Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #41
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueish View Post
While there are some good ideas in this thread I still feel the best option NGD has is to merge haven to RA and relaunch Horus as a "classic server"...the concept of Regnum classic is not so far fetched and might be a moneymaker.
Ah, the good ol' days. Rogueish, this very same idea had been tossed around Haven for years after the WM/lvl-cap update (1.7.0). Most who discussed it wanted it to be circa 1.6.0-to-1.6.7 ... each version therein offered certain somethings different people wanted, but very few could agree on a single version due to certain things included that people did not like [examples: loss of lvl 1 freebie power points, nerfing Sultar's Terror over-harshly when all it needed was non-stacking (which did come later, but too late), the introduction of splash-type damage period, etc, etc, etc]. Will such a server ever happen? Well, NGD has unrelatedly said, we can only go forward, there is no going back. That might be the sum of it, quite likely. So, don't hold your breath, but thank you for this nostalgic trip driving down memory lane....
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #42
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Many Haven players, do have 60lvl chars already on Ra, so merge won't change number of players as much as anticipated from Haven numbers.
  2. Leveling on Ra is much easier, if you are interested in game-play, create Ra toon like others did already. My polish comrades leveled 50-60 in 1-3 weeks and some of them already WM, they're not coming back to Haven.
  3. Only benefit of merge Ra-Haven would be for guys who want to sell items, but than

What would be nice, is option to be transferred to Valhalla, as Haven was once Horus and European server.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #43
rogueish
Apprentice

rogueish is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Ah, the good ol' days. Rogueish, this very same idea had been tossed around Haven for years after the WM/lvl-cap update (1.7.0). Most who discussed it wanted it to be circa 1.6.0-to-1.6.7 ... each version therein offered certain somethings different people wanted, but very few could agree on a single version due to certain things included that people did not like [examples: loss of lvl 1 freebie power points, nerfing Sultar's Terror over-harshly when all it needed was non-stacking (which did come later, but too late), the introduction of splash-type damage period, etc, etc, etc]. Will such a server ever happen? Well, NGD has unrelatedly said, we can only go forward, there is no going back. That might be the sum of it, quite likely. So, don't hold your breath, but thank you for this nostalgic trip driving down memory lane....
Looks like we have a very different idea of what constitutes "classic". To me anything up to 1.07 would be great. 1.5 is the update that began the games decline with around half the playerbase leaving in protest. The game never recovered from that and has been in a slow downward spiral ever since becoming more and more generic to try and recover and at best slowing the decline but never reversing it.
Going back to the faster paced, less forgiving version with more char diversity that once existed is certainly a better idea than simply merging and closing the server down.
rogueish no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #44
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueish View Post
Looks like we have a very different idea of what constitutes "classic"...
Like I said, "Most who discussed it wanted it to be circa 1.6.0-to-1.6.7". That said, some few did want right-out-of-the-box beta or very nearly so, but only like 2 or 3. Like you said, "1.5 is the update that began the games decline with around half the playerbase leaving in protest". That said, the views of those who had left already & obviously preferred the much older versions weren't represented.

I can't speak to how good those earlier versions were, as I started RO sometime in late autumn '09 (v1.5 came very soon after). The impressions ppl who did play the oldest game versions suggested one in which barbs were one-hit-killaz' (imho, game was much better balanced somewhere between 1.6.0 & 1.6.7, within each version some things needful, & others not, some things liked by most, & others not, which is entirely why most couldn't agree on any single version).

Also, I truly don't recall ppl leaving game when i first began playing, or any talk at all of such a happening, but I do recall many leaving after 1.7.0 (the WM/60-lvl-cap one). About 1/2 the playerbase did leave then (mass exodus); is that when you meant?

This is still not a bad idea, just one that most likely will never happen. Alas. In fact, it's a good one imho. Let's make a deal, if NGD won't do this, then we will ... in our dreams. You host me in your RO-dreamscape one night, then I'll host you in my dreams the next night, taking turns (ahem, if you think NGD's servers are laggy/buggy, wait til you're in my brainpan....).
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #45
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Can you please not continue with "Regnum-classic"? That's not going to happen. Read all the changelogs and you'll see why.

Let me illustrate all of you with my crystal ball:

"Regnum 1.7 was recovered after a lot of work and letting 1.22.2 abandoned and stuck without changes. A player (we're going to call him "the nostalgic lad") are happy, their dream has come true."

*The nostalgic lad logs to this server*

"Oh. Where are all my items? Oh, no problem. This is for the sake of our beloved 1.7. I'll go get some war. Nice, so much f-- SERVER CRASH. Ok, no worries. They will check what happened and try searching for the fix of newer versions."

"Well, I'm tired of warring. Let's see how my Crafts are going. Oh, right. No worries, not a biggie. I didn't like Crafting anyway. So, let's go to the Coliseum. Oh, I can't enter, there's a Clan camping it. I wish there could be a way to enter only with my buddy. Oh, there are no more instances. Well, no biggie."

"I'm already level 60. What can I do. We need something else. Like something new to earn. Mmhh, maybe they can implement something like Warmasters, but well done this time. Like earning something that later could make you get new things. Wait, it was like that. Maybe they should integrate it but fix it a little bit. Well. Not a biggie."

"Oh, we need more premium Items. Well, they will take the time to adapt the ones from newer versions and add them here. Some of them were ok. No one cares about 1.22.2, yeah."

*Some days passed*

"WTF my Clan Ranks are reset again. They should ada... well, mhm. I'll log off, this is frustrating."

*The nostalgic lad logins again*

"Oh, no one's playing anymore. Let's try 1.22.2. Oh, Ra is almost empty, that time of preparing 1.7 made a lot of people abandon because of not getting updates. Well, maybe we should've adapted to the newest version and be concise about we wanted to have or change instead of living in the effing past."

Well, my crystal ball only tells me until that point what could happen. The rest, you can imagine.

I'll close this. We really don't need to talk about this. If anyone's serious about what they want, please post it in suggestions with a proper analysis and not just reminiscing without making an effort to remember the problems back then.