Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Orimae
Initiate

Orimae is on a distinguished road
Default Horus Story. If its not Red, its dead

I have seen so many wonderful stories here about our beloved game...i thought i would try my hand at it too ^^

Please be kind XD

Jana Tur'el stepped out of the dim, murky blacksmiths, the smell of soot and red hot metal still filling her nostrils, she was wearing the new dyed lion armour she had so longed for, the blacksmith had worked so hard to make it fit her so well.

She had to shield her eyes from the high midday sun over Medenet, and as she did she caught a glimpse of herself in the tavern window. Her armour gleamed crimson red, the colour of her beloved sand under the midnight stars, she smiled, full of pride , she looked fierce.

'Ok' she thought to herself, 'time to see how well this armour works' and she ran out of the city, looking for one of the tortured souls that haunted the city's surroundings.

Soon, she spotted her quarry, an ancient mummy. She drew her great claymore from its resting place on her strong back, and with an almighty roar, she lifted the great sword in the air and charged full tilt at her prey, and with an almighty crash, brought her weapon down on the unsuspecting mob with such force, it died with one swipe of her lightning charged sword, crumpled to a bloody heap to the ground in front of her.

'Perfect' she grinned to herself, but it wasn't exactly a challenge to her.

'The swamp...i will go there, do a bit more testing, hopefuly some enemies may stray there too' she thought, hopeful someone might actualy be stupid enough to stray into the deadly Ignis Swamp.

The swamp was deadly alright, it was the favorite place of one of the great Ignis conjuror's ...Orimae Fionn...

Jana made her way to the great wall of Ignis, eventually coming to the massive gate that protected the inner realm of her people. She stood and admired it for a minute, admiring its sheer greatness as it loomed high above her.

'Time to leave my cities behind and finaly see what lies in the warzone' she breathed out, slightly uneasy.

'Are you ok Miss Tur'el?' Jana spun around, startled by the voice.
'Who are you' she growled, 'how do you know my name?'

The dark elf who had spoken instantly regreted his words. 'I...i...i..am the gatekeeper, and everyone knows of you....' he stammered, 'Orimae has spoken of your coming' .

Confused, Jana looked at the little dark elf, her head filling up with questions. 'where do i find this Orimae? I suppose she can answer my questions better than you' she sneered at the gatekeeper.

'she passed through the gate a few hours ago, with her companion, Oppervaagheid, she told me you may come this way today, she is in the swamp, as always'.

The gatekeeper opened the massive gates and said timidly, 'see that shining orb over there to the right? That's our teleport, it will take you to the alter at Shaanarid castle, travel south east, you will find the swamp there' and pointed at the teleport.

Jana gave him a nod of thanks, then suddenly felt a little sorry for the little elf...he was only doing what he had been instructed to do.

With a huge burst of speed, she ran to the glowing orb, hovering gently above its pedestal, wary, she reached out and touched it, and in a blaze of white light she was instantly transported to the alter of her lands great castle, Shaanarid.

She touched the pillar with a small prayer, with closed eyes she whispered, 'please help me protect these sands and all the people who dwell here' , she opened her eyes and made her way to the Ignis swamp.

'So people already know of me...i have tried so hard to stay silent, i have been so careful ,talking only to my trainers and merchants' Jana thought. She had worked hard to reach the top level, slaying mob after endless mob, gaining strength with each blow of her weapons, tirelesly working her way around the inner realm, keeping her head down, being careful not to let anyone see that she was only a woman, but she was a molok, she had to make people believe she was as strong inside as she was on the out.

She reached the outer limit of the swamp, took in a deep, sharp breath of its misty air, and let the smell of it linger inside her lungs before releasing it slowly taking a step inside.

The place was eerie, filled with weird and wonderful creatures. She was about to draw her sword and eliminate a few of them when she heard a noise, coming from one of the great tree's that dripped with moss and mist.

She charged at the noise, but stopped dead in her tracks, her sword fell limply to the ground with a huge thud....two small figures stood before her, both dark elves, almost dwarfed by her huge height, 'so, Jana Tur'el...you have arrived' said the female of the pair in a smooth calm tone. It was Orimae Fionn and Oppervaagheid....