Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Technical Support

Technical Support Questions about game technical support to the users of the community

Old 02-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #1
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road
Default Downloading the game - Download randomly stopping?

I just wanted to redownload the game since I had some weird errors that other players didn't seem to have and I noticed some strange things while redownloading.

Installation and Login worked fine but when I hit the "LOGIN" button the green download bar randomly stopped 3 or three times at like 7046 / 20128 KB, 8058 / 20128 and 12395/ 20128 KB.

For a new player this alone could be very irritating but I knew what I had to do and restarted the Launcer again and again until I got into the game.

I enabled the "Update all new resources at once" option in the Options menue of the launcer since I thought, that I would like to have all resources before I run through any walls or the likes

I am currently stuck in the character selection screen at 20% of the resources downloaded. The odd thing is that it only shows downloading 2 KB/s at the most wich seems to be very slow since my internet is faster than that. Also I have to relogg every 10mins because the download-rate display disappears after that time and then never reappears until I restart.
When I press the "Play" button in the character selection it goes to the loading screen and timeouts me there after 15mins (probably because "afk")

The same problem with the update in the Launcer by the way. It should not take 10mins for me to download 17MB. Is this an issue with NGD's servers?

Last edited by Artemo; 02-01-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Artemo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

I've never been able to reproduce this. It happens sometimes to some users and I'm sure it is related to their connections, as many have it solved without any intervention from us.

The only time it happened to me, we realised someone was draining the internet connection with torrent.

Does this keep on happening to you?
Old 02-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Artemo
Initiate

Artemo is on a distinguished road

It has happened to me many times over the years.
When there were big patches or I had to reinstall regnum.
I tried to reproduce it today by switching between experimental and normal client, that sometimes lead to the same error too, but now it works fine of course And I didn't want to reinstall the game again just to test this...
Maybe the german launcher is the problem?
Or maybe the internet provider?
I assure you there is nobody stealing my internet, YT videos work fine on 1080p while the Launcher is downloading 20000KB for 10mins. And even when I turn them off it doesn't go any faster.

I have also disabled the "Update all new resources at once" option now, still can't see some enemys though... will have to hope that regnum decides to load them in sometime.

Last edited by Artemo; 02-07-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Artemo no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemo View Post
It has happened to me many times over the years.
When there were big patches or I had to reinstall regnum.
I tried to reproduce it today by switching between experimental and normal client, that sometimes lead to the same error too, but now it works fine of course And I didn't want to reinstall the game again just to test this...
Maybe the german launcher is the problem?
Or maybe the internet provider?
I assure you there is nobody stealing my internet, YT videos work fine on 1080p while the Launcher is downloading 20000KB for 10mins. And even when I turn them off it doesn't go any faster.

I have also disabled the "Update all new resources at once" option now, still can't see some enemys though... will have to hope that regnum decides to load them in sometime.
Right now we can't test this further, but we will find some time and maybe with your help given that it happens to you often!