Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough
Default Jewellery and how it affects the game

Hi Everyone,

We replied to a topic in the Spanish forum about in-game jewellery and wanted you guys to participate too. I've read in the past some threads about this but didn't find one recent (and not tainted with personal discussions ) so please, post here your thoughts about jewellery in general. Specially about the imbalance it generates, how player attitude towards gear is affected and the cases when its use is abused.

Thank you!

Last edited by Adrian; 04-21-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: details
Adrian no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
xayne
Banned

xayne is on a distinguished road

Add jewelry to dragon drops or nerf the items already in game. You really have to do something about it.

Add random bonus rings and amulet drops to regular mobs that have the potential to be just as good as items already in game. You could even make lucky boxes as a cash incentive for you if you went that route. They would sell like hot cakes initially.

Perhaps make the bonuses from jewelry not affected by fulminating or cold blood?
xayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #3
Rising_Cold
Master

Rising_Cold is on a distinguished road

There is not enough jewelry in generall so the difference between boss jewelry players
and ordinary jewelry players is huge

players with jewelry dont even have to be good at their class,
they just have to make sure they wont get knocked
so they can win every fight
(Id love to give great examples, but I have no ammy's/rings to show the difference)

Id like to see the current jewelry nerfed damage wise, preferably by a better armor calculation system
AND
more jewelry to obtain for more possibility / fill up the gap between boss jewelry players and non-boss
Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #4
pieceofmeat
Master

pieceofmeat is on a distinguished road

Just fix the dps calculation to add jewellery damage after any other modifiers.
This will of course be a small nerf to all dps classes or builds, but its essential to keep shit balanced now and in the future.

Create more mid range stuff, that appeals to both dps and other classes.

Balance each significant type of jewellery if you have a 250 hp +50 dmg amulet then there should be a small and medium version as well which is easier to obtain. etc etc

Now you can add droppables, premium and boss jewellery as you please.

OP gear works as incentive to get better equipment for sure, but if its unobtainable for players in one way or an other it can be one more reason to look into better balanced games instead.
pieceofmeat no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Vincent_Valentine7
Pledge

Vincent_Valentine7 is on a distinguished road

change the way the armor system works now,back in the day boss gear was not so op as it is now....screenshot lvl 60 knight with warmaster armor thats Very bad to fire 2 daen rings and tenax amulet nerf something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1234855_234224036728630_812083993_n.jpg (62.1 KB, 141 views)
Old 04-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
GrimNightfall
Initiate

GrimNightfall is on a distinguished road

Boss jewelry should not be influenced by percent based buffs (berserk, recharged, cold blood, bless weapon etc).

Amulets need to become droppable again, as it is only a select few players have an unfair advantage as the item is way too overpowered and currently unobtainable.

There has been a suggestion for War Master jewelry, where you buy an amulet with either hp or mana for a set amount of WMC. It also comes with an empty socket for gems you also buy from the WM shop which include damage, attack speed, cast speed, armor bonus and such. These can be sold at the new lamai WM npc.

Make all quest jewelry obtainable in every realm.

These 4 suggestions seem to be the most popular, so I'm just gonna leave them here.

This game is too easy
GrimNightfall no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
Ygarl
Pledge

Ygarl is an unknown quantity at this point

Woah... 1200+ dmg ensnaring?
NICE one!
(ouch!)
Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #8
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

hi,

the problem, generally, is that most damage/armor-calculations are being done absolutely.

For example, let's take some random lvl 60 barbarian and some random lvl 60 marksman in consideration.
Fighting a buffed enemy, the barb will maybe deal ~700 damage, while the marks only does ~150, which is, of course, normal.
Once you equip those two characters with a dragon amulet (+50 absolute damage, increased by dmg buffs like berserk afterwards), the barb will probably deal ~782 dmg now, while the archer gains an immense dmg boost and suddenly deals ~220.
By just equipping one, very rare, item (amu), the archer's damage is increased by ~46%. Especially in duels, this is extremely unfair, giving the enemy without boss jewlery no chance to win, if both players are equally talented.
In the given example, the barbarian's damage is only increased by ~12%.

Many say, just like in the post below this one, it would be best to just take jewlery dmg out of calculation and add it in the very end, so that the dmg by a dragon ammy will always only be 50.
I though think this does not solve anything - 50 damage plus is still way too much in situations where you'd usually only deal < 200.

The problem I am adressing also applies for armor calculation.
Quote:
(carefully) Changing armor calculation. Absolute armor calculation leads to inbalance since low-dmg players like lvl 45ers or poorly equipped lvl 60 hunters will do very little damage while highly equipped marksmen and barbarians are able to deal immense amounts of damage. I personally think, this will change quite a lot, and balancing might be easier then.
(short example: attacker 1 does 1000 damage, attacker 2 does 180 damage (on an enemy without armor).
  • Let the defender be a mage with 250 armor points which absorbes 150 damage. attacker 1 will deal 850 damage, attacker 2 will deal 30 damage (!).
    + 1 armor point corresponds ~ 0.5 - 0.6 dmg reduction
  • Now let's say 250 armor points would decrease the incoming damage by 15% instead: attacker 1 will still deal 850 damage while attacker 2 deals 144 damage. Wouldn't this be better?!
    + 1 armor point corresponds ~ 0.05 - 0.06 % dmg reduction
)
link
If you don't want to work too much, I think re-adjusting dragon amulets would be enough. I do not see such a big problem about boss rings, the difference between them and quest jewlerey is not big.

Are you (if ever) also going to change the already existing amulets/jewlery stuff? I hope so.

Finally, could you please change the lvl of Daen Rha, Evendim and Thorkul to 60? Characters at lvl 60 still do not drop anything of these.

Happy easter

ps. having some items with very high value, like in the current situation, is a good thing for every mmorpg

Last edited by schachteana; 04-21-2014 at 10:57 PM.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
kmdk
Master

kmdk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Hi Everyone,

We replied to a topic in the Spanish forum about in-game jewellery and wanted you guys to participate too. I've read in the past some threads about this but didn't find one recent (and not tainted with personal discussions ) so please, post here your thoughts about jewellery in general. Specially about the imbalance it generates, how player attitude towards gear is affected and the cases when its use is abused.

Thank you!
First of all ,last 2-3 threads that you replied begined with ,"wee did this on spanish forum",that's not cool at all ,wee know there is main core of the game ,wee know that NGD is modelling the game around RA ,you NGD make same mistake again ,again and again ,there will never be a CoR in international if you continue with this mentality ,spanish and others ...

Even at some post found out from some players about what Frosk replied a few days a go in spanish forum ...

This is mirroring international ,even a old thread of mine from 2 years a go what OS are you using to play Regnum had more voters in international ,around 200 ,now fragile touch 90 voters for a international forum ...this must give you a think about what your are saying and how are you sayning ...

Anyway to be back in topic :
Boss jew were not so powerfull at the begin of the game ,as it's now ,but the basic huge impact amplifier is made by:
-legendary weapons
-cold blood
-fulminanting

But fixing armor system will fix this minuses ,maybe ....
And even worse you are modeling your balance around boss jew and not normal players ...
Old 04-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #10
Vadhir
Banned

Vadhir is on a distinguished road

Still wondering why Thorkul´s ring is the only one wit physical damage ¬¬ I would change its damage to Ice Damage, Evendim´s ring should be Lighting damage, and Daen´s one stays like it is now.
I think Thorkul´s ring is Blunt damage because it is a worm... you know, earth worm... earth... rock... bluct... NGD Logic..., then you should change Evendim´s ring damage from Ice to Slashing (because Evendim uses a Sword) and Daen´s ring damage from Fire to Piercing (because Daen uses a spear)...

I just ask for that ¬¬ Really ¬¬
Vadhir no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote