Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-17-2014, 02:44 AM   #51
Ulti19
Master

Ulti19 will become famous soon enough

Wow, i'm really happy Adrian you're doing this!
I have played ro for almost 5 years even though I barely play anymore since last year just because the game has lost it's appeal to me since I have been playing for so long. I myself found the love in this game in it's fort wars mechanics and simply having fun warring/invasions too. It is a good thing I think you don't focus on the items atm. You should focus on this games main strength, which is the best rvr experience any game has to offer, trust me.

Jewelry makes almost 0 difference in wars, only die hard pvp players care, because it changes numbers from 120 to 160 for example making ppl cry about losing due to bad equipment. But in the end it is still possible to kill the player with better equipment than you even if most won't admit it.

Good job on focusing on the fundamental, making wars fun! I remember when I had to defend the gate for the very first time so long ago, without the dragons or anything, it was the coolest thing to me. Don't try to make too much new content, polish your current content, and then give us content that coincides with what this games player base would love. Look at COR expansion, we can't even log into tdm, don't focus on that, heck remove it and go back to the basics
Good luck
Old 05-17-2014, 05:13 AM   #52
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Aside from other posts here & on GS Forums, this 2-part thread is my '2-cent's-worth' contribution (assuming it's worth even THAT much; the oh-so-'friendly' NGD Forum's peanut gallery seemed to think that it wasn't ... oh, well):

http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...d.php?t=101947

http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...d.php?t=101948

As you very rightly said, Adrian, there are indeed many threads & posts concerning bugs & balance on these forums. Hope you guys find time to digest them all. Take them with a little or alot of salt as necessary; some are far more useful & objective in assessment, & some are far less so.

P.S.: Ulti's right, it's all about JUST the RvR. Build it & they will come; build it right & they will stay.
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #53
NotScias
Baron

NotScias will become famous soon enough

NGD's redemption attempt episode #4 ?

Not to be overly pessimistic but what differs from the 3 (as far as I can remember) previous times you stated the same promises while never fulfilling them just in order to calm the community down for a few months ?

For me it just sounds like political lies again. Stop talking and act already if you are really sincere about that.

The other realm awaits...
Now playing much better games
NotScias no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #54
Dupa_z_Zasady
Banned

Dupa_z_Zasady is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining-Scias View Post
For me it just sounds like political lies again.
Political lies are different. It would be like: "we promise to fix all bugs and give everybody 1000 free xim". Then they'd give everybody 1000 xim and claim that they fulfilled half of their promises.
Dupa_z_Zasady no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #55
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

I probably have no right to post here, given how I've treated the game in recent times. However, this post suprised me, and there are a few things that I want so say about it.

First: The admission that something was wrong. This is a huge step forward.

In the early days, when the game first launched, we used to hang out with the developers all of the time. We would hunt with them, chat with them - everything was lighthearted and treated with humor. Nobody cared that you were somos pocos, they only cared that you were doing your best.

So what happened?

Well, over time it seems like the developers got kind of strange. Slowly over the years you guys started to get overwhelmed by everything and pull back further and further from the community. What was once weekly hunts with the devs turned into "Did you see Surak sometime this year?". Forums became barren, and many times it was liket he game had been forgotten.

Even worse than this, it seems like sometimes the developers blamed the community for some things. I know we've had some trolls, and some of us didn't always behave the best, but over time ther were more and more incidents where it seems like the devs were way too high strung and lashing out at people for no reason at all. This wasn't just on the forums; it happened in PM, and in-game too.

At some point, we - the fans, the players - stopped being your friends and just became customers. Customers who annoyed you. Of course, this happens to all companies, so it is understandable.

I hope that in the coming year you can rebuild this bridge that was burned a long time ago.

Good luck.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #56
clavinfay2010
Pledge

clavinfay2010 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsuni View Post
Well, over time it seems like the developers got kind of strange. Slowly over the years you guys started to get overwhelmed by everything and pull back further and further from the community. What was once weekly hunts with the devs turned into "Did you see Surak sometime this year?". Forums became barren, and many times it was liket he game had been forgotten.

Even worse than this, it seems like sometimes the developers blamed the community for some things. I know we've had some trolls, and some of us didn't always behave the best, but over time ther were more and more incidents where it seems like the devs were way too high strung and lashing out at people for no reason at all. This wasn't just on the forums; it happened in PM, and in-game too.

At some point, we - the fans, the players - stopped being your friends and just became customers. Customers who annoyed you. Of course, this happens to all companies, so it is understandable.
+1 to this thread, that's a summon of current relationship between NDG and most senior players. I have no interest of starting a blaming thread, justing in hoping NGD will not let our players down, and keep the promise for once.

Zerg makes ppl stupid
clavinfay2010 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #57
leafdale
Apprentice

leafdale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavinfay2010 View Post
+1 to this thread, that's a summon of current relationship between NDG and most senior players. I have no interest of starting a blaming thread, justing in hoping NGD will not let our players down, and keep the promise for once.

well i think we should be patient. it's really haard to decide what to improve and then to actually imoprove it. i think what is more important is that everyone just have a good time enjoying what we have, and chatting and discussing about what we all like.

then slowly, over time, it should be easier for adrian and every1 to move slowly towards developing stuff.

just becausse its really hard to please everybody and to keep enthusiasm up too.
leafdale no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, events, gms, invasions, roadmap