General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 06:17 AM   #121
EverlastingWind
Banned

EverlastingWind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
EverlastingWindy, people with 2 accounts in same realm WILL be affected. Such share their items now between their accounts, but won't be able to do so if the items are made account-bound.
They can ask NGD to merge the 2 accounts into a single one. I'm sure it's possible.

Quote:
Also, you actually expect NGD to code YOUR fix of Haven-items bound, but others UNbound? Do you really want to open that potential can-of-worms? Can't & won't be done, period, at least I hope not. Sounds entirely like begging for a giant swarm of stinging bugs to bite me...[/U]".
They changed the hunter champions legs from %ms to %cs. I believe that champions legs point to an ID and that ID defines the properties of the item. (it also looks like the moment when the item was dropped/boxed/'bought from npc' is recorded because it order them in your inventory from the oldest to newest)
Boss jewels are not unique items, they always have the same values. If those boss jewels point to some IDs then it's simple. For each of them a new ID is added to the database and that ID has account bound added as property. From this point it's a simple ID replace (all boss jewels from haven point to the new ID). It can be undone at a later date.

The stats of some particular items are identical (after crafting even regular monsters can drop cloned items, even 2 identical items in a row). Without IDs for such items I don't see how else it would be possible.

Quote:
There's nothing in the TOS forbidding the sale/trade of game items afaik, just the accounts themselves.
That TOS hasn't been updated for ages. What if someone is doing something bad ingame that is not covered by the TOS? NGD will just watch and do nothing? I think if there are reasons to ban that person despite the fact that it's not listed in the TOS they will do it.

Can you sell something that you don't own?

From TOS: Verbal abuse - (Cursing at each other, foul language, sexual jokes, threats, etc.) - 1st strike - Ban 2 days 2nd strike - Ban 3 days - 3rd - Ban 1 week . If they apply this well some players will end up constantly banned for it...

Quote:
P.S.: Haven is essentially dead already. Valhalla is dying.
I don't make hopes that the players that left this game will actually return after a merge (last summer an attempt to bring back old players has been attempted, it failed). In fact on long run I think maybe only the current active players in Haven will remain in this game (my bet is on less than current Haven players). Other servers merge/transfers point to this conclusion.

In each game players leave the game and new player come to the game. If too many players leave the game and too few new player come to the game then there are problems. At least balance has to exist, if the number of new players is bigger than the number of players that leave there is no problem, the game is growing. Some things to bring new players and keep them ingame supposed to be done long time ago and I still don't see them done.

Why players left Haven:
- players got bored of the game and left (happens in every game)
- players were chased away by the toxic players (some games deal better with the toxic players) (bad part here is that some of those players were helping new players, keeping commerce alive, keeping ah alive)
- internal realm conflicts (happened/happens in all 3 realms)
- issues keeping new players ingame when they have other games where things progress faster (it is hard to impossible to keep a new player when in another game he can get what he wants way faster and when he start to think that in this game things progress way too slow)
- unbalanced realms population at some hours (no fun to defend alone vs 30 enemies and when that happens every single time when you can play the game well doubt someone will stay for long)
- player population dropped to a point where there is barely any action

Quote:
Do you really want to open that potential can-of-worms?
Only very few active Haven players have boss jewels. Only very few active Haven players have 2+ accounts (and I believe accounts merge is possible something that will solve the problem).
If you add how many Haven players I expect to actually remain active after the merge I don't really see any problem.

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-03-2018 at 07:48 AM.
EverlastingWind no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #122
saumya
Initiate

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!)
saumya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingWind View Post

Only very few active Haven players have 2+ accounts
And how do you suppose this is so? Where do you get this information from? From your 'friends' that dont exist? Just so those players that are wanting to drop jewels in haven so that they sell them later on in Ra is not a reason alone for such a thing, sure why not; this will not allow those players to sell for irl$, but what about the rest who dont have such a motive in mind? Maybe think about others that are not your enemies.
saumya no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-03-2018, 09:39 AM   #123
EverlastingWind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumya View Post
And how do you suppose this is so? Where do you get this information from?
Check the week warmaster rankings.
If you know how to look at those numbers, combine with how often u can finish the wmc quests (a bit hard for you to know because well you are on mostly for bosses) (i can add other things like wishes (lvl 1 with 7500 wmc is clearly wmc wish), gems, wmc from kills on the entire map) and the informations you can get regarding who is who in each realm (you're the one that has the obsession to figure out who is who, wonder on how many players you took thinking it's me, you supposed to know better than me how to figure out who is who) you will get the real number of active players in each realm.

You can check the realm rankings also. The situation is far more worst but then again when you don't really have who to kill because players decided not to log for war to force the merge...

You know login for daily reward or bosses and logoff after doesn't make that player active.
You know when I didn't actually played this game I didn't logged at all or when they added daily reward I logged for daily reward (been some months when I didn't) maybe to try to trade but I don't remember to log only for bosses.

Quote:
From your 'friends' that dont exist?
I assume you only talk with your friends and never ever with strangers. In those conditions I wonder how you make friends because you know at the start it's a stranger.
My friends left this game due to players like you Saumya. You know other players made it on my ignore ingame list and were removed and didn't made it back. You were removed several times from it and you were added back really fast, you had several chances to not end up on my ignore list, you failed them all, there will be no other chance for you.

Skilled player that is trash talking will end up on my ignore list for a limited amount of time and it will be removed later (even if he/she is right the way of doing it is wrong), unskilled player on all classes that is trash talking and is annoying constantly will get a couple of chances and if it fails them all then perma ignore (before trash talking maybe just maybe he/she should look first at himself/herself). I have no issue to play with unskilled players that behave okish, after all we were all noobs at the start.
Let's take Linus Torvald as example, skilled coder but the way he is acting with people made several other skilled coders not want to work with him, it went to the point that they don't even send bug reports or patches to linux kernel because of the stuff Linus wrote/is writing. If Linus wouldn't had acted badly the linux kernel would been way better than it's now, but he just chased people away.

The enemies that have boss damage jewels are easy to notice due to their damage. People are capable to tell that someone is using a +44 ignean axe.
When you played in all 3 realms you probably ended up knowing who has boss jewels based on the damage numbers & casual showoff in commerce. The way haven community acted is the reasons I changed realms over and over. Other people quited. I tried to stay in this game but well it was impossible to stay in a single realm.

Quote:
this will not allow those players to sell for irl$, but what about the rest who dont have such a motive in mind?
the players that don't want to do such things would actually log to war not only log for bosses and logoff after.

And btw in place of writing on this forum maybe you should log on your Alsius toon. It's hilarious that Syrtis has to stop Ignis from invading Alsius. They already did it 2 times...

Quote:
You should accept and respect other people opinions even if you disagree with them.
Maybe when you get older you will be capable to understand, but some are never capable.

L.E.: I'm curious saumya. You wrote on the forum but didn't checked regnumsentinel to see that ignis tried to invade Alsius. You also didn't logged ingame. Atm I start to think you are part of the problem. So can you please explain why you didn't logged ingame?

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-03-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #124
Sentrii
Pledge

Sentrii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So can you please explain why you didn't logged ingame?
Old 03-04-2018, 06:34 PM   #125
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrii View Post
^ "DITTO!"

....yadaYadaYADA/blahBlahBLAH/butButBUT....

I RE-read Windy's posts ("my-eyes!/My-Eyes!!/MY-EYES!!!"), & the ONLY excuse I can seemingly find for all of these puts-a-lot-more-work-on-NGD suggestions & other criticisms is that people he truly detests making something/anything off of this merge has really given him a sore case of the redass-jellies...

It will NOT imbalance Ravalhaven (think it thru: too few items involved, way too many players there, & the influx is present in all 3 realms), so wtf is the issue here? Unless someone has good REASONS to hold up on this merge (assuming THAT's NGD's plan), let's just quit talking, & start merging already ffs!....

Last edited by Lebeau; 03-04-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 03-05-2018, 08:48 AM   #126
EverlastingWind
Banned

Quote:
Unless someone has good REASONS to hold up on this merge (assuming THAT's NGD's plan), let's just quit talking, & start merging already ffs!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroca View Post
Im an active haven player and I dont want to play in RA. Id like to play haven+val and im not the only one btw.
I'm not the only one.

Quote:
I RE-read Windy's posts ("my-eyes!/My-Eyes!!/MY-EYES!!!"), & the ONLY excuse I can seemingly find for all of these puts-a-lot-more-work-on-NGD suggestions & other criticisms is that people he truly detests making something/anything off of this merge has really given him a sore case of the redass-jellies...
There are 0 evidences that I detest someone.
Players that prove to be toxic, like being toxic daily end up on my ignore list. They will be removed from the ignore list a couple of times just to check if something changed, if nothing changed they end up on ignore list again and the number of times I check if they changed is limited. Nobody can force me to read the trash talking about me or other players (because I don't have to be the target to consider someone toxic).
I don't detest toxic players, I just don't want to see anymore what they write.

As I already said the toxic part of the community is one of the reasons players left. And because players left we end up having disscussion about merge/transfer.

I assume potential server stability problems, low fps (to the point of being unable to play) are not reasons not to merge for you.
There are players that picked Haven because of the fact that they play on 10+ years old hardware. The number of players in Haven is ok for their pc, on Ra it will be unplayable for them. Sure you can easily say time to upgrade (case when you clearly don't want to understand why they play on old hardware...), but there is also the possibility that they will leave the game.
You can have the best hardware and upgrade as soon as something better is available on the market, the more players are around you the higher the chances to trigger the low fps bug cause one of them (applies to companions also) is not loaded. And it's unplayable when that happens.

You can't think in a simple way: it doesn't affect me so I don't care. Because it can affect you in an indirect way that you will not see at first (because this type (it doesn't affect me so I don't care and that's why he/she won't see what affects him/her in an indirect way) only care about himself/herself) and when you will see the effects it will be too late...
If you watch how someone is bullied and do nothing you are no better than the bully. Next time you can be the target and when the rest will just ignore what is happening or just laugh trust me you will not like it.

A merge doesn't fix the reasons that caused the servers to end up with low population. There have been several and it was the same story over and over. It's just a temporary solution but such solution will no longer work when there is 1 single server left.
Let's say tomorrow they merge all 3 servers into 1. What if in 2 years the single server end up in same situation as Haven is now? What will be the solution?!?
Someone that wants to play this game thinks about what will happen if the the merge does nothing in reality to the real problem. Someone that wants to make profit after the merge just doesn't care cause he/she will be gone in 1 month after the merge.

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-05-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #127
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Time to close this thread. I think I could not go through a discussion between Lebeau and EverlastingWind

Next step will be asking everyone as I mentioned before about their preferences. We will do this soon enough!