Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

It will get better, I promise.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

You forgot the (tm).
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #13
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdoesrock View Post
You forgot the (tm).
Edited.

No, seriously. It will. Also with a little help from you too

Leave the big issues for the Gameplay Errors, Complaint Book and use General Discussion, The Inn, Images just to talk about the good things in Regnum and how to get them better. It depends on us that the game works fine, but it depends mostly on you that the game issues don't break the realtionship among all of you.

I'd love to see everyone talk about the funny things that happen (don't save them to yourselves... share them!) and don't mix them with the common problems of the game, there are other subforums to do so...

If you once loved this community, for its sake, appreciate the good people that gather here and celebrate the fact that you are here with them. Sometimes it's sad to see how people only login to post negative things, while there are also a lot of good ones to share.

Regards,
Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

I can appreciate that, I really can.

But it's really hard to stay positive when the game at the moment is just... Not fun and frustrating.

There is sooo much server lag. Every few seconds I get a ping spike. People warp all over the place; making it damn well impossible to play. Tonight I got owned over and over by a hunter because I couldn't do shit to him with the lag.

Furthermore, Invasions. Clearly alot of the community hate them. I hate them. It's really changed the game for the worse. Now there is realm hate, flame wars, ego wars, STRESS, and a compulsion to play a certain way at a certain place. Now I'm not saying none of this happened pre-1.0, but it's so much worse. Anyway, I'm sure you can find my feelings on Invasions in another thread.

And then there's NGD, for so long all we've gotten is: It will be great (tm), Just wait and see (tm) One day (tm) Please have patience (tm).

You can't deny we havn't had patience, we suffered through some rough patches, especially since 1.0, with Invasions and these so called "balance" updates. If we could just actually get some damn answers... Like WHEN things might be fixed, WHAT things you are fixing.. Just anything so we know how much longer we have to wait. Currently the only times we hear from NGD is just before, during and just after updates; and with the amount of time between updates... We're left in the dark for a long time.

Well that's my rant. I nearly had my 1st RO /ragequit tonight so.. ^^

P.s. You didn't edit my quote.
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #15
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Quote:
You can't deny we havn't had patience, we suffered through some rough patches, especially since 1.0, with Invasions and these so called "balance" updates. If we could just actually get some damn answers... Like WHEN things might be fixed, WHAT things you are fixing.. Just anything so we know how much longer we have to wait. Currently the only times we hear from NGD is just before, during and just after updates; and with the amount of time between updates... We're left in the dark for a long time.
And we really appreciate the patience you have. That's what keeps us working as much as we can.

Good things are coming for Regnum and we wish we could apply them faster, but at least now we can work on them and hopefully in two or three months Regnum's performance and functionality will be as it should.

Leaving aside the well known problems, my post focused on you, all of the community users. I want you not to mix Regnum issues with your feelings towards other users. You can blame NGD all you want, and we accept our responsibility, but when users include in every thread in this forum every single problem Regnum has even if it's not mentioned in the starting post, they tend to create a bad atmosphere and just check those threads to notice that there's no way back... mostly because they also became some "pissed-off people" lures.

That kind of threads make people forget the good of the game and make new users run like hell (even if the new ones that enter the forum are only a bit). When you enter the section "Gameplay Problems" or "Complaint Book" you expect threads to be like that, but not when entering "General Discussion" or "The Inn", where you expect to see what players are interested in or what's happening with war, etc.

I don't say that you mustn't mention the problems in the game, but not let them become the main story on every existing thread, just for you not to forget about the good things you've found, and for us to have get better feedback (which isn't only about errors, but also of what users are interested in).

Also, I know that the IRC that most of the English community uses decreased a lot the official forum activity, but I can't do a thing about it. It just depends on the whole community to turn the forum into what they really want.

Quote:
P.s. You didn't edit my quote.
Neither I edited my post

Regards,
Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #16
misaccc
Banned

misaccc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailer View Post
Also, I know that the IRC that most of the English community uses decreased a lot the official forum activity, but I can't do a thing about it. It just depends on the whole community to turn the forum into what they really want.

Regards,
I have a better idea, instead of trying to reanimate the rotting corpse called forum, set up an official Regnum IRC channel.
misaccc no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #17
Angel_de_Combate
Banned

Angel_de_Combate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by misaccc View Post
I have a better idea, instead of trying to reanimate the rotting corpse called forum, set up an official Regnum IRC channel.
+1 Red You had a brainwave!
Angel_de_Combate no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
Arafails
Baron

Arafails will become famous soon enough

Bah. You lose so much history in IRC.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #19
Leadoffhitter
Initiate

Leadoffhitter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froste View Post
Blah blah blah, oh I'm so old and decrepit, and things were much better in the past, nevermind all the bad things that happened then, let's just blank those out and pretend only good things ever happened, and every fart smelled of strawberries.

The world is ending the world is ending, run awaaaay! It's the same as it ever was, just on a much larger scale. Live young, be young, don't fall into the trap of becoming old before your time.
Once again...
Leadoffhitter no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

I love you all