Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
Torcida
Banned

Torcida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotw should be adjusted

As the title says I think Hotw should be adjusted,Why; The actual purpose for Hotw was RvR but from personal experience I know that it is being spammed in pvp (2v1-3v1) situations if 2 barbs are chasing you and 1 barb has hotw you can try to slow them what you want but they will catch you for sure and this is just 1 small example, Thats why I think instead of having 1 player arround you to be able to use this spell I think you should have atleast 4 only then you can call it a RvR spel.
Torcida no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Gabburtjuh
Baron

Gabburtjuh is on a distinguished road

so 2 barbs of which one is WM should not be able to catch you?

One Bite Snack, 60 barb / Wang King, 60 knight
Gabburtjuh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Torcida
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabburtjuh View Post
so 2 barbs of which one is WM should not be able to catch you?
Not with the use of Hotw cause I don't think it gives other players a fair chance to survive in the WZ.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

2 vs 1 should always have the odds stacked against the single player - what you're proposing would be more imbalance.

Also, PvP stands for Player Versus Player, not Players Versus Player/s.
Thus this example would come under RvR.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
Torcida
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacrulzrs2 View Post
2 vs 1 should always have the odds stacked against the single player - what you're proposing would be more imbalance.
I have got no problems fighting 2v1 fights but Hotw simply makes it unfair for every player in that situation the purpose of hotw is to be used in fort wars big open field battles invasion bridge fights etc... not in a PVP situation (yes it is a pvp situation or would you rather call a 2v1 fight RvR?) I understand WM's don't like this but you have to be realistic.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Gabburtjuh
Baron

Gabburtjuh is on a distinguished road

HotW is to support allies, 1 ally is a ally to, get WM to and a hunting partner, and you can move fast to, people grind for it, do quests and even have to be near allies to use their powers, if you don't like it, go play a PvP based game, cuz some complaints about WM skills are rightfull, this one isn't worth giving a second thought, how's 2 vs 1 and 2 winning with one person sacrificing points to skill his WM powers unfair? 2 barbs without hotw probably can't even catch a lock, and I'm pretty sure you know that, so stop making biased threads and start running around with friends that are WM for example...

One Bite Snack, 60 barb / Wang King, 60 knight
Gabburtjuh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida View Post
I have got no problems fighting 2v1 fights but Hotw simply makes it unfair for every player in that situation the purpose of hotw is to be used in fort wars big open field battles invasion bridge fights etc... not in a PVP situation (yes it is a pvp situation or would you rather call a 2v1 fight RvR?) I understand WM's don't like this but you have to be realistic.
I would call it RvR yes, PvP would be incorrect.

It's meant to be unfair.
Remember this is a RvR based game, if you find yourself alone against two other players you should expect to lose.
Think of it as incentive to co-operate.
It is also part of the incentive and benefit of actually attaining WM status - a status that has already been degraded.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
Torcida
Banned

Quote:
I would call it RvR yes, PvP would be incorrect.

It's meant to be unfair.
Remember this is a RvR based game, if you find yourself alone against two other players you should expect to lose.
Think of it as incentive to co-operate.
It is also part of the incentive and benefit of actually attaining WM status - a status that has already been degraded.
2v1 is clearly PvP look it up if you don't believe me, Yes this game is a RvR based game but PvP and hunting is a part of that and NGD should keep in mind a good ammount of people play this game almost purely because off its attractive pvp options, But sadly enough this game is somehow becoming more and more of a no-skills no-brains involved game and thats not a positive thing, Warmasters played a big-role in the game's further process into becomming a hack and slash game, I have nothing against Hotw in General but it has too fit its actual purpose and currently its just not doing that.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #9
Llayne
Initiate

Llayne is on a distinguished road

lock with slow 5 pvp setup doesn't like horn of the wind. Shocking. >.>

Quote:

Also, PvP stands for Player Versus Player, not Players Versus Player/s.
Thus this example would come under RvR.
One lock vs two warriors with no horn and the lock has a good chance of winning. This is why he doesn't like hotw...
Llayne no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote