Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #41
Pizdzius
Baron

Pizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura aboutPizdzius has a spectacular aura about

I almost never crashed with old client, crashing few times a day with new one :S
(if you wish to contact me on my other realm character: Ignis - Josephine)

Pizdzius no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #42
LoveleHaven
Initiate

LoveleHaven is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizdzius View Post
I almost never crashed with old client, crashing few times a day with new one :S
Same here.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #43
Xypher911
Pledge

Xypher911 is on a distinguished road

So, I've left Regnum for few months now(I bought myself a copy of Guild Wars, so...). I want to know something. About the graphics, is the engine updated to DX10/11 or something else? New shader model? Well, if someone can give me a screenshot of Regnum run in the highest graphics quality would be great.

P.s. I'm taking a break from GW(I'm about to complete the game) that's why I want to check on RO.
Xypher911 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #44
Daeos
Apprentice

Daeos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypher911 View Post
So, I've left Regnum for few months now(I bought myself a copy of Guild Wars, so...). I want to know something. About the graphics, is the engine updated to DX10/11 or something else? New shader model? Well, if someone can give me a screenshot of Regnum run in the highest graphics quality would be great.

P.s. I'm taking a break from GW(I'm about to complete the game) that's why I want to check on RO.
The "engine" is updated, however the models are not. Shader support for Shader Model 2.0 , 3.0 and 4.0 are there but they have not taken full use of its capabilities. So if you are wanting to know if the game has gone an overhaul, only in engine, not yet in assets.

Assets - Models, and Textures
Daeos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #45
Xypher911
Pledge

Xypher911 is on a distinguished road

Ah, thanks for the info. Looking forward to the assets.
Xypher911 no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #46
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeos View Post
The "engine" is updated, however the models are not. Shader support for Shader Model 2.0 , 3.0 and 4.0 are there but they have not taken full use of its capabilities. So if you are wanting to know if the game has gone an overhaul, only in engine, not yet in assets.

Assets - Models, and Textures
that's not correct, many assets such as most trees, rocks and new models of the initiation areas have been replaced or added during the year with this release in mind.

in terms of how much we are using of SM4, there are not many MMORPGs that feature full blown dynamic (even AION or WAR, AAA games are not using them) shadows using shadowmaps or color correction.

of course the new characters will be a big addition but we think that Regnum looks WAY BETTER with all fearures on.

please someone post the latest youtube video of the new technology in action

regards,

Chilko
chilko no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #47
Masterkick
Baron

Masterkick will become famous soon enoughMasterkick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
that's not correct, many assets such as most trees, rocks and new models of the initiation areas have been replaced or added during the year with this release in mind.

in terms of how much we are using of SM4, there are not many MMORPGs that feature full blown dynamic (even AION or WAR, AAA games are not using them) shadows using shadowmaps or color correction.

of course the new characters will be a big addition but we think that Regnum looks WAY BETTER with all fearures on.

regards,

Chilko

Here it is!

Saludos!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #48
Daeos
Apprentice

Daeos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post

regards,

Chilko

I was thinking his question was related to the current update. Which, I have not noticed any asset updates, if this did occur then I appologize for incorrect information. I did not see any difference in model quality from old tech to new tech.
Daeos no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
launch, technology, update, upgrade