Go Back   Champions of Regnum > Testing server (Amun) > Old versions

Old versions Archived posts from old versions.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
magnet
Count

magnet is on a distinguished road
Default Bug with skills cancelation!!!!! *Urgent*

Hey,

I was testing some stuff on experimental, and there is a new bug, extremely bad imho, that's lying around. Good luck finding it, I'll post the screenshots (self explanatory I guess).

So here's the pitch: spells being cast aren't always canceled when you cast a spell which should -- beetle swarm or silence. Sometimes they are. Very weird but it never happens afaik on official.

See screenshots attached.

This has the potential to ruin the gameplay so good luck testing it, but please solve the bug before patching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg bug1.jpeg (36.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpeg bug2.jpeg (39.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
arlick
Duke

arlick is a jewel in the rougharlick is a jewel in the rougharlick is a jewel in the rough

Lo hemos probado thanus y yo en el experimental y no ha habido ningún problema. Las skills se cancelaban.

PD: perdón por no contestarte en inglés, pero tu español es mejor que mi inglés D
Old 05-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
magnet
Count

Then how could this happen?
As I stated, in some case, they canceled (knock downs, meteors canceled), and in other cases, it didn't work. There is a random element to it. Look at the screenshot with Beetle Swarm, I got meteor'ed *while* Beetle Swarm was active. There was no use of Dispel.

This, or the log is bugged(?).

PS: You can reply in Spanish for all I care
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
arlick
Duke

arlick is a jewel in the rougharlick is a jewel in the rougharlick is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet
Then how could this happen?
As I stated, in some case, they canceled (knock downs, meteors canceled), and in other cases, it didn't work. There is a random element to it. Look at the screenshot with Beetle Swarm, I got meteor'ed *while* Beetle Swarm was active. There was no use of Dispel.

This, or the log is bugged(?).

PS: You can reply in Spanish for all I care
Lo único que se me ocurre que es terminase de castear tu skill y la de Lord Garvius al mismo tiempo, por lo que al mismo tiempo os afecto. Se ve daño hecho por lighting, es posible que también en el mismo momento coincidiese con el daño.

La forma de probarlo Thanus y yo fue esta:

Elegimos una skill de casteo largo, puño de gollem. El se tiró devoción arcana. Yo, sin devoción arcana, empiezo a castear puño y cuando el lo ve (+- 0.5 seg) casteó silenciar, meteorito o beetle swarm (probado con estas tres) y me cortó el lanzamiento.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
magnet
Count

I'd like to conduct more tests. If you can let's meet up on experimental.

As I said, this was random. You can't determine it is not bugged because it worked 3 or 5 times.. Also, I have other test protocol ideas.

Also, not just being able to reproduce the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The job of Quality Assurance is to look *at the code* to check if nothing was changed in these areas that could cause this behavior.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
magnet
Count

We weren't able to reproduce the bug. I think it might be lurking somewhere, if you experience it in the future please take a screenshot.