Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 06-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #11
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
I absolutely agree with you, but hell Adrian, you should understand many people have(in the better case) no idea what does it mean to do proper statistic tests.

In the worse case they'll listen to you, and do some bullshit like:
"Let's collect data from game untill they'll fit my opinion".

In that case, goodluck with the situation when half of people on forums will bash you that resists are broken still because
"xxx made proper statistic tests, and look, he got huge dataset that proves RNG is broken".
I'm not demanding people to understand statistics. Just the basics: if the problem is not understood, ask nicely for information about it.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
I'm not demanding people to understand statistics. Just the basics: if the problem is not understood, ask nicely for information about it.
Yeah, but the problem with people in general is that they won't accept that they might be not right.
They'll always look for a way how to cheat the 'test', they'll make screenshots when their spells get resisted and ignore the cases when not; they'll do testing untill it will fit their opinion, and then come out with 'results' to prove you're wrong. It's a kind of sciamachy, you can't win that, people will always blame resists for them playing bad or just getting zerged.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #13
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree that Critical Chance should lead a player to choose when to have its "streak" of crits. We need to analyze the current possible sets and up until where and how it can be maxed out. Of course, keeping in mind that damage in Regnum is still something tricky and also the cause of varied rants.

This will be checked. Don't worry.
Is there an official perspective or development goal on critical hits for staff masters? Will mage critical chance be looked at too?
Takeyo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:14 PM   #14
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeyo View Post
Is there an official perspective or development goal on critical hits for staff masters? Will mage critical chance be looked at too?
Mage critical damage is obviously scheduled for revision. But this needs a proper analysis and those take time. All classes should have tools to excel their purpose, but first we have to fix the basic systems, then do the proper analysis and in the end, perform the needed balance changes.

Critical chance magnification for mages is needed to be enhanced (surely in Staff Mastery) but it will be thought carefully. All of these things can backfire if not thought properly. Some may be tired of waiting, but it's worse to hurry in such delicate matters.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #15
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Some may be tired of waiting, but it's worse to hurry in such delicate matters.
/me peeks out.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #16
godismyjudge
Initiate

godismyjudge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mage critical damage is obviously scheduled for revision. But this needs a proper analysis and those take time. All classes should have tools to excel their purpose, but first we have to fix the basic systems, then do the proper analysis and in the end, perform the needed balance changes.

Critical chance magnification for mages is needed to be enhanced (surely in Staff Mastery) but it will be thought carefully. All of these things can backfire if not thought properly. Some may be tired of waiting, but it's worse to hurry in such delicate matters.
Are there consideration to make mage's spells (and only mage's) do a critical damage (at least few percents of chance that the spell will do say 10% more damage then written in description), or is it only about staff mastery? Recently mages got nerfed their slows, barbs got increased their speed and got ranged damage resistance (e.g. damage resistance to all mage's spells). It would be nice to see one of those "Lightning" ticks crit for 120 instead of 100 damage, even if that is not much.
godismyjudge no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #17
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by godismyjudge View Post
Are there consideration to make mage's spells (and only mage's) do a critical damage (at least few percents of chance that the spell will do say 10% more damage then written in description), or is it only about staff mastery? Recently mages got nerfed their slows, barbs got increased their speed and got ranged damage resistance (e.g. damage resistance to all mage's spells). It would be nice to see one of those "Lightning" ticks crit for 120 instead of 100 damage, even if that is not much.
Only normals attacks have a chance at a critical, so I doubt this. It means ice blast would need crits, mana burn, sultars devouring mass, magma blast, break apart, tear apart and more. Would rather see warlocks get better defence than more offence.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #18
mind-trick
Apprentice

mind-trick is on a distinguished road

there are important points you need to be cautious with. mages were always cc-ers. the damage of the 2 dots have been on the low side for a very long time, it should stay like that.
mages have been relying the least on gear stats. any drastic or wrong changes to this can ruin the game step by step.
staff mastery needs to be reworked, just for the few people who are geared for staff mastery.
actually mages were initially spell casters and cast speed is just terribly slow without cast speed gear after the cs fix.

people often say "mages should scale like the rest" etc. But what about those players who play mages to compete with the average player?

tldr, i dont think critical should affect mages. or atleast keep it minimalistic, hit chance used to be next to useless so it should be the same case with critical chances

Last edited by mind-trick; 06-11-2015 at 07:36 PM.
mind-trick no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #19
v0rt3x
Master

v0rt3x is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyway, I like posts with calculations and numbers. Real numbers.
Hi Adrian,

i did some quick tests against Sambro. Is this a good one to test the Real numbers?

So i have done 30 hits at Sambro.

1. Crit. chance with equipment (+122%) = 9,55%
1 x evaded (real 29 hits landed at Sambro)
2 x Crit. hit
= 6,89%

2. Crit. chance with equipment and Mat. refl. (+300%) = 22,45%
2 x evaded (real 28 hits landed at Sambro)
5 x Crit. hit
= 17,86%

3. Crit. chance with equipment and Execution (+175%) and Mat. refl. (+300%) = 29,97%
2 x evaded (real 28 hits landed at Sambro)
6 x Crit. hit
= 21,43%

Is this enough?
Or what can i do to test it better?

I can remeber, that i have landed at Vesper much more Crit. hits (e.g. 4 or 5 in a row) before RNG update with my 85,6% Crit. chance.

What about the Aventurin? +25% Crit. chance max. today. Not that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawZ View Post
I am not sure that you can directly compare the 85.6% of the old RNG system with the 29.97% of the new one.
Hi LawZ! I think about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawZ View Post
The 29.97% is, indeed, your real critical chance, while the 85.6% was something more like a percentage to an other percentage. Check this for more information.

Best,
And yes. I read the NGD forum very attentive!
v0rt3x no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:59 AM   #20
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind-trick View Post
there are important points you need to be cautious with. mages were always cc-ers. the damage of the 2 dots have been on the low side for a very long time, it should stay like that.
mages have been relying the least on gear stats. any drastic or wrong changes to this can ruin the game step by step.
staff mastery needs to be reworked, just for the few people who are geared for staff mastery.
actually mages were initially spell casters and cast speed is just terribly slow without cast speed gear after the cs fix.

people often say "mages should scale like the rest" etc. But what about those players who play mages to compete with the average player?

tldr, i dont think critical should affect mages. or atleast keep it minimalistic, hit chance used to be next to useless so it should be the same case with critical chances
Mages were also capable of very respectable dps at one point in time. Not everyone wants to play mage only to support, gimp people to death, or compete without using good gear against players with good gear (which really doesn't work as well as you might think unless you are quite skilled). Many players would actually like to be able to have the chance to play the magical dps role that warlocks are supposed to be able to fill quite comfortably.

We don't want mages to be locked into one particular set of play-styles. We just want mages to be balanced such that if they wish to deal more damage (or more healing in the case of healers), they must sacrifice some control, and vice versa. The damage (or healing) gained by sacrificing control should be a viable option when executed intelligently.

To say that low damage output is a good thing on mages assumes that mages cannot fill the damage role, and were never intended to be able to fill the damage role. That is a huge misconception, and if the developers would take a look at staff mastery and mages' other attack-focused trees in terms of viability with attack in mind and restore mages' full range of versatility without lowering the skill cap, all while maintaining the interclass balance across the game, that would be a very good thing.

As Adrián says, such a task is easier to talk about than to execute, and balance is tough to hit on mages due to the high skill cap. All that aside, drastic changes do not ruin the game if they are balanced changes that foster dynamic gameplay. In that case, drastic changes are progress. Personally, I'm ready for some drastic changes over here if that's what it takes to bring mages up to date, because playing a class that is severely outdated just feels broken and wrong, even if it is effective under the right circumstances.
Takeyo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
critical chance, rng