Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > Questions to the Community

Questions to the Community Guides and how-to play threads posted by other users

Old 05-25-2008, 03:33 AM   #1
Orlach
Pledge

Orlach is on a distinguished road
Default Simple newbie training question

So I'm a healthy little knight, grinding my way through the levels. As I level, I train.

Question is: Ignoring the abilities I get, does training a skill improve it in any other way? If I have slashing=10, will I hit differently than with slashing=1? Will I block better by increasing my shield skill, or do I just get more castable abilities?

Is there a site anywhere where this effect is explained or can be calculated? (If it exists)

Last edited by gamemod; 05-27-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Orlach no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlach
So I'm a healthy little knight, grinding my way through the levels. As I level, I train.

Question is: Ignoring the abilities I get, does training a skill improve it in any other way? If I have slashing=10, will I hit differently than with slashing=1? Will I block better by increasing my shield skill, or do I just get more castable abilities?

Is there a site anywhere where this effect is explained or can be calculated? (If it exists)
Orlach,

To be brief.. the system is designed so that you cannot keep levelling up a certain dicipline indefinitely.
This is why you reach "roadblocks" and have to level up another dicipline instead.

Furthermore, unless the dicipline contains beneficial passive skills, simply levelling up the dicipline will not offer you any additional bonuses beyond the spells that you get (although even LV1 powers can be quite useful ).

However, once your dicipline reaches a certain level, you may increase the level of individual powers within it:
Dicipline at LV1-10 - Powers at LV1 or LV2
Dicipline at LV11-14 - Powers at LV3
Dicipline at LV15-18 - Powers at LV4
Dicipline at LV19 - Powers at LV5

RegnumZG lists the powers and abilities of all classes, and provides a trainer simulator to help avoid resets.

Regards.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

Short answer: No, training a certain discipline that bears a certain name (for instance slashing weapons) will not give you any bonus on your base attack while using slashing weapons. I kinda had the same question in my first days, must've been the DnD influence.

Long answer & system explanation:

All you get for putting points in disciplines is unlocking new spells (every odd level number unlocks a new spell in that discipline, ie new spells at discipline levels 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19).

To level up each discipline you need discipline points which are awarded to you with each level up.

The spells themselves can be leveled up as well, from level 1-5. Check Katiechan's link for info on the description for each spell of your class per level. Spells get leveled up using power points (different from discipline points) and are also awarded to you as you level up.

There are certain limitations though: Disciplines levels limited according to your level - don't remember the limitations exactly, there was a post about it somewhere. I remember that lvl19 in a discipline is unlocked at lvl37.

It is important however to note this limitation: Spell level is limited by the respective discipline level. Levels 1-10 of a discipline allow for lvl2 spells max. lvl11 and above unlocks lvl3 spells, lvl15 and above unlocks lvl4 spells and lvl19 unlocks lvl5 spells. That means, you cannot have South Cross on 5 if Slashing Weapons is on say 17, even though you can afford it point-wise.

It is common practice to allocate points to a certain discipline to get it to level 19 only to get level 5 in certain skills, even though you might not use the skills unlocked at levels 17 and 19 of that discipline.

There is a command in-game that resets all your disciplines to level 1 and gives you back all your discipline points and power points: /reset_powers. This command is now freely available and can be used as often as you like. You can go back to a trainer and re-allocate discipline and skill points. This command is to be made a non-free item, aquired by either in-game gold or ximerin (which is obtained with RL money). Exact prices for the in-game gold version or the ximerin version are not disclosed yet, but there will be fair warning from the devs well before this is implemented, so feel free to experiment as much as you like for now with all your skills and see what fits you best.

I'd recommend joining a clan and learning about your class - Class Setups are usually a clan's most guarded secret

Careful who you listen to though, you'll find all kinds of people around
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
GIGO305
Banned

GIGO305 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
http://www.regnumzg.com.ar/index.php...iner&Itemid=44

here u go buddy

now from what i under stand increasing a tree of skills such as pearsing weapons my favorite JUST and ONLY gives you more powers. now giving points to a certain skill such as gunting,rip post, and presise block just makes it better and costs more mana maybe even duration increases.

give points to the trees you like most and award points to the skills you use often and find useful. also use that site to plan and look at good skills.
GIGO305 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Orlach
Pledge

Orlach is on a distinguished road

Thanks all. That's exactly what I wanted to know, and exactly opposite of what I would expect, from past history. Guess it pays to ask!

A side-question here: Are the passive skills for certain weapon types (i.e. Blunt weapon level 7 gives "Lethal Anatomy", ==> STR+5) in effect ALL the time, or only when using that weapon type?
Orlach no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
Miraculix
Count

Miraculix will become famous soon enough

All the time. Many(?) archers (*cough* me too *cough*) put points in short bows to get the dexterity passive even though they use long bows as their main weapons.

One more thing that is also worth noting: The level of a spell does not determine anything concerning it's hit chance. That means that a level 5 spell will have the same hit chance as a level 1 spell on the same character.

Spell focus and hit chance is influenced by your base stats (int,dex,str,const,conc) weighted against your target's base stats, in obscure and mostly undisclosed ways.

(okey not entirely true, there's some post explaining stat influences on various things per class but tests have shown these explanations to be more like guidelines rather than rules )
Miraculix no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote