Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 08-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #11
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road

Unlike most, I take him at his word. NGD has long had it in for warlocks & this has obviously been the case since after 1.6.1 (WM offensive banners anyone?! But hey, those got removed right? Only after 2 solid years of complete disgust & non-stop complaints & GameSamba relentlessly riding NGD hard over it.) This additional marginalization is just more of the same.

Hephae won't come back in any real substantive sense to stay & play until NGD does a 180 & makes the warlock class more relevant in RvR again imho (He's hardly the first, just the latest lock-legend to 'recognize' & vacate a game which hates his class over the past 4 years).

Hephae's being 'graceful-in-defeat' & overly generous in saying, "A new era is coming and you will be faced with more challenges and undesirable changes, and I simply no longer have the time and energy to commit into developing a new warlock system again."

Truth is: a new era IS coming (the same old plan*), but there's really NO truly-effective "new warlock system" in it at all (unless playing totally marginalized cannon-fodder-support is a system?) & that's exactly why he's leaving. I really can't & don't blame him either....

Fare thee well, HII (& enjoy those Playboy Bunnies & your mansion, 'Heph', heehee)....

*NGD has explicitly said in the past that their 'vision' & ongoing intentions are that RO (now CoR) be a game of mostly barbs, some knights, marks & conjs & only few hunters & locks. Does it seem like this part of the so-called "new path" looks exactly like the old one?
Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #12
Wi3ld
Master

Wi3ld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
*NGD has explicitly said in the past that their 'vision' & ongoing intentions are that RO (now CoR) be a game of mostly barbs, some knights, marks & conjs & only few hunters & locks. Does it seem like this part of the so-called "new path" looks exactly like the old one?
That's going to be difficult when they nerfed the hell out of barbs defence and gave knights a huge boost. I'll be playing Knight and marks from now on, that's for sure.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #13
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
That's going to be difficult when they nerfed the hell out of barbs defence and gave knights a huge boost. I'll be playing Knight and marks from now on, that's for sure.
Not to derail topic, but in full-on, large-scale RvR, the unparalleled dps of barbs, supported mostly by conjs & knights too ofc, will still usually be the overriding determining factor that will define the margin of victory. Barbs' defence in RvR is augmented greatly by conj & knight buffs/auras, so the defensive loss will, on-the-main, mostly affect only unsupported PvP performance. FYI: I couldn't find the exact NGD quote so I paraphrased above. Tbh, I think it actually was "mostly warriors, some conjs & marks, with only few hunters & warlocks", but 'nuff said (hey, u got bossy ammy &/or rings for that marks btw?).

"Kiss a Bunny for me, 'Heph', & make it a wet 'un."

/me waves buhbye...

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #14
Dumberest
Master

Dumberest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi3ld View Post
yeah the game will become knights of regnum,the motto will be "take 45 minutes to kill a zerg of 10(knights)"

your not the first barb ive heard say this and you wont be the last..this update has the potential to kill the game if everyone starts playing knight.which it appears they plan to do
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #15
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

Dont give up Brah .

Surrender is for weaks

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote