Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 11-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road
Default Few words on crafting

First of all, thank you NGD for putting so much effort in this new and pretty complex feature.

Generally, I like it. Crafting gives whole new dimension to the game. Everyone will have something to do when nothing else is happening. But, I'm affraid this will kill war activity. There was like 30 people standing around craftmasters last night while war zone was completely quiet. Maybe when users reach higher crafting levels, with crafting items taking much longer to craft than few minutes, maybe then users will join the war while crafting is happening in background.

Interface needs some polishing, but those are minor things.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #2
Tenel_Ka
Initiate

Tenel_Ka is on a distinguished road

I too appreciate the effort NGD put into creating crafting, and I do like the feature overall.

However, I do have some doubts about a few of the design choices made when implementing crafting:

Weapons Stats
- The stats on level 1-40 weapons are rather tame. They aren't good enough to bother finding resources, buying a recipe and paying for crafting. Right now, there's no reason to create weapons other than to level up crafting. Will the stats of high level weapons be improved, or will crafting just be a skill people level up for the sole purpose of making boss weapons?

Success Chance
- Is there any reason for this chance to be less than 100%? I only see it serving as a way to frustrate players, with no positive effects. It's disappointing that the creation of boss weapons could be left to chance, when the entire point of being able to craft them (at least to me) was to avoid the random drop chance of the original system.

War Activity - As Slarti said, crafting impacts war activity. Although it's common in other MMOs to have peaceful alternatives to fighting, Regnum doesn't really have the population to support such features. It'd be nice if earning high level crafting resources could be linked to war some way, like taking them from resource crates that randomly spawn inside enemy forts.

E V E R L A S T I N G
Adrestia ~ Kellie ~ Deionarra
Tenel_Ka no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #3
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Thank you! And this is just beginning.

Bear in mind that everyone is doing what was intended to be done in lower levels and in several days. They are doing it now all of the sudden.

In a few days it will normalize but then with next week's content there will be again a bit of displacement from war but it will normalize again.

This was expected, so don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenel_Ka View Post
Weapons Stats - The stats on level 1-40 weapons are rather tame. They aren't good enough to bother finding resources, buying a recipe and paying for crafting. Right now, there's no reason to create weapons other than to level up crafting. Will the stats of high level weapons be improved, or will crafting just be a skill people level up for the sole purpose of making boss weapons?
They will get better as soon as you go further. Somehow like you said, at the beginning we don't want to "disturb" the progression of Crafting having off-balanced items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenel_Ka View Post
Success Chance - Is there any reason for this chance to be less than 100%? I only see it serving as a way to frustrate players, with no positive effects. It's disappointing that the creation of boss weapons could be left to chance, when the entire point of being able to craft them (at least to me) was to avoid the random drop chance of the original system.

War Activity - As Slarti said, crafting impacts war activity. Although it's common in other MMOs to have peaceful alternatives to fighting, Regnum doesn't really have the population to support such features. It'd be nice if earning high level crafting resources could be linked to war some way, like taking them from resource crates that randomly spawn inside enemy forts.
These two are linked. Success Chance will be no problem for people that go to war. Items bought with WMC will prevent SC to affect their crafts. And also materials needed for some of the best recipes. Just give it time.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Thank you! And this is just beginning.

Bear in mind that everyone is doing what was intended to be done in lower levels and in several days. They are doing it now all of the sudden.

In a few days it will normalize but then with next week's content there will be again a bit of displacement from war but it will normalize again.

This was expected, so don't worry.

They will get better as soon as you go further. Somehow like you said, at the beginning we don't want to "disturb" the progression of Crafting having off-balanced items.

These two are linked. Success Chance will be no problem for people that go to war. Items bought with WMC will prevent SC to affect their crafts. And also materials needed for some of the best recipes. Just give it time.
Will there be another item for success chance? With the amber, dragon weapons got a 85% chance. I don't think anything but 100% is acceptable for dragon weapons even if it would cost a lot of wmc.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Skjringsaal
Duke

Skjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura about

You should be able to stack many Amber rocks.

Signature by Alextrix.
Skjringsaal no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:07 AM   #6
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Will there be another item for success chance? With the amber, dragon weapons got a 85% chance. I don't think anything but 100% is acceptable for dragon weapons even if it would cost a lot of wmc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjringsaal View Post
You should be able to stack many Amber rocks.
Missed me?

You already are. Just buy another amber and you will get another +10% ^^
They stack, so for 15k WMC you will have 100% chance of crafting a dragon weapon.

Do you even play the game?
Keep on experimenting!!
Old 12-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #7
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

I just noticed, finishing a Silver ingot for xim reads the cost of 25 on the button. It deduced 279 ximering though!

(I got it back from the bug i guess, but in case you later deduct those - shouldnt remove more then it reads..)