Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about
Default More speed armor ranting

Deleted...

Last edited by Katiechan; 04-07-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
nahuee
Banned

nahuee can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiechan
Yes, another thread, until NGD gets the point.

This speed armor needs to be removed or many people are going to start quitting.. I already know of several in Syrtis who do not want to continue playing the game if every single Ignis hunter(noob or top, it doesn't matter), has speed armor making them not only impossible to catch unless you trap them somehow, but also makes it impossible to run away from them.

This has also given Barbarians, etc. the ability to outrun Hunters in almost every situation, which is just not right. It's a sad day when a Hunter can't catch any class but a Knight, and when a Hunter can't catch another Hunter.

If this armor is to be left in the game the range on Ensnaring Arrow needs to be increased from 25 to 30, minimum, and I'm not even sure that would help much, as they are easily able to outrun 30 range. I wonder if a Marksman with max range could even hit them very well.

Right now I am considering leaving the game permanently if this is not fixed, after playing Regnum since just after beta. I am not interested in hearing your "alternative suggestions" for dealing with the problem, I've played the game for a very long time compared to most people and I hunt with some of the best Hunters in Syrtis and most of them agree, the speed armor is just downright unbalancing.

We are not noobs, we know what we're talking about--time to listen, please.

Hi,
i have this armor, you see me no?

really fast,

PD:sorry, i speak spanish, and so so inglish
nahuee no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Boger
Master

Boger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiechan
Yes, another thread, until NGD gets the point.

This speed armor needs to be removed or many people are going to start quitting.. I already know of several in Syrtis who do not want to continue playing the game if every single Ignis hunter(noob or top, it doesn't matter), has speed armor making them not only impossible to catch unless you trap them somehow, but also makes it impossible to run away from them.

This has also given Barbarians, etc. the ability to outrun Hunters in almost every situation, which is just not right. It's a sad day when a Hunter can't catch any class but a Knight, and when a Hunter can't catch another Hunter.

If this armor is to be left in the game the range on Ensnaring Arrow needs to be increased from 25 to 30, minimum, and I'm not even sure that would help much, as they are easily able to outrun 30 range. I wonder if a Marksman with max range could even hit them very well.

Right now I am considering leaving the game permanently if this is not fixed, after playing Regnum since just after beta. I am not interested in hearing your "alternative suggestions" for dealing with the problem, I've played the game for a very long time compared to most people and I hunt with some of the best Hunters in Syrtis and most of them agree, the speed armor is just downright unbalancing.

We are not noobs, we know what we're talking about--time to listen, please.
I still dont see the point in this whining, I agree that the armor only for ignis is unbalancing, but every class has skills that can make the speed bonus useless, use your brain and skills.
I alrdy tested that in the arena ( i know, its not as big as the open terrian ), but still i had no bigger problems (AS A KNIGHT!) to make the speed bonus useless...
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
adrianpf
Count

adrianpf has a spectacular aura aboutadrianpf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boger
I alrdy tested that in the arena ( i know, its not as big as the open terrian ), but still i had no bigger problems (AS A KNIGHT!) to make the speed bonus useless...
15 minutes ago:

I met an Ignis hunter ~38 and outran me 2 times (surely for this armor) but I kept on searching him with my knight (just as the badass I am (?)) and finally the third time got him and almost killed him... but a 50 hunter came to help, I dealed with his pet, kill the noob and then the lvl 50.

KNIGHT POWAAA!

So, I don't think it's too unbalancing IF they plan to make some items in the other realms that are as interesting as this ones... in Alsius there isn't a proper one only for Alsirians.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
Boger
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianpf
15 minutes ago:

I met an Ignis hunter ~38 and outran me 2 times (surely for this armor) but I kept on searching him with my knight (just as the badass I am (?)) and finally the third time got him and almost killed him... but a 50 hunter came to help, I dealed with his pet, kill the noob and then the lvl 50.

KNIGHT POWAAA!

So, I don't think it's too unbalancing IF they plan to make some items in the other realms that are as interesting as this ones... in Alsius there isn't a proper one only for Alsirians.
Exatcly... Telling me that there is no way to kill some1 cause he has 6% more speed is awkward. If he's desperate to kill you, he will even come close enought to you when you hide from him behind a tree or a rock.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Boger
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianpf
15 minutes ago:

KNIGHT POWAAA!

Exatcly... Telling me that there is no way to kill some1 cause he has 6% more speed is awkward. If he's desperate to kill you, he will even come close enought to you when you hide from him behind a tree or a rock.
So you just wait pateiently, if he doesnt come, then you go your way, simple
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #7
Valorius
Banned

Valorius can only hope to improve

Quote:
I still dont see the point in this whining, I agree that the armor only for ignis is unbalancing, but every class has skills that can make the speed bonus useless, use your brain and skills.
You're talking about an enclosed space in the arena where no gap larger than about 30 meters can occur. In the open field against a hunter with a 121% passive speed , you wouldn't catch him unless you absolutely totally surprised him, or he wanted you to. 6% passive speed is a huge difference. As i said before, it's the equivelant to "lvl 7" wild spirit, or having lvl 1 mobility "permanently" activated.

Me and bowvyn were chasing Legolas I tonight after we retook Stone, and he had the speed boosting stuff on. It took Bowv's lvl 5 onslaughts boosting me and my lvl 5 mobility with lvl 4 SOTW to finally catch and kill him, and it took at least 3 kilometers. We chased him forever.

And as Sara pointed out, escaping from an ignis hunter is now virtually impossible (without invis or a good bit of luck).

Seriously, this is a huge imbalance.

Quote:
So you just wait pateiently, if he doesnt come, then you go your way, simple
(sarcasm on)That's right, just let the ignis hunters roam free in our lands, if they dont attack us directly, they're not a threat, so the extra speed doesnt matter....(sarcasm off).

Last edited by Valorius; 01-09-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Valorius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #8
Angelwinged_Devil
Banned

Angelwinged_Devil is on a distinguished road

maybe they should spend more time knocking him down/stunning/unable to move him instead of trying to leech rp by doing damage? It's pretty frustrating when archers rathe want to run 200 metres extra than ambush someone and let his teammates help kill them which will allow the team to continue doing whatever they were doing faster than having to run 200 metres >_>.
I have personally never experienced an ignis using this speedbost thingy, they rather want armor which is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteMe
I'd rather have fast hunters than faster casting especially for mages...

BTW - Will alsius be getting any special items?
this is also my concern
Angelwinged_Devil no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Comp
Count

Comp will become famous soon enough

Yes - where's the balance??
Old 01-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #10
Valorius
Banned

Valorius can only hope to improve

I think this change will balance it Solarus. If Ignites want to wear super light armor to get 6% (or whatever) more attack speed, they can go right on ahead. >:}
What this change will do is make this armor great for ignis grinding (esp in inner realm) it's low lvl so cheap to fix (for those that feel they must horde massive amounts of basically useless gold by not wearing armor, or wearing crap armor to save on repiars), and the extra attack speed will speed up grinding. And any armor is better than nothing.
Valorius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote