Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 09-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough
Default Warmaster Coins: Test

Hello!

We've decided to perform a test for a week about something that seems to be affecting a lot the activity in the war zone. Even if the objective of obtaining WMC only among the zones of the fortifications and walls was decided to avoid losing the concentration of the activity of these zones, other kinds of confrontations were affected and thus, limiting the options and variety at the moment of facing your enemies.

This test consists in allowing, for a week, to get WMC throughout all the map. We will see what happens and how this evolves to be able to make a decision next week. Your opinion matters a lot, so tell us how all of you see it during these days.

The change is already applied in Haven and Ra.

Cheers!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
_Scias_
Pledge

_Scias_ is on a distinguished road

Quite a positive change. Hopefully it'll encourage bridge and open field wars rather than constant fort camping/farming.

Maybe capturing forts should also give a small amount of wmc too, like say 200 for capturing an enemy one and 500 for reclaiming one of yours (with per-player limits/cooldowns to prevent abuse of course - and maybe after not allowing a single barb to singlehandedly take a fort too) as often own forts are being forgotten/ignored (especially secondary ones like alga/meni/trelle).
Old 09-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Imo it's a positive change for Haven which has been needed for a long time.

On ra it'll encourage ganking and large hunt groups which are just used for save camping.

Still, we'll see after the week of testing how things go.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Cool

Only a week? Awww, man...
Just flip that switch, then leave it on....
(& thanks, NGD).

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
magic_gandalf_007
Apprentice

magic_gandalf_007 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Adrian and the Regnum team, good to see the spirit to try to meet the need of the players with this test.

Perhaps an odd reaction, i do not play that much anymore and if i play it's on RA. I can't speak for others but for me playing gives me joy if i got a goal to reach.
For me the goal is getting the 10/20 of the WMC quests. Not that i do anything with the WMC's but it is just reaching the goal, having the quest done.
magic_gandalf_007 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:51 AM   #6
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this change should apply only for Haven, not Ra. Why would you even test in on Ra?
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

I like this change but I think amount of wmc for killing enemies somewhere else than at fortifications should be reduced by 25-50%.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
RichardCromwell
Pledge

RichardCromwell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
I like this change but I think amount of wmc for killing enemies somewhere else than at fortifications should be reduced by 25-50%.
This so much more than that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Scias_ View Post
Maybe capturing forts should also give a small amount of wmc too, like say 200 for capturing an enemy one and 500 for reclaiming one of yours (with per-player limits/cooldowns to prevent abuse of course - and maybe after not allowing a single barb to singlehandedly take a fort too) as often own forts are being forgotten/ignored (especially secondary ones like alga/meni/trelle).
Scias's solution would encourage gankers to group up for one fort capture a day [and I am pretty sure people who play Regnum are not the target audience for Daily-Quest-MMOs], and then basically immediately abandon it to run around and try to find solo kills. Which is fine for them to do, but not if they do it to farm coins. They should do it because they want to. Making fights at forts more valuable would help to encourage grouping, while still allowing hunters to feel rewarded for scouting andsuch. I would also consider adding (comparatively) significant extra coins per player killed at the realm gate or during an invasion, making invasions while the enemy realm is asleep less attractive than invasions against active realms. Other Warmaster coin rewards could be slightly reduced to balance out the gain.

Last edited by RichardCromwell; 09-09-2017 at 10:17 AM.
RichardCromwell no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #9
_Scias_
Pledge

_Scias_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCromwell View Post
Scias's solution would encourage gankers to group up for one fort capture a day [and I am pretty sure people who play Regnum are not the target audience for Daily-Quest-MMOs], and then basically immediately abandon it to run around and try to find solo kills....
If people had an incentive to go defend/retake their own forts we'd have less of these situations where nobody cares about (most of the times secondary) forts being taken by often just a handful of people who are then free to leave and roam around because no one comes there.

Also the game already rewards offense over defense way too much. For instance invasions are much more rewarding for the attackers who can get 1k per gem secured + possibility for dragon wish when a successful Realm Gate defense doesn't grant anything in comparison. So not sure giving even more to attackers is really a wise choice as of now.