General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road
Default Important: Xmas problems!

Dear Community,

As you may know these have been some troubled days at NGD Studios
Besides any issues arising from the GUI update, we unwillingly introduced some issues within the ximerin code that allowed people to exploit the system and buy a lot of premium items without spending their ximerin.

This forced us to take drastic measures as introducing around 50 thousand USD worth of free premium items in the game could really unbalance the economy, breaking our business model in the process.

To make things worse, it’s the holiday season and most of our staff is out on vacations.

We are aware of all of the issues that the community is bringing up... so please bare with us until while we work them out.
  • Firstly, we want to make the game playable, so we are removing the falling damage until we find the issue causing damage when walking.
  • Most of the issues you guys have with the UI (resizable combat log, map zoom, HP bars, etc.) will be fixed shortly, please be patient.
  • If you are a premium customer we are very sorry for the inconvenience these past few days. Most of the illegally obtained items have been deleted and the ximerin restored.

To those who took advantage of the situation I’d like to tell you that you put not only Regnum’s but our company’s future in jeopardy. We can’t penalize you because this was our mistake and we have to own up to it, and because some of you have been great customers in the past.

To these users I say, you have forfeited any rights to complain about the current situation. As we have owned up to our mistake, reflect and do the same about your abuse.

BR,

- Chilko

PS: On a personal note and to make this the worst week of my life, my apartment was broken into on Christmas eve.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
pauluzz
Initiate

pauluzz is on a distinguished road

Chilko, i wish you and the whole NGD staff, but especiallly you lots of love, luck and succes after this awefull news!

Great that you are working on the problems and i hope it will be all good soon.

Pauluzz - Warlockz - Paul - Pauluzu - Paululu - Felicica --- INQUISITION
pauluzz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

That sucks. Wish you a smooth recovery.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Regnum_Online
Initiate

Regnum_Online is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update, chilko. Good luck getting everything back on track!

Sorry to hear about your house being broken into. Was anything stolen?
Regnum_Online no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Well, as I complained in another post, this update was horribly rushed and you guys have paid for it. I know you were trying to get it out, but this is the classic NGD mistake; it is time that you guys recognise that and fix it, it should never have lead to something like this. All of that money that has been lost could've been spent on a proper QA and testing team and prevented this. In my years of playing the game, I have never seen an update so terribly botched.

But I am not here to gripe at you. My frustration is because these actions result in a loss of players, of friends, of allies and enemies. It is very hard to watch the next big update come around with the same problems as before, and see my chats filled with nothing but players complaining and quitting because of the game no longer runs of their system, or they get too low of FPS, or the new GUI is too big to fit on their laptop screen, or their character keeps falling to their death every few meters.

I have been playing this game for four years and will continue to do so. I will also continue to purchase Xim when you guys do a good job and withhold any purchases when you do not. I am neither here to support NGD nor to degrade them; and I will always be either on your side or the customer's side depending on which side I believe is more correct.

I am sorry for your loss sand I hope that this can be a learning experience for all, that the future of the game really won't be in question and that it can not only recover from this but prosper under a refined development process; combined with the new engine, new forts, new UI and eventually (I hope) new cities which will spread it to newer users and eventually hold an even larger population of players than now, across the entire world.

When things are their worst, they can only go up. Take the lemons and make lemonade, or whatever you prefer.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

I'm one of the forum "whiners", but i do it because i really really like RO. For me it is the game that makes me relax and blow steam after the hard work day.

Hope you guys have a really nice vacation this days. Thumbs up things will get better one after another.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a Russian proverb: Better later, than never.
punish all the not honest players, if you can.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Wait, so there is a ximerin bug? (And how could I even not notice this earlier, lol, seems it was pretty devastating) That's pretty much the worst case scenario, besides getting your whole office building burnt down (which actually happened to a company while I bought my speakers from them), right at Christmas, wow. Best of luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
PS: On a personal note and to make this the worst week of my life, my apartment was broken into on Christmas eve.
Ouch, that really sucks. (You should hope that it stays the worst weak of your life, though, there are far worse ways to have a worst week ever :/)

Good luck, and always think optimistically. It can just get better now.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear Community,

As you may know these have been some troubled days at NGD Studios
Besides any issues arising from the GUI update, we unwillingly introduced some issues within the ximerin code that allowed people to exploit the system and buy a lot of premium items without spending their ximerin.

This forced us to take drastic measures as introducing around 50 thousand USD worth of free premium items in the game could really unbalance the economy, breaking our business model in the process.
A damn serious issue
Since i don't play atm, i wasn't aware of it.
Very bad news.

Quote:
To make things worse, it’s the holiday season and most of our staff is out on vacations.
Don't do major updates just before holidays. I was worried about that, hence this post.
Now let's hope you can sort it out.

Quote:
We are aware of all of the issues that the community is bringing up... so please bare with us until while we work them out.
  • Firstly, we want to make the game playable, so we are removing the falling damage until we find the issue causing damage when walking.
  • Most of the issues you guys have with the UI (resizable combat log, map zoom, HP bars, etc.) will be fixed shortly, please be patient.
  • If you are a premium customer we are very sorry for the inconvenience these past few days. Most of the illegally obtained items have been deleted and the ximerin restored.
Thanks.

Quote:
To those who took advantage of the situation I’d like to tell you that you put not only Regnum’s but our company’s future in jeopardy. We can’t penalize you because this was our mistake and we have to own up to it, and because some of you have been great customers in the past.

To these users I say, you have forfeited any rights to complain about the current situation. As we have owned up to our mistake, reflect and do the same about your abuse.
Let's hope this will soon behind us, as a bad souvenir.

Quote:
BR,

- Chilko

The only true rule: Murphy's law.
At least, you can do a realistic wish for 2012: "never like 2011's Christmas again!"

I wish all issues you are facing at the moment will be old stories soon.
Keep us informed.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
standistortion
Master

standistortion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Very sorry to hear that, hope the lowlife scum get what they deserve.
standistortion no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote