_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
Hi!

Just wanted to add something new!

The event will be finished on Monday Nov. 7th

The reward for the winning event will be a +50% exp bonus and a +100% drop rate bonus for a whole week!

Regards!
Do you see the irony in rewarding with power for a competition completely driven by population?

Why not reward with bonux xp for the realmwith most playing time on lvl 30+? Oh wait - you do!

More serious:
See - theres a huge flaw in regnum - population inmabalances. You could just admit that you dont have a solution to population imbalances and quit rewarding *always* the biggest realm - for something they achieve with low competition.

Please - do something that does *not* work towards imbalances for your next event. Give gold bonus or i.e give a quest that gives you a hat with a description about winning that event. Make it symbolic rewards until you have a better, a fair solution.

And give the XP boni for evryone.
They all deserve it the same, really.

Last edited by Frosk; 11-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.
_Enio_ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #42
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Event? I gave up on events from NGD. The only one that stays in mind was that Halloween one from 2009. Purple fever was not too bad either.

For this one, the writing was on the wall for Ignis by day 2. I gave up then and went back to playing as if there was no event at all. I did the werewolf one, By the time I used potion 2 times , yawn. What can I say.

Every single event NGD ever made has lots of potential. Problem is that most of them grab failure from the jaws of success. Why? because they are usually slapped together in a hurry to "appease the masses". That's fine once we can see bug fixes, balancing and content in its place. I would gladly give up an event (2 even) for the horse reposition bug and weapon not drawn bug to be fixed.

They all got imagination and potential to be good if they allow player input and are allowed some time and a little resource to gestate properly. Every single one can be recycled and improved (except Valentine's day one of 2009). NGD should , through Frosk, make a few threads as a way to solicit ideas to improve the past events and make events that benefit all despite variances across realms. The old ones can work again, with a few tweaks to them.

This one simply fed the negative feedback loop much like many other facets of the game. NGD is certainly challenged to deliver content that does not feed negative feedback loops.

Anyway ,congrats to Syrtis and I think NGD could have pretty much called this one since Thursday last and give you guys your boosts.

Regards
bois no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
Event? I gave up on events from NGD. The only one that stays in mind was that Halloween one from 2009. Purple fever was not too bad either.

For this one, the writing was on the wall for Ignis by day 2. I gave up then and went back to playing as if there was no event at all. I did the werewolf one, By the time I used potion 2 times , yawn. What can I say.

Every single event NGD ever made has lots of potential. [...]
I agree, i find some mechanics of this event really nice. Candy dropping when killed is kinda funny aswell as these potions. Quite a pity the work thats put into these doesnt pay out to be fun due to mentioned flaws.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #44
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
I gave up then and went back to playing as if there was no event at all
I pretty much ignored the event in its entirety despite being in Syrtis, I never liked mass collecting activities and I really do not think the reward is worth the fuss.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #45
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

I totally agree this event is very badly designed (as most), winner is obvious since day one: most populated.
And rewards are increasing the population imbalance... great.

The candies dropping gave me an idea though.
Do you remember in recent episodes of Metal Gear Solid how the main character can collect enemy's tags ?
To be short, in certain conditions, he can cause the enemy to give it tag plates (?, the necklace with names used in the army).

Moved to Suggestions, here

Last edited by Zas_; 11-06-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Moved out of topic part to appropriate section
Zas_ no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #46
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

I'm going to be soooooo glad this event is over, those werewolfs are damn annoying.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #47
Psynocide
Master

Psynocide is on a distinguished road

As far as events go for NGD, this one was decent.
Hell, it could've been worse right?

The realm imbalance being rewarded is off topic, it's nothing to do with how the event was executed as it would most likely have cropped up as an excuse anyway.
It's not like they can do anything to regulate the realm populations short of removing the option of choosing which realm you want to play completely.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #48
Anpu
Count

Anpu will become famous soon enough

I found bit weird that chance for getting event mask was from Big Pumpkin was sooo small. Shouldnt event theme related stuff be more accessible to everyone?

Inquisition
Anpu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #49
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

got:
- 16 banner duel...
- 17 mana potion...
- 20 helth potion...
- around 200k gold...

no one Mask's and no one exp bonus very funny
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #50
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Do you see the irony in rewarding with power for a competition completely driven by population?

Why not reward with bonux xp for the realmwith most playing time on lvl 30+? Oh wait - you do!

More serious:
See - theres a huge flaw in regnum - population inmabalances. You could just admit that you dont have a solution to population imbalances and quit rewarding *always* the biggest realm - for something they achieve with low competition.

Please - do something that does *not* work towards imbalances for your next event. Give gold bonus or i.e give a quest that gives you a hat with a description about winning that event. Make it symbolic rewards until you have a better, a fair solution.

And give the XP boni for evryone.
They all deserve it the same, really.
Hi!

1- There are already bonuses (+RLM) for those realms with lower populations. You can actually check who has these whenever you get to pick a realm with a new account.

2- It wouldn't make too much sense to actually promise a reward for a winning realm, and later on announce that the reward goes for everyone, including those who didn't even care about it. If we did, it would have provoked complaints from those who actually worked hard on it because it'd meant that they wasted their time on it, since they could have obtain the bonus anyway.

In any case, I appreciate your interest and suggestions.

Regards!
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread