Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road
Default Fellow soundclouders:

Okay, this info may have been out a bit, but:

If you have music on soundcloud, it may very well be listed and downloadable on a scam site known as deregalos . fm (I won't link to it here)

My own music as well as several of my colleagues have their tracks listed and searchable by their names on that 3rd party site. This was done without the consent of us artists of course.

Anyway, protect yourselves and your music. If you have tracks on soundcloud, set them all to private to at least prevent them from being downloaded on the scam/pirate site.

It's sad that people have to do this. And sure, my music is freely downloadable to begin with...but that doesn't mean I want some other schmuck distributing it. >_<

Here's a blurb on Mixsposure about it:
http://www.mixposure.com/ranking.php...=news_page.tpl

I think there's some info about it on spotify as well.

I've also done some hunting and saw some older info dating back to at least May. I don't know if Soundcloud is in league or cahoots with this or not, so I'm not jumping ship quite yet. However, as I have a client who I am working with, well, I won't be posting their tracks on there. I'll probably switch to something like Reverb Nation or Band Camp. :P
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

Hmm.. I can't get onto that site; page cannot be found etc. I have several tracks posted to SC, but it's unlikely they've been taken as I'm a no one.

Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe we should start a musician thread of our own. ;D
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Vaylos
Banned

Vaylos is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I mistyped that, it should be deregalo. no "s" :P Or maybe enough people posted that the site got taken down quickly. I haven't checked. :P Okay, I did check and it's still there. Luckily I didn't see anything when I searched by your name, so maybe SC fixed the backdoor linking or whatever.

Also, not a bad listing of tracks. I think you'd get along well with one of our forum-goers who's also on SC. Check out quickxkid. Also, since you're in the UK, you ever hear of a studio called Soho Sonic? A buddy of mine works there, a guy named Arie Van der Poel. Though he's trying to get a freelance thing going, last I heard. But I think he still works for the studio too. He's got a few artists under his belt now. Sound Pressure Leven, Dursun Erbay, Jenny Hallam and several others. He's also on SC under his own name.

My own accounts on SC are J-Bot and Byte-Mix-Sound-Design, but I've set my stuff to private until this stuff blows over, or I decide to move on to something like Reverb Nation. I should start having tracks up of the band I'm working with in a few weeks....somewhere....thought it's a bit Midwest Americana (read: Country-ish) so fair warning, hah!

Last edited by Vaylos; 09-01-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Vaylos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote