Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #31
Skjringsaal
Duke

Skjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura aboutSkjringsaal has a spectacular aura about

It would not be easy to keep the heir up to date in terms of who logs in enough to keep the clan alive and with the same ways of the current leader. Maybe some web based tool for transmiting the clan leadership from the MyAccount system at cor.com without the need to enter the game.

The problem with this kind of transmission is that the leader created the clan to impress his style of group. And the feature of assign a new leader should be an option because the group is his. And will only remain being governed by a group meanwhile he wants and not trough ingame structures. So just in case he wants, and if he is eterely sure of giving up with the founder title, the rest of the clan should be given to someone else, because there is a group of people who probably doesn't log in in that moment of need of a new leader, and they may not to want to be in a clan changed by the new imprint of the new leader.

In case someone doesn't continue and refuse to keep the clan alive with more interest that just changing permissions, the part of the clan that consider it a need, should found a new team.

I would not like to see clans as PLC INC organizations.

Signature by Alextrix.
Skjringsaal no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #32
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjringsaal View Post
It would not be easy to keep the heir up to date in terms of who logs in enough to keep the clan alive and with the same ways of the current leader. Maybe some web based tool for transmiting the clan leadership from the MyAccount system at cor.com without the need to enter the game.

The problem with this kind of transmission is that the leader created the clan to impress his style of group. And the feature of assign a new leader should be an option because the group is his. And will only remain being governed by a group meanwhile he wants and not trough ingame structures. So just in case he wants, and if he is eterely sure of giving up with the founder title, the rest of the clan should be given to someone else, because there is a group of people who probably doesn't log in in that moment of need of a new leader, and they may not to want to be in a clan changed by the new imprint of the new leader.

In case someone doesn't continue and refuse to keep the clan alive with more interest that just changing permissions, the part of the clan that consider it a need, should found a new team.

I would not like to see clans as PLC INC organizations.
I disagree. I think it's quite easy in fact to designate a successor, pass on the mantle-of-leadership, & as it is strictly a matter of choice, also quite likely to keep the clan alive & not change anything of import within the clan other than the current founder, just as long as the original chooses that heir well.

Saying those who remain should just make another clan is no solution, as that is the problem that my suggestion is trying to fix. If actives leave, such creates a 'dying/dead' clan, a clan that still has members however, 'lost sheep' who return days, weeks, months later & then sadly ask, "Where's my clan, dude?".

The best overall solution to this may also include having Duke-rank members to possess full founder privileges & access to the founder-interface. The Founder & Dukes could then promote actives in the clan as needed to keep it rolling along. This approach extends the life of a clan potentially in perpetuity....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread