Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 02-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
kaczor
Pledge

kaczor is on a distinguished road
Default how to make regnum more fun?

What i think could make Regnum better game is to make monsters move more. if monsters stand still to much the game starts to look like Planeshift (thats noob). Monsters should move fe. form point to point instead of stand still and every monster (or majority of them) should attack whenever they see a player.

PS i was/am tibia player and in that game (despite ancient graphics) is still a lot of fun ... i was trying to find why Tibia is more funny to me than fe. Planeshist and similar games and aggressive monsters was the main thing ... game become more dynamic because of that.
kaczor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
kaczor
Pledge

kaczor is on a distinguished road

It would be nice also to make some king of dungeons that would look nice in Regnum Graphics engine.
kaczor no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Nitroxys
Pledge

Nitroxys is on a distinguished road

I agree with you it would be nice to have some agressive monsters. You still have to notice the monsters that have savage in there name are agressive and they will attack you. You also have to look at it in this way if all the monsters were that agressive everyone would die and it would make it impossible to level. I would hate to die as many times as i have in Tibia trying to take level cuz some vampire or hydra or dragon lord pops up out of no where and kills you. NGD In honest opinion add a few more savage monsters to make the game a little more exciting maybe get our hearts racing a bit, but not too many to the point where everyone dies. It always did make tibia more fun. And its nice to see a tibia player i love that game almost to level 100-96 =( then i can quit. i played on two main worlds Dolera and Silvera. both fun worlds but watch out for the brazilians on silvera you level too quickly they will hunt you. My two Characters are Jirizcek and Nitroxys Anyways nice talking to you and i hope this helped.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroxys
I agree with you it would be nice to have some agressive monsters.
I take it you have not been in the war zone yet. A change was made so now all the Great Werewolves are aggressive and there is a lot in 1 spot. In that same place the Orc Chiefs are also there and a quick run there will cost you at least 1000 health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaczor
What i think could make Regnum better game is to make monsters move more.
The AI is not complete so I sure that will change. The game is still Beta after all.

Organized Confusion

Last edited by Tyr; 02-07-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
imasu
Master

imasu is on a distinguished road

Adding to the previous answers...

the fun is not in killing the monsters, it is in the players vs players wars; what level are you?, maybe you have not participated in any fight yet.

Anyway, it is true that mobs AI is still in progress and that leveling should not be boring; but take my word, the fun is outside the walls.

Cheers.
imasu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
Nitroxys
Pledge

Nitroxys is on a distinguished road

Tyr, i agree with what you are saying i am still fairly new to this game and very new to Alsius. The fun is outside the wall and in the element of PVP itself, but for those of the people who are inside the wall they still want to be able to have fun without having to PVP. and yes tyr i have noticed some of the orcs agressiveness, but what we are saying everyone wants to be having fun at all levels not in just the high ones. Right now i am weak in the game only 31, working on getting better but you have to look at it this way 3/4 of all the players in regnum never make it to level 30 + do you know why it is because they get bored and there is nothing to make it interesting. And we all understand that the game is still in beta testing that is why we are all playing to help NGD work out all the bugs and turn offs of there game. This game is a blast and i like it so much more than all the others. All im saying is before you starting ragging on people try to see it from there perspective.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
Tyr
Master

Tyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroxys
All im saying is before you starting ragging on people try to see it from there perspective.
Where did I "rag" on you? All I did was point out that the monsters are changing and some monsters that were not aggressive are now aggressive. I also made no comment on PVP at all. If you feel that I have "ragged" on you all I can say that was not the intention of my post.

Organized Confusion

Tyr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
Xenofobo
Pledge

Xenofobo is on a distinguished road

that´s ok Tyr, but i understand what the main thing here is.

Now I´m raising some new character (a lot indeed =P ) and yes... it´s singsong and a little boring seeing a lot of fun outside the walls and in the realm, taking away some events made between the players, are just mob knocking.

But, like here is write, regnum is evolving permanently, so, dnt see bad feelings over the words of another comrade, the last thing that we need is that.

Agree with me, this is a game, a prosperous one, where we can fight with a lot of thing... even us =P... but just in the game =D

So, this kinda fun things shure R noticed be the ngd corpses and hope with the dungeon addition (just making me ecco of another post) and a lot of ideas that r taking light in the xperimental server (including the premiun things lol ... hope this evolve in a mere High lvl fun game!).

So, we r just next the next step in the regnum evolution, and from the words of Megrim in the spanish forum, I give u the new of the next balance of the warriors class (a class maked nearly extinted because the improvements in the ranged ones).

Peace between brothers... death to the rabbits!

For ALsius patres!