General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #1
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road
Default Server Merge :D

Hello,
wouldn't it be better if we merge Haven with Valhalla even when Valhalla is gamigo? I mean why does ngd run 2 half dead servers instead of 1 good populated server (ra is not included). I am sure Gamigo would be for it too. Germans speak english so the language wouldn't be the problem. I got just pro arguments.
1. We would have a way more war and it wouldn't be so boring anymore
2. People who left to Ra would come maybe back because they see action is going on
3. 24x7 is action because of the timezones. Australia people who have no action nowadays will have action then again on Valhalla/Haven because a couple of players are online from germany
Well would be cool if you guys dont delete this post!
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #2
Aminta
Pledge

Aminta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythox View Post
Hello,
wouldn't it be better if we merge Haven with Valhalla even when Valhalla is gamigo? I mean why does ngd run 2 half dead servers instead of 1 good populated server (ra is not included). I am sure Gamigo would be for it too. Germans speak english so the language wouldn't be the problem. I got just pro arguments.
1. We would have a way more war and it wouldn't be so boring anymore
2. People who left to Ra would come maybe back because they see action is going on
3. 24x7 is action because of the timezones. Australia people who have no action nowadays will have action then again on Valhalla/Haven because a couple of players are online from germany
Well would be cool if you guys dont delete this post!
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
A merge between two dying servers will probably result in a "just a bit bigger" dying server.

Maybe Gamigo will be happy about the merge, but I am not sure that this will really give more action to the players of Valhalla/Haven

I am sure that NGD does have good reasons not to merge Ra and Haven and, I am also sure that a merge between Ra and Haven is the only way to give back some action to the players of Haven.

As for Valhalla, I see that in Ra (at least in Syrts where I play) there are many German players. Probably they are just running away from Valhalla moving on the the server that has still an acceptable level of activity.
Aminta no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Hypothetically,

A server merge with Valhalla and Haven is not possible due to the geographical location of the users. German speaking users are all close to each other and their server is located very near to them. So, they cannot be moved anywhere else.

Most of Haven users are located far from the location of Valhalla and moving them there could mean very bad latency issues.

What could be done is something not very popular and dangerous, specially for a small community: move European users to Valhalla and the rest to Ra. Separating users that play together and enjoy that is not something nice to be done. Of course, that the server has low population is not nice anyway, but there should be an unanimous agreement between users for this to happen and remember, Valhalla is still under Gamigo's responsibility. Soon it will be ours and we also would have to know what they could think on losing the exclusivity of the location.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
Aminta
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Hypothetically,

A server merge with Valhalla and Haven is not possible due to the geographical location of the users. German speaking users are all close to each other and their server is located very near to them. So, they cannot be moved anywhere else.

Most of Haven users are located far from the location of Valhalla and moving them there could mean very bad latency issues.

What could be done is something not very popular and dangerous, specially for a small community: move European users to Valhalla and the rest to Ra. Separating users that play together and enjoy that is not something nice to be done. Of course, that the server has low population is not nice anyway, but there should be an unanimous agreement between users for this to happen and remember, Valhalla is still under Gamigo's responsibility. Soon it will be ours and we also would have to know what they could think on losing the exclusivity of the location.
I am an European user (actually playing from Germany even if I am not German) and I play at 99% on Ra (where I started before the creation of Horus). My experience is that latency is not really a so big issue. I would strongly suggest not to create a small server merging half of Haven with Valhalla just to avoid latency issues (that again, I don't see at the moment when I play on Ra from Germany)
Old 02-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by amintas View Post
I am an European user (actually playing from Germany even if I am not German) and I play at 99% on Ra (where I started before the creation of Horus). My experience is that latency is not really a so big issue. I would strongly suggest not to create a small server merging half of Haven with Valhalla just to avoid latency issues (that again, I don't see at the moment when I play on Ra from Germany)
You could say that, but I am almost sure that German players would find outrageous to pass from ~50ms to ~200-250ms. Believe me, it's something I would even like to mention.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
Aminta
Pledge

Quote:
You could say that, but I am almost sure that German players would find outrageous to pass from ~50ms to ~200-250ms. Believe me, it's something I would even like to mention.
I have no experience with the low latency of Valhalla so I don't know how it improves the game experience. What I can say is that it is possible to play in Ra from Germany.

As you wrote in your first answer, it is important to know what Valhalla (and Haven) players think about it.

On my side, I would love to have more English (and German) speaking players in Ra
Old 02-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #7
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road

Hey Adrian I am german and I have generally 130-200ms and since germans left to ra also they already know the ping. I am An active haven player and if i could choose between valhalla and ra then i would take ra because 24x7 action. But I would be with a Valhalla Haven merge already fine
Regards
Rumiel Aurion
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #8
Pery3000
Master

Pery3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hypothetically,

Mhm have you looked into how many Euro players play RA? German community is pretty big in Ra if I'm not mistaken as is the English community. Though I would love to be moved to Ra since I would be part of the "rest" but I would also miss my European friends. Part of gaming is meeting people from all walks of life. I think in the end it would fail. Turning the server back into another Haven. However what do I know. P.S any updates about the next update.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #9
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Please invite more people to come and talk about it, or at least ask them and you can post for them given that they can't use this forums with their accounts.

I'm interested in giving this a solution, but remember that if a small group is against it, we can't just run over them. And I sincerely believe that many German players would hate to have more latency. Having an European server and an American one is what most games do. Concentrating everything in the Americas region can be a problem for a big part of the player base which are the German speaking players.

I know that several do already play in Ra, but there must be a reason (aside from not wanting to level again) for them to stay in Valhalla and they should be part of our community first and participate in the debate.

The ideal would be to have an European server and leaving Ra as the American server. What several users want is to move everything to Ra. Every move sounds like a gamble!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

lets not forget about those who are not fluent in English. You wont hear from them right now for these forums are English(Spanish)-exclusive. Making an EU-server would increase population a little and colloquial language would become English, yet people dont just stop talking in German. There will be German-only clans, German forum, German "subculture"... I am not so sure how well that can work out.
Probably comparable to Horus-Nemon-merge?

Then again, the EU is in urgent need of reforms, so I guess that is debatable.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread