Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bring magnas back!!!!

+1 if you want magnanites to be tradable again!!!!!!
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

-10000000 and a ton of mudkipz
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I have no problem with it becoming a trade item again.
However, I have always had concerns about it becoming the de-facto legal tender again due to the scarcity and value. For this reason it will always be a target of duping exploit attempts.
My feeling has always been and remains that gold should be the legal tender of the game.

There may be a roundabout yet very controversial way around all that. Make magnanite ore tradable but unstashable. Cap magnanite holding on character to 500. Ingots can be formed with 400 magnanites. Yes, I am suggesting that current magnanite weapons cost less. Once magnanites are converted to ingots they instantly go to your stash. Ingots cannot be traded.
Liquidate magnanite scarcity by adding a few sub level 30 quests that pay out in magnanites/XP.
Offer Dragon wish that allows players to convert quartz and amber rocks to magnanites for a gold fee. This fee shall not exceed 5000 gold per stone. This will set a psychological market price.
Offer level capped quest (35 maybe? ) "refining". Collect XX rocks which can then be converted to 1 magnanite. Quest pays gold and is repeatable up to 5 times daily. I see no issue fostering trading with lower level 'partners' inner realm even if that trade is in gear.

Magna trades for gear still go on but there is no runaway inflation and the market stabilizes quickly. The added benefit is the potential for some interaction between high levels and lower levels. Gold still remains in play.

Yes, I can now be hauled out to the town square and impaled for heresy.

I suppose it all depends on how NGD views this and if it has any impact on their view of commerce in the game.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
VeterKh
Master

VeterKh is an unknown quantity at this point

if magna weapons don't be changed ... no sense
Old 11-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Elarinya
Pledge

Elarinya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
I have no problem with it becoming a trade item again.
However, I have always had concerns about it becoming the de-facto legal tender again due to the scarcity and value. For this reason it will always be a target of duping exploit attempts.
My feeling has always been and remains that gold should be the legal tender of the game.

There may be a roundabout yet very controversial way around all that. Make magnanite ore tradable but unstashable. Cap magnanite holding on character to 500. Ingots can be formed with 400 magnanites. Yes, I am suggesting that current magnanite weapons cost less. Once magnanites are converted to ingots they instantly go to your stash. Ingots cannot be traded.
Liquidate magnanite scarcity by adding a few sub level 30 quests that pay out in magnanites/XP.
Offer Dragon wish that allows players to convert quartz and amber rocks to magnanites for a gold fee. This fee shall not exceed 5000 gold per stone. This will set a psychological market price.
Offer level capped quest (35 maybe? ) "refining". Collect XX rocks which can then be converted to 1 magnanite. Quest pays gold and is repeatable up to 5 times daily. I see no issue fostering trading with lower level 'partners' inner realm even if that trade is in gear.

Magna trades for gear still go on but there is no runaway inflation and the market stabilizes quickly. The added benefit is the potential for some interaction between high levels and lower levels. Gold still remains in play.

Yes, I can now be hauled out to the town square and impaled for heresy.

I suppose it all depends on how NGD views this and if it has any impact on their view of commerce in the game.
Hear hear !!! Do we actually see someone who is using brains here ??
Grats m8 for great idea !
Elarinya no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
VeterKh
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarinya View Post
i have trouble with this... couse my native lang not English
and no sens collected magnas when your char around 60 lvl magnas weapon sucks
my position: NGD have lucky box, and don't have money... WM's update it confirms

Last edited by VeterKh; 11-15-2011 at 01:41 PM.
VeterKh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

I am not sure if I got you right. You say NGD put out lucky boxes but made no money on that and the putting out of WM update to make money proves this? I don't think I got you correct so I can't comment.

Anyway , they said they have no weapons on AMUN, they never said they were not thinking of it. Some new ones could show up at any time. 15 ingot cost maybe? I did base my thoughts on the idea that new magnanite items may enter the game at some point. If quartz and amber ones came in the problem would be the same or even worse as those ores are even more rare.
In any case, if they do bring in new magna weapons for level 60 and devalue the level 50 (45?) ones the core issue remains. The ore is rare, it will be hoarded and will be the target of duping schemes.

Even if my suggestion backfires, and I see a couple ways it can, there must be some mechanism to make gold the 'easier' and more efficient way to trade while magna remains in the trade channels.
Choke Magna inflation enough so that players without cash don't have to become magna mining whores just to be able to buy mediocre epic/ magic gear at gouged rates.
Don't stop magna trades, just make it less user friendly and less lucrative to do so. It won't hurt lucky box sales as there are always stuff in that channel that will be superior to the boss/magnanite items.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
VeterKh
Master

2 bois
you got me right...

And only you on forum have magnificent ideas... whence you take all it?
These are your dreams or to you merge some information?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
EMIN
Initiate

EMIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarinya View Post
Grats m8 for great idea !
yeah rly nice idea Bois!!
EMIN no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
magnas, tradable