Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #11
Lebeau
Banned

Location: 'B-F-Egypt', Virginia, U.S.A. (please pity & forgive us poor american fools!).
Lebeau is on a distinguished road
Wink

Syrtis is a zerg-or-no-play realm in Haven, & sorry, it's just how it is & has been for years. As to the future, only NGD & Haven-Gelfs can telll....

Buck up, you Gelfs! Because, I honestly am looking forward to a merged Horus + Valhalla, & I truly do hope it's the Haven-answer for now.....

Lebeau no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #12
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythox View Post
Faking something nice. Cool guy
https://imgur.com/a/101T1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
Syrtis is a zerg-or-no-play realm in Haven, & sorry, it's just how it is & has been for years. As to the future, only NGD & Haven-Gelfs can telll....
When are the school holidays so syrtis can start zerging with the 20 kids + 20 alsius who move back there for a few weeks?

I for one, can't wait.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:17 PM   #13
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgscgscg View Post
Weird shit �� makes me Think.

Quote:
Anyways I am glad that I still got some haters, would be boring without them. Anyways did you hear something about jokes? Well you want try to bann me then do it. Must hurt the feeling when other players got all.

-

I am right now in Syrtis Haven online 46mins already. I logged then started the Alsius Invasion on Syrtis. I was trying to defend the Realm we were total 3 Syrtians vs 20 from Alsius. Now my question: How to enjoy this server? I'm just asking because I would like to know it and try it out. I mean an Gate fight can be fun if we would have equal numbers. Maybe I didn't see our numbers in the zerg of Alsius. Maybe is my Friends list bugged. I dont know anyone can help? I feel kinda miss understanded here. Wasting years in the chars and can't enjoy game.

Quote:

I posted in the fb group that I deleted my Conju where is the screen guy. Since I got a stalker and who makes from jokes serious things and why did you cut Drago I from the picture we made some nice jokes and you dont share them? It was a way fun. Ok Fanboy what char should I create?

Last edited by Leily; 03-20-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: 4to1
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:59 AM   #14
TheBarbarianAlsius
Baron

TheBarbarianAlsius is on a distinguished road

4 Replys intead of just editing first one

Skallagrimr
TheBarbarianAlsius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #15
EverlastingWind
Banned

EverlastingWind is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am right now in Syrtis Haven online 46mins already. I logged then started the Alsius Invasion on Syrtis. I was trying to defend the Realm we were total 3 Syrtians vs 20 from Alsius. Now my question: How to enjoy this server? I'm just asking because I would like to know it and try it out. I mean an Gate fight can be fun if we would have equal numbers. Maybe I didn't see our numbers in the zerg of Alsius. Maybe is my Friends list bugged. I dont know anyone can help? I feel kinda miss understanded here. Wasting years in the chars and can't enjoy game.
You do understand that your own actions made me no longer want to play in Syrtis.
I have no problem to say why.
Some months ago you gifted me (you clearly said the items are mine so it was NOT a loan) some marks items (someone told me that you will ask for your gift back and she was right), I was only using the bp and the mana regen gaunts (the mana regen gaunts had no real impact, it was something like +1,5 mana regen/sec something that I don't really see).
The reason I put an enh on that bp is because I don't really expect someone to ask back his gift. You asked for your gift back saying something that sounded like I didn't deserved it. After you offered a solution that I found acceptable for the enh you got all your stuff back (well it was 2 trades because I couldn't take all the stuff from stash and the first trade was before you came up with the solution for the enh on the bp), I could had easily said no. Due to your request to give you back the gift I decided that it's also fair to ask back for the greater gems I gifted you (silly greater gems but it doesn't matter).

Before you did that Syrtis was the favorite to win for the realm where I will play (after the break I decided to look around in all 3 realms and it was between Syrtis and Alsius), Syrtis was slowly but surely winning.
The side effect of the situation that you generated is that Syrtis ended up on 3rd place with no chance to win. I already knew that I won't enjoy the Syrtis chat, I already knew that trading in Syrtis is basicaly impossible (sick prices up to 3-5 times more than in other realms) and I'm known for not using items that are not mine. Knowing that and the fact that well I will have to trade (as if that is actually possible in Syrtis...) for a proper bp just made me pick the other option...

In place of writing on this forum that Syrtis doesn't have players maybe you should look at how you made a player pick another realm over Syrtis.

I have nothing with you. I just try to make you understand that some of your own actions can make other players no longer want to play in Syrtis.
But I do have a question: What type of human ask for his gift back?!?

Also I don't get why Syrtis is keep saying that you have high prices. They often ask considerable higher prices compared to you...

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-20-2018 at 11:17 AM.
EverlastingWind no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #16
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Adrian might not have interest in reading drama between players going on here, nor it gives any valuable feedback on the game mechanics.

I feel sorry for him, that he has to dig through this posts of "my items blah blah blah", "my realm blah blah blah".

How about
  1. Instances that need to be captured for certain amount of time to be able to enter. Each instance would resemble environment of location and drops specific to that location.
  2. Only party of 4 players would be allowed to enter, but multiple times during the day as long as one realm keeps the instance for certain amount of time.
  3. Instance map would consist of 4 parts sampled from ~10 parts, Each having own challenges. So every entry to the instance would give randomly generated map and XP/gold/materials for advancing in it.
  4. Each instance submodule would require different class skills to solve the puzzle. For example hunter to disable trap. Barbarian to move the stone with strenght. Knight to move across fire...etc
  5. After surviving and solving puzzles boss which would reward each participant with random loot, but all participants would get something
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #17
EverlastingWind
Banned

Quote:
How to enjoy this server? I'm just asking because I would like to know it and try it out.
You had Ignis and Alsius accounts. You could for example play in one of the other 2 realms. "if you can't beat them, join them"
Might be a bit more complicated because well you're famous even in RA.

Alternative in case you no longer have accounts in other realms. (What you did with them?!?)
You learn guerrilla warfare. Melee doesn't really work well, maybe in Alsius warzone you can do something due to trees but in Syrtis (except around wall) and Ignis warzone it won't work that well. You will have to play a ranged class: warlock (you have the areas to deal with a zerg if you cast them properly, but you are paper), warju (you can tank, you have self sustain, you do decent amount of damage with the staff but it's single target), marks (you had a mag lb, boss jewels including here vesper amulet you supposed to nuke most of the enemy archers) or hunter (the class that supposed to do it on its own, but you need to understand that without a pet your damage is by far the lowest of all 4 and the pet won't do much in fort fights, still with full boss jewels you supposed to dismount and kill any conj/archer, boss jewels will do considerable more damage than I do with my wm jewels (I don't have any boss damage jewels, I know there are rumors that I have but those rumors are wrong)).

You have to understand that there are big differences between barb/knight and marks/hunter. Usually barb main players are overaggressive when playing marks/hunter. You just need to be a bit less aggressive and understand the amount of damage that you do.
Yes I told you to only play barb/knight because you were constantly underperforming for the marks/hunter gear that you were using. As marks/hunter you need to be a bit less aggressive and well a bit less confident on your damage/tanking abilities compared to barb/knight. With practice you will figure out the right balance for you.
I have that boring safe playstyle from other games and it won't really change because I still play 2 of them and I actually have to play safe there else I die and my team will have problems. I want to say that in my case it's not the right balance for my gear, I supposed to be more aggressive, but I lack the aggresivity...

Also you can ask the best active Syrtis hunter how he rambo killed me when i was between 8 Alsius with 3+ clearly seeing what is happening. If he can do that without being full boss jewels why you shouldn't be capable with full boss jewels?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
I feel sorry for him, that he has to dig through this posts of "my items blah blah blah", "my realm blah blah blah".
Well it's not me who started this topic. Beeing the only archer that does some damage in a realm with low population makes me a practice target for the enemy archers. To not die in 3 seconds (to be read before a conj will even have the chance to react, take into consideration here that in Haven you won't really see the conjs using ls on an archer, in some cases the conjs don't even bother to bless/bless wep the archers...) I need gear and finding gear in a realm with low population is almost impossible (from 50 x 6h drop gems I'm end up using only the arrows so clearly dropping something is not a solution).

If you use gear you get used with that gear, you will end up knowing what you can do with that gear and what you can't. If you got used with that gear and it's not yours and the one that is the owner of the gear ask for it back you will have a problems because you end up using gear that you are not used with and your gaming experience will suffer. This is the main reason I don't use gear that is not mine. I have issues when I have to use less good gear, no issues if the gear is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
Adrian might not have interest in reading drama between players going on here
In the last 2-3 years Syrtis has been the drama realm. You want to see drama you log Syrtis.
If you don't want to deal with drama you basicaly have to not play in Syrtis in Haven...

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-20-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #18
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingWind View Post
Well it's not me who started this topic.
but it's you who keeps spamming walls of texts everywhere. Please consider publishing your own newspaper instead.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 AM   #19
EverlastingWind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
but it's you who keeps spamming walls of texts everywhere. Please consider publishing your own newspaper instead.
Taking into consideration how many posts I have on this forum and the date when I joined this forum it's a bit hard to be that case.
In vBulletin you can set the Maximum Characters per Post. I never hit that limit in my posts.
Sometimes things can't really be wrote in less words. Also nobody forces you or someone else to read my posts, you can easily use the ignore function provided by this forum to not see what I wrote.
10 years ago the suggestion with the newspaper would had been a good one, but it's been a couple of years since newspapers don't really sell.

Don't get me wrong but he complains about Syrtis having a low population but he is responsible for the departure of some players from Syrtis.
He also reported and got banned (for a couple of days) a player that was actually a "realm builder" (and there aren't many active "realm builders" left in Haven). It just happen that it was my friend that he got banned. Do you think I was happy about this situation? Do you think I was happy to see the rest of Syrtis acting awfull with my friend after the ban expired?!? It's sad to see how the players that were helped by my friend started to act awfull with my friend, that tells a lot about what type of humans they are...
Taking into consideration his own actions this topic makes no sense at all for me. He did things that made some players leave Syrtis and then he complains about not having the numbers in Syrtis to fight the enemies...

I understand that the average human doesn't really see his own mistakes. It happy applies for me also. That's exactly why I pointed to his own actions that crippled Syrtis.
The examples were needed, just saying it's your fault won't help at all because it doesn't explain what others might think it's wrong.

And yes in the last 2-3 years Syrtis is the drama realm. In place of working together they are busy insulting and flaming each other, reporting and geting each other banned, sharing accounts and items (resulting in more problems), complaining about everything and not really defending/fighting despite having the numbers to defend/fight, selling items at higher prices than any other realm, not really showing much interest in helping new players, blaming NGD for things that are not NGD fault, taking on players from other realms that log in Syrtis to help them defend. In those conditions how they can expect to actually have the numbers?!?
They've done almost everything possible to make their own realm empty...

Last edited by EverlastingWind; 03-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #20
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
Don't reply to him, he'll just respond with another wall of text.