Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 10-31-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road
Default AFK Logout timer

Currently, it feels like im getting auto-logged out a lot faster than before.

Doesn't say anything on changelog about this but as a master afker i can definitely feel a difference. Pls revert
Old 10-31-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
Eizaix
Apprentice

Eizaix is on a distinguished road

I noticed it too.
Would say that it is a good change. Also makes it harder for dual logging people to stay online on both or more accounts.

And its not like it takes long to log back online anyway.
Eizaix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

It is an error that it slipped to the Live version (that's why it's not in the changelog), anyway, we're keeping it but right now it's in 5 minutes, we will raise it to 10. Before, it was 30 (which is too much).
Old 10-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
It is an error that it slipped to the Live version (that's why it's not in the changelog), anyway, we're keeping it but right now it's in 5 minutes, we will raise it to 10. Before, it was 30 (which is too much).
what is the reasoning behind that? I cannot imagine afk players to consume any server processing capacity...?
Other than that, if anything, it does not motivate people to stay in the game but instead gtfo and close the game
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
GALO ÉPICO
Banned

GALO ÉPICO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Regnum is a game that has things that takes a lot of time even to arm a dragon or set up spells, in my view from someone who knows the game well 15 minutes would be more fair.
GALO ÉPICO no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Being disconnected when training, that is another topic. It is an error and that has to be fixed. Training should be considered being active.

First of all, let me clear up that those that get kicked and then are angry and don't log in again (something really simple to be done) have other reasons and not the logging off to get angry about the game and abandon it. Let's please not mix up things.

Second, there is another thing we have to do, which is sending the user to the Character Selection screen instead of disconnecting them.

With this said, the reasons are several. One is because being AFK for a long time (10 minutes is more than enough to go to the toilet or grab some food or water), specially in Central Saves, annoys people too much as they think they are available players and just standing there. We prefer them to be sent to the Character Selection as many games do.

Also, it interferes with some server calculations on population in some "grey areas" of what is considered activity and what not. We prefer only really active players inside the game. 30 minutes is just too much.

Also, until we change it, this also means the time the server waits for a connection to be fully dismissed.

This has to be polished, of course, but I can't imagine that being kicked after 10 minutes of inactivity can enrage anyone. If that happens, there are surely other reasons piled up.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #7
GALO ÉPICO
Banned

GALO ÉPICO is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Yes, in this way you explained it will be very good things really, I really liked the part that so the afk will no longer count as active population because this very disrupts the realm of syrtis where you imagine having 500 online but in fact are 200 active and 300 missing afk just as numbers example. And when setting up spells or waiting to get into a dragon vesper inside a dragon group does not count as inactive afk, then yes I agree that 10 minutes this very good!

Good but even with everything you said I would not see with bad eyes 15 minutes, for me it does not matter because I'm always active, but from 10 minutes to 15 minutes since it was 30 minutes I do not see it badly in 15 minutes, but that's okay if you want to put 10 minutes. If it was a poll / poll type choose the time either 5minut or 10minut or 15 minutes I would vote 15 because I do not find this much for those who stay connected hours.

I know it's simple to connect again just log in to the game, but like a car when the engine dies, just turn on the car and continue but it's annoying that it happens and having to start the car again, I think being disconnected is annoying and it's only connect again but you lose some of the mood of the magic of the thing when it is disconnected, because you can no longer read everything that was written in the chat and can not follow the chat war movement to know what is happening.Bom Summing up 30minut which was I do not see badly in 15mint in my opinion of who stays hours online and does not want to miss a chat message by disconnection.

Last edited by GALO ÉPICO; 10-31-2018 at 02:42 PM.
GALO ÉPICO no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Second, there is another thing we have to do, which is sending the user to the Character Selection screen instead of disconnecting them.
This is better than a full dc
Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
nocruesfr
Pledge

nocruesfr is on a distinguished road

Yup this is better.
nocruesfr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:40 AM   #10
erzsi
Pledge

erzsi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
First of all, let me clear up that those that get kicked and then are angry and don't log in again (something really simple to be done) have other reasons and not the logging off to get angry about the game and abandon it. Let's please not mix up things.

With this said, the reasons are several. One is because being AFK for a long time (10 minutes is more than enough to go to the toilet or grab some food or water), specially in Central Saves, annoys people too much as they think they are available players and just standing there. We prefer them to be sent to the Character Selection as many games do.

Also, it interferes with some server calculations on population in some "grey areas" of what is considered activity and what not. We prefer only really active players inside the game. 30 minutes is just too much.

Also, until we change it, this also means the time the server waits for a connection to be fully dismissed.

This has to be polished, of course, but I can't imagine that being kicked after 10 minutes of inactivity can enrage anyone. If that happens, there are surely other reasons piled up.
I'm being fairly consistently disconnected about 3-5 minutes into the game, and I'm active (mounted, riding to some fort). This is a recent change, from before Hallowe'en's update. Is this related to that?

Also, when disconnected from the Character Selection screen (or during the login exchange with the client), I'd like to be able to log in without waiting an hour or three. Will this change affect that?

Last time it was an hour and ten minutes. Time before that, I gave up and played another game.

The rest, I have to say, I'm with NGD on the whole thing. I arrive at Central Save, and thirty people are standing there. Doing nothing. 5 minutes is maybe too fast, but honestly, it's not like the server is so crowded it's difficult to get back on. And if you change it to DC to character selection instead of complete logoff, it could stay 5 minutes. I'd be fine with that.
erzsi no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote