufficent to keep you with mana 99% of the time, suppliment that with an energy borrow and youll do great, your grinding speed will skyrocket then.

as for how i grinded, i skipped life, enchants and sorcery entirely, both are awesome for wz..but not entirely needed for inner grinding..unless you get hit alot..which shouldnt happen

so my priority was
summon
mana control
staff mastery
mental

focus on having the highest lvl range summon you can, whether its a specter or lich, or eventually a zarkit.
use arcane accel in conjunction with as many staff mags as you can use
arcane devotion helps in cutting down buff casting times and of course spell casting,

use mental as a backup, primarily immobilizes/unable to attack spells and knocks (ivy, will domain, beetle swarm)
blaze is nice..but its bugged a bit..if youre not facing correctly by an inch..you will waste it.
mentals cooldowns are quite high too, so they should be used only to stop a mob from getting close or attacking you while your staff and summon rack up normal hits.

dont ignore the mana control tree, as it contains your primary defense (barrier) and loads of cool spells and passives, dragons blood if you want more int (more mana and faster regen), mana pool, ambitious, and devotion primarily.

of course this is just how i did, you might find a better way
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Ulmanyar
Initiate

Ulmanyar is on a distinguished road

Just something for you to think about:

Conjurers with "pets" (they're called "summons") that uses staff mastery (SM) setup are often called "warjurers". The problem is: conjurer is, in the end-game, basically the best defencive class (they have healing, mana donation, buffing etc.) so many players expect conjurers to play with a support setup. Hence, a lot of players dislike "warjurers".

So my advice, if you really want to kill other players, is not to choose a conjurer and make offensive setups - but instead choose some other class. Besides, warjurers almost need really good items to be effective. And it's very hard to get a good drop (search the forums to verify), so unless you have a lot of money to spend on Lucky Boxes (a waste, in my opinion, unless you really have too much money) you'll have to spend a lot of time grinding even after you reach level 50.

But if you would like to play defensive it's no problem, just setup with summon+SM and reskill to support at level 50 (or when you want).
Ulmanyar no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
Kittypretty
Baron

Kittypretty will become famous soon enough

i agree with that too..

while true they can play any way they like since its their char, i dont like warjus or sm conjs.

i dont heal or give them mana even though they beg..theyre mages, and can have a setup that gives them mana and hp just like me, and if the they wanna stand in the front lines like a knight and die..oh well.

only thing for me is i do use a sm setup to GRIND, but in wz im full support with no sm or offense besides limited mental lvl 1 skills as a last ditch effort.

but yes i would go with a class you intend to play as its role, not just one that levels the fast..doesnt make it a funner class to play.
its boring as a support conj mostly, i earn little rp, hardly a thanks, but still i do have fun just from doing my job best i can. so thats what keeps me logging in to my conj even though i do have other classes high lvl.
Taking a break from Regnum due to work leaving me little free time! So my laptop must go for now! (ask me for full details, it is an Alienware Mx18 3rd gen Ivy bridge i73920xm & configured with SLI twin Nvidia 675m, paid 3,330$ asking 2,800$ or 2,400$ + netbook.
Kittypretty no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Mega_Skinox
Pledge

Mega_Skinox is on a distinguished road
Default Hey...

I'm new and just started this game.. waiting for game to download. ^^

My username is 'Chain_Kill'
Mega_Skinox no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
im german, isnt that veird?