Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

View Poll Results: Account-bound gear for transferred characters, Haven to Ra. How do you feel about it?
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction on transfer. 35 47.95%
I'm okay with an account-bound restriction, except I'd like to sell gear to merchants. 4 5.48%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for epic-level gear and above. 2 2.74%
I'd be okay with it if we make the restriction only for boss gear. 13 17.81%
I've already got toons on Ra, so I don't care about restrictions on gear after transfer. 10 13.70%
Hell, no! If NGD does this, I'm never playing this game again. 9 12.33%
No. I will not transfer my character under those conditions. 19 26.03%
I don't care what NGD does. I left this game a long time ago and I'm never coming back. 3 4.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road
Default Poll: opinions on the transfer idea.

Adrian indicated in a prior post that NGD is considering allowing character transfers from Haven to RA. However, if this happens, gear may become account-bound.

Opinions have been posted, and some people are very angry about the whole thing.

So, I'm making a poll to ask the question.

No doubt some people will get their knickers in a knot just for posting the question. Unlax and be civil.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

Why is this even considered necessary?
When Nemon was merged to Haven it was not even mentioned.

Pretty sure this idea was created only to get back at some players that someone is holding grudge against lol
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #3
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

If we put aside the concern that items could be sold for money, are there any reasons to bind any items?

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
pelozo
Baron

pelozo is on a distinguished road

I'd like if we can sell those items to merchants or put them in auction house.

But if not possible, merge anyway and bound all my shit.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
blood_omen
Pledge

blood_omen is on a distinguished road

Epic rings/dragon amulets should be the only things account bounded if the transfer is ever done.
blood_omen no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #6
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_omen View Post
Epic rings/dragon amulets should be the only things account bounded if the transfer is ever done.
...butButBUT, if so, ALL such items on ALL servers should henceforth be account-bound. Fair's fair. What affects one rightfully should affect all. As is, the vote tally so far clearly indicates that these unrealistic restrictions are unacceptable to most. In my opinion, rightly so. There's no real need; if ppl $ell or trade or gift their gears, what of it? It's THEIR stuff, isn't it?

As Eizaix rightly points out, this has never once been a (mentioned) consideration before now: not for Tyr/Horus, not for Niflheim/Muspell, not for Piranha/Ra, not for Raven/Horus, not for Haven/Nemon, not mentioned even once in almost a 1/2 dozen mergers over almost a dozen years, so why THIS time? What's so entirely different, special, or unique here? Anything?

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #7
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

As Jack the Ripper would say, let's go by parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
People, let's stop insisting that the transfers are needed. We know it and it will end up happening. But we have to do it carefully.
Nice , finally.

Quote:
Haven right now has a huge amount (related to its population) of cases of item transfers for real money, people selling their accounts, etc. This happens in other servers as well, but on Haven there are a lot of users that will just sell and not play at all, which could hurt our finances a lot. We have to find a way to avoid this if we are willing to keep Regnum alive. Regnum doesn't run on good will, sadly.
I can understand the ppl who want to sell their stuff in haven since the server is unplayable but who would buy them?

Im 100% sure that this big percentage of ppl selling items for money in haven compared to the rest of servers is because of low population. Ppl seeing no future on haven and want to quit making a profit or start again in Ra using the same money they got for selling haven's stuff in Ra's black market. In any case NGD never see any $.

Quote:
We could allow transfers right now and be done with it, but I think it would be a huge mistake that could backfire easily. I know, feel and understand your situation, but ours has to be understood as well. You will not be losing your progress, intended for you to play and enjoy the game. It's just that we need to protect the game as much as we can.

Ra is a server that works fine. It has its ups and downs but it is stable and active. Regnum just needs more events, more often, and the population even doubles in average. We're trying to get there since a long time. A huge flow of desirable items in the "black market" can really be a deadly hit to the game, just to please a bunch of people that want to make some easy money.

I am grateful to those that are understanding this and are willing to contribute to the prevention of this possible situation. We were even thinking on letting people "unbind" the items for Ximerin for, if this item transfers for real money happen, that at least Regnum gets one way what it loses in other way. It is not easy to think about this stuff. We would like not to even be considering this, but right now stability is our main goal. Please, try to understand this from Regnum's point of view as well, as we are trying hard to do so the other way round too.
I am one of those guys who said "id rather play in Ra with all my shit bounded than play at haven" but that's because im tired of being in this dead server.

The right way of make transfers is just bounding boss jewels and MAAAAYBE mag weapons ( so ppl will have to melt mag wps if they want to sell them = NGD got money ). That way you won't have the entire haven community against you and protect NGD economy.

Bounding Epic/Legendary normal items of haven its pointless since our items are garbage compared to Ra ones and won't impact Ra commerce/black market at all.

Unbind items for ximerin (after making everything acc bounded ) is the worst idea u could have, u will have the entire community against you calling NGD greedy and tanking adventage of our bad situation. Making boss jewels acc bounded is understandable , making everything acc bound is treat us like B class players.

You guys had to announce and spam in every social media the great news of Merge aka Transfers once u got them ready. Lot of Haven ppl who quit the game will come back just too see how is it going , even if only 20% of those guys stay u would still win.

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #8
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarbarianAlsius View Post
Bounding Epic/Legendary normal items of haven its pointless since our items are garbage compared to Ra ones and won't impact Ra commerce/black market at all.
I'm really curious for explanation on this. What logic leads to this assumption?

Just because item bonus limits don't vary based on server and I've seen plenty of legendary items with great resists and maxed-out bonuses in Syrtis in past years, and my guess would be in other realms it's the same.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #9
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
I'm really curious for explanation on this. What logic leads to this assumption?

Just because item bonus limits don't vary based on server and I've seen plenty of legendary items with great resists and maxed-out bonuses in Syrtis in past years, and my guess would be in other realms it's the same.
Ofc we got some nice legendary/epic items in each realm on Haven but the quantity is very low compared to Ra ones , that's why i said it wont affect the commerce at all.

For example : finding a good ms barbs legs in alsius haven could be an odyssey. While in Ra you could find them "easy".

i said our items are "garbage" because our population is low so less ppl box items = less probabilities to get op items .

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #10
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
...I've seen plenty of legendary items with great resists and maxed-out bonuses in Syrtis in past years, and my guess would be in other realms it's the same.
I would have posted this answer as forum-mail for Halvdan's consideration, so as to completely avoid the possibility of derailing this thread (or accusations thereof), but he cannot be forum-mailed (idk why), so:

It's not at all the same, nope. Here's why...

https://www.championsofregnum.com/fo...ed#post1896878

...& it was not just boss amulets & rings.

The former full-GM-toolkit allowed one to spawn all sorts of items into this game. The unnamed 'someone' in that post-link above was a GM, in syrtis, had such access, criminally abused their authority, cheated NGD out of box sales, & spawned a shitton-&-a-1/2 of stuff for buddie$ & customer$ (mostly in syrtis). They were fired, ofc, all of their player accounts perma-banned (or so we were told years ago; tho I've seen them ingame again this year on occasion), & even today, all that spawned stolen stuff is still sitting on haven-accounts. Why do you think Adrian says he's concerned? He has cause to be. If unrestricted transfers, or a merge, were allowed, the sheer amount of high-end ill-gotten game-goodies that are stored safely away atm on haven could (temporarily at least) devastate normal box sales (& NGD's revenue stream) on Ra

Last edited by Lebeau; 10-18-2018 at 07:58 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread