Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support > Linux

Linux Technical issues under Linux platform

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
2juicy4you
Pledge

2juicy4you is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Install Ubuntu, Please Help

ok so I have downloaded the 64 bit version 3 times now because someone in the forums said that it might have been corrupt, seems the torrent cannot be downloaded atm due to my ignorance or something else says connection denied, I have opened my terminal window and navigated to the directory, chmod'd it and tried to use the line command, nothing happened at all, they I tried to do it again with a different line command and got the notice that it could not access the file to it being a .bin extension, I have no idea how to execute or work with this type of file, when I double click the file in the firefox download windows it ask me to choose an application to handle the file, still am at a loss for that.

I have made sure in the file properties that it does have permission to execute, but still nothing, please help have tried alot of things and none of them seem to work...

My skill level with Linux is Meh, and my knowledge of it is even more Meh! I see alot of comments about installing this and some people seem to be able to just execute the program install app, that seems to be unavailable in my case. If its not to much trouble would you mind putting this in format, do blah blah blah step a, then blah blah step b and so on i need it basic thnk I am working on ver 10.4 of Ubuntu

Sincerely,
Windows Squidbilly
2juicy4you no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote