Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
FlyingDeadBirdie
Pledge

FlyingDeadBirdie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Low lvls in Warmasters

Hi,
I would like to address a few concerns that I have for low lvl players like me. I have a lvl 38 conjurer that is 40k to 39. I have been uber lazy at lvling, but recently I started grinding more, hoping that I would reach lvl 50 by march. But now that warmasters will be coming out with a lvl 60 cap, I am afraid it will take me at least half a year, if not never, to level to 60. And by then maybe the lvl cap might be raised to 70! Also, if guards become lvl 60, then players like me won't stand a chance. We would get killed almost instantly. I thought when I reached 40 I could at least stand a chance and be a little helpful, but it now looks like my efforts will be futile. Of course, many people have told me that it's only the lvl 50s that matter at all. Because lvl 40s are weak compared to 50s. Now how will I even manage to battle lvl 60s? I'm quite sure that NGD has a new plan for lvling, so it might not be so bad for us, but I hope they haven't forgotten about players like me. Overall, I think warmasters will be great, I just don't want to be lvl 40 and feel like a lvl 20 again.
FlyingDeadBirdie no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
FlyingDeadBirdie
Pledge

Sorry,I dont think I voiced what I wanted to say very well. I mean to ask how to prepare for warmasters so I don't feel like a lvl 20 again. I thought I should grind till I'm 44 or something like that, but others have told me not to because xp per lvl will be lowered and I could achieve more lvls after the update. I'm just a worrywart ha ha.
Would be awesome if NGD replied too
Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Don't fret too much, 3.3million XP for level 50 isn't very much, and you'll have just as much XP per mob, but a lower goal for 50. By that time I guarantee you'll be pretty close to most people if the target for 60 is 10 million! :O

As for guards, well, as a level 50 barbarian, I've had little difficultly taking a single one out, and with care can do both the "Very Hard" door guards on a fort by myself, and keep in mind I have a build that's gimped for 1v1 so I can distribute damage around lots of players at once. Provided you're in a group, I don't think the guards themselves will prove too much of an obstacle.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
FlyingDeadBirdie
Pledge

That's the problem. It's taken me a year and a half to grind 1.5 mil. I don't think I can grind another 11.5 mil anytime soon
Old 02-20-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDeadBirdie View Post
That's the problem. It's taken me a year and a half to grind 1.5 mil. I don't think I can grind another 11.5 mil anytime soon
I'll put it this way:

Previously, you had about 4 million to grind to get competitive. Now you have less. For a while.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
Altara
Apprentice

Altara will become famous soon enough

I agree with Arafails, I dont see why people are so worried about "Low levels and the Expansion"
Less xp to grind, xp from war, and every realm can grind to 32 (or higher) in realm, Syrtis can get all the way to 50. In my opinion 30 is a great time to start war.
Even if later on theres a bunch of 60's running around killing grinders, its no different from now when 50's do it. If you are being killed while grinding now, what do you do? You log, call friends, it will be the same way with the update.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #7
FlyingDeadBirdie
Pledge

I see your points. But I am concerned not about lvl 60s ruining grinding but more like the time it takes to max out in lvling. Perhaps it will be a lot easier to lvl now?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Greyman_tle
Initiate

Greyman_tle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDeadBirdie View Post
I see your points. But I am concerned not about lvl 60s ruining grinding but more like the time it takes to max out in lvling. Perhaps it will be a lot easier to lvl now?
Depends what you mean by easier..

It should be faster than it was.. as the xp/lvl is 1/2 what it was, and you get the same xp frm mobs as b4.

I'm expecting it to take about the same amount of time to get from 50-60 as it took for me to go from 35-45.

It depends exactly what NGD have done to the xp curve, have they changed it or have they just 1/2 the req xp/lvl?
Greyman_tle no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

To me it looks easier. The rewards from war are quite attractive too. Lower level spells seem to yield quite good XP results in RvR. Plus you still have fairly safe haven inner realm to level up if you choose.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote