Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 05-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #91
Dubhghaill
Pledge

Dubhghaill is on a distinguished road

Cheers Ieti. I will give it a go. Since the low level mana borrow was SO INCREDIBLY TERRIBLE on MoBs I didn't even consider trying level 5 in wz. Plus, I like your point that it won't/can't be dispelled (provided it isn't evaded). I watched the Youtube video of WindsRO and I was impressed at mana burns effectiveness. Human arena guinea pig testing will be underway shortly
Dubhghaill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #92
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Mobs have small mana pool, so it makes borrow very unnefective. On players it is 500 - 600 on archers, warriors and 700 - 1200 on mages. This values are for level 5 of the spell which is 35%. Well if not evaded, resisted, or target got mana.

Mana Burn is a strong DoT and nasty mana drainer. It is more suited on lock maybe. Dunno actually. Used before, but dispell is a good counter to it.

Consider Insightful on level 1. If gives you possibility to recast Devotion before it runs out.

Mana Comm is too low bonus. You can substitute with Synergy Bond level 1 or 2. Here the trick is to watch over target's head. If mana blue numbers pop he needs and receives mana, else you just waste.

Ambitious Sacrifice you can use on 4 - the HP penality is not so bad. Mana income is nearly same. Consider Regenerate Self on some level to quickly parry enemy DoT's and regen from AMB damage.

Mind Push is the only way to stop and slow Madnessed or WM buffed barbarian. Quite risky, but awesome as last hope spell.

Sanctuary is most of the time good on 3, Steel Skin can be on 5. Still here MS is a big problem.

Last edited by ieti; 05-28-2011 at 07:54 AM.
ieti no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #93
Dubhghaill
Pledge

Dubhghaill is on a distinguished road

I never really liked mana communion due to its overall effectiveness as you said, but i always find i run out of mana with synergy bond lvl 2 very quickly. Many people scream for mana, so it was a bit of a trade off for me. I would rather heal them than lose all my mana to give it to my allies and not be able to support due to the cd of ambitious sacrifice. Synergy bond is one of the hardest spells to manage so you don't take yourself out of the battle with over-support. When I use mana communion it is primarily for the archers or anyone else who happens to be standing nearby. Although barbs need mana too, conj's life expectancy is not too good when up the front. I also figure other mages can sort out their own mana issues. But i am all for improving my contributions and i know that synergy bond would help more people than mana communion given specified target, it's range and mana output. (just makes my job harder)

I will remove mana burn and will try energy borrow. I always had Ambitious sacrifice on lvl 5 as I had no other mana income, but with the addition of energy borrow I can drop the pp on ambitious sacrifice. It will probably also give me more mana to spend on synergy bond etc. It will really change the dynamics of how i play.

Due to minor lag issues and being able to quickly select a dead comrade at the gate amongst the many enemies standing on their body bashing on the gate, plus res time, i don't like dropping sanctuary below 4. Maybe with more practice i can drop to 3. People have to stop dying so close to the door.....

Thanks for your input Ieti. Good to see when people try and help and give advice instead of being negative towards setups.
Dubhghaill no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #94
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Glad to help.

Just keep in mind alot ppl get angry from borrow, so you will have alot more blood thirsty lovers wanting to kill you. Half Alsius and Ignis runs after me on sight...

I actually dropped synergy when they increased mana regeneration rate for archers and warriors. Now i got less mana problems unless i have to use all heals and saver on someone. My pool is around 2k mana which is enough.

Actually conju can survive pretty good most of the times. But for tanking setup you need to be 55+ so you make less sacrifices in support.