Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 03-05-2015, 01:47 AM   #1
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road
Default Road Map 2015 March - June

Hey,

Frosk this is pretty much directly targeted at you, sorry! (I assume you're still community manager?)

So I've been too busy to play Regnum recently, and I've not had a chance to look in on the forums... until now.

Could we get a road map for the next few months please. Maybe even a method by which we can vote on what tasks are prioritised? For example I know the subject of TDM either enthrals or enrages most players, I'm just not sure if it's 50/50 or if there's a big sway one way or another. Simply looking at the responses of threads titled "Bring back TDM" and the like probably isn't going to get you a great sample of the player base. The forum has the capacity for voting, so use it!

Also for the broader strokes of development I have a humble suggestion: limited time only aspects of the game should be limited to cosmetics - clothing, mounts, hats etc.. Anything that gives one player a benefit that future players can in no way attain alienates the future players which would lower player retention. A good example of this is the little tigers and goblins running around that map. You can't take back the items you've already sold, so make them constantly available (although there's an issue with pay-to-win here!)

Finally sit down and look the way the game works, see what you think can be improved - not added. I'm still trying to work out what useful experience I gain by riding all over the map delivering letters; whatever the experience is it's clearly important as this is the most time efficient way to level.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
TurboLover
Apprentice

TurboLover is on a distinguished road

The vague roadmap is published.
NGD must either publish the client source or fix all the bugs themselves.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Zarakaye
Apprentice

Zarakaye is on a distinguished road

really the client will be open source?
Zarakaye no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Out of all the stuff on that list, I was most happy to see RNG, and quite early too. If that gets fixed, I will be the happiest guy on earth. Yes, I have small dreams.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLover View Post
The vague roadmap is published.
NGD must either publish the client source or fix all the bugs themselves.
RO is a massive code base with little contributors - I've seen the version control diagrams surak posted using gource (which were awesome by the way). This is as close to the source as you're going to get. But it does show they actively work on it, and that a lot of the older developers who created the base functionality have since left. I've worked in similar scenarios and it's hard to pick up where people have left off on such large, complex projects. You have to remember, they aren't a huge company like Blizzard, so they aren't going to have all the same resources available. NGD still made a better game IMO, even with its flaws.

Anyway, if that RNG gets severely fixed, I imagine a lot of people would be happy.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartpancakes View Post
Out of all the stuff on that list, I was most happy to see RNG, and quite early too.
100% agreed. I don't even care much about the other fixes, just fix the damn RNG!

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote