General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #11
EverlastingWind
Banned

EverlastingWind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
EverlastingWindy, people with 2 accounts in same realm WILL be affected. Such share their items now between their accounts, but won't be able to do so if the items are made account-bound.
They can ask NGD to merge the 2 accounts into a single one. I'm sure it's possible.

Quote:
Also, you actually expect NGD to code YOUR fix of Haven-items bound, but others UNbound? Do you really want to open that potential can-of-worms? Can't & won't be done, period, at least I hope not. Sounds entirely like begging for a giant swarm of stinging bugs to bite me...[/U]".
They changed the hunter champions legs from %ms to %cs. I believe that champions legs point to an ID and that ID defines the properties of the item. (it also looks like the moment when the item was dropped/boxed/'bought from npc' is recorded because it order them in your inventory from the oldest to newest)
Boss jewels are not unique items, they always have the same values. If those boss jewels point to some IDs then it's simple. For each of them a new ID is added to the database and that ID has account bound added as property. From this point it's a simple ID replace (all boss jewels from haven point to the new ID). It can be undone at a later date.

The stats of some particular items are identical (after crafting even regular monsters can drop cloned items, even 2 identical items in a row). Without IDs for such items I don't see how else it would be possible.

Quote:
There's nothing in the TOS forbidding the sale/trade of game items afaik, just the accounts themselves.
That TOS hasn't been updated for ages. What if someone is doing something bad ingame that is not covered by the TOS? NGD will just watch and do nothing? I think if there are reasons to ban that person despite the fact that it's not listed in the TOS they will do it.

Can you sell something that you don't own?

From TOS: Verbal abuse - (Cursing at each other, foul language, sexual jokes, threats, etc.) - 1st strike - Ban 2 days 2nd strike - Ban 3 days - 3rd - Ban 1 week . If they apply this well some players will end up constantly banned for it...

Quote:
P.S.: Haven is essentially dead already. Valhalla is dying.
I don't make hopes that the players that left this game will actually return after a merge (last summer an attempt to bring back old players has been attempted, it failed). In fact on long run I think maybe only the current active players in Haven will remain in this game (my bet is on less than current Haven players). Other servers merge/transfers point to this conclusion.

In each game players leave the game and new player come to the game. If too many players leave the game and too few new player come to the game then there are problems. At least balance has to exist, if the number of new players is bigger than the number of players that leave there is no problem, the game is growing. Some things to bring new players and keep them ingame supposed to be done long time ago and I still don't see them done.

Why players left Haven:
- players got bored of the game and left (happens in every game)
- players were chased away by the toxic players (some games deal better with the toxic players) (bad part here is that some of those players were helping new players, keeping commerce alive, keeping ah alive)
- internal realm conflicts (happened/happens in all 3 realms)
- issues keeping new players ingame when they have other games where things progress faster (it is hard to impossible to keep a new player when in another game he can get what he wants way faster and when he start to think that in this game things progress way too slow)
- unbalanced realms population at some hours (no fun to defend alone vs 30 enemies and when that happens every single time when you can play the game well doubt someone will stay for long)
- player population dropped to a point where there is barely any action

Quote:
Do you really want to open that potential can-of-worms?
Only very few active Haven players have boss jewels. Only very few active Haven players have 2+ accounts (and I believe accounts merge is possible something that will solve the problem).
If you add how many Haven players I expect to actually remain active after the merge I don't really see any problem.

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-03-2018 at 07:48 AM.
EverlastingWind no ha iniciado sesión