Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 09-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
impp
Initiate

impp is on a distinguished road
Default Attack speed hack?

Seen something odd in the warzone recently, wondering whether there is a hack being used that increases warrior attack speed? Is there one?

Seeing a barb hit 1500 normal, 1200 normal, 1200 normal with a spear at a speed as fast as the fastest knight sword/rapier makes me think something fishy is going on? (it was 3 hits in 2 seconds max).

Can there be that many +attack speed items to get a v. slow spear to fast?

I was told to get a video of it but apart from not having the software for it, I also have not been able to take any screen shots since the 1.78 update....
impp no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Not necessarily a "hack" but I believe a bug allowing this to happen can be reproduced. I think it involves something along the lines of moving back and forth in and out of attack range or something, idk

or it could just be lag, who knows
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seinvan View Post
Not necessarily a "hack" but I believe a bug allowing this to happen can be reproduced. I think it involves something along the lines of moving back and forth in and out of attack range or something, idk

or it could just be lag, who knows
It can also just be Fulminating with +AS gear. With Fulm buffed, this kind of damage is possible out of low-damage medium-speed weapons for Barbarians. Hunters do the same thing with Cold blood and Rapid shot, although with those new armors its not nearly as good as it used to be.

There are barbs in the game that can swing their weapons at "very fast" speed.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
impp
Initiate

impp is on a distinguished road

Okay thanks. I'll have to keep my eye out. It was not the moving forward/backward thing, he was chasing.

Something for NGD to think about maybe, if a conjurer was near me he would have had a hard job of matching that damage rate with any healing - 3700 damage in two seconds. Barb damage and damage per second increased with level 60 cap but with no increase in healing spell caps...
impp no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
harrrr
Pledge

harrrr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by impp View Post
Okay thanks. I'll have to keep my eye out. It was not the moving forward/backward thing, he was chasing.

Something for NGD to think about maybe, if a conjurer was near me he would have had a hard job of matching that damage rate with any healing - 3700 damage in two seconds. Barb damage and damage per second increased with level 60 cap but with no increase in healing spell caps...
or lock damage for that matter.
harrrr no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Nekudotayim
Initiate

Nekudotayim is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by impp View Post

or lock damage for that matter.
As already mentioned multiple times on this forum, mage damage or in this case heal power should be made depending on the staff the mage wields. Just imagine a lvlcap of 100 without changing anything in the spell system, the only class that will suffer a lot will be the mage.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekudotayim View Post
Just imagine a lvlcap of 100 without changing anything in the spell system, the only class that will suffer a lot will be the mage.
I don't know. That's the entire spellbook on tap. I'd be hard pressed just making a decision about which attack to use....
Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
UmarilsStillHere
Marquis

UmarilsStillHere will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafails View Post
I don't know. That's the entire spellbook on tap. I'd be hard pressed just making a decision about which attack to use....
Roar, Kick, Southcross, search your feelings, you know it to be true.

For about 90% of the Barb population.

As for the lock damage issue, rather than making them uber-dependant on a good staff, opening the way for OP/UP mages. How about just a simple modifier based on level? level*2 or something? So at level 60 you gain a flat 30% bonus to all damage?
Old 09-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
Nekudotayim
Initiate

Nekudotayim is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaril View Post
Roar, Kick, Southcross, search your feelings, you know it to be true.

For about 90% of the Barb population.

As for the lock damage issue, rather than making them uber-dependant on a good staff, opening the way for OP/UP mages. How about just a simple modifier based on level? level*2 or something? So at level 60 you gain a flat 30% bonus to all damage?
I'd prefer to live with that than with nothing like now. The idea about damage depending on the staff could be extended to make the type of the increased damage depending on the staff too. So if you got a fire staff all your fire spells will become more powerful than the other ones and this way we could create different mage classes like "fire mage", "ice mage" and so on. One may also like to add physical damage bonus on the staff to increase the power of the arcane magic and sacrifice cast speed for higher damage. Just a thought. Well this is kinda off-topic, I know.