Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:23 PM   #111
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Great news that Haven is merging into Ra. A few questions/thoughts:

1. If you have more than 6 characters on one account across haven and ra combined then you'll only move characters over 6 if they're over level 50 right? Let's look at that for a second;

Suppose I have 5 characters on Ra and 3 on Haven. On haven I have a level 33, 50 and 60. Couldn't I move the level 33 first, totalling 6 on Ra, then get you to move the other 2 characters (who are over the lvl 50 minimum)? If so, how is that different to moving the level 60 first then having you move the level 50 and the level 33? The end result is the same, but the second case isn't allowed. Change this please.

2. Is heaven actually being closed? I've read that invasions are turned off, so I assumed it's the end of days for haven. So if I've spent Ximerin on a character that's level 5 on haven, but have 6 characters on the same account on Ra, you'd just going to delete the character that I've brought none transferable premium content on? Also seems like a bad idea - if a character has has Ximerin spent on it, allow it to be transferred irrespective of the character count.

3. I actually originated in Horus. When Horus merged with Raven, we became Haven. So now Ra and Haven are merging do we become Raven again?

To support my first 2 points consider that you vowed so strongly, for so many years, that Haven and Ra would never merge. If a player believed you, they may have never considered this issue with too many characters on one account. They may well have started on Haven and moved to Ra because they heard it was better populated. By penalising those who believed your assurance that you would never merge you are simply teaching them that you have very little regard for them.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #112
LadyOfLight
Pledge

LadyOfLight is on a distinguished road
Default Deadline

We were told that "next week" you would evaluate the situation re a date that transfers would no longer be allowed. "Next week" is here, so I was wondering if you have you decided anything yet?

Thank you!
LadyOfLight no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-19-2019, 07:18 AM   #113
alamar777
Apprentice

alamar777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post

3. I actually originated in Horus. When Horus merged with Raven, we became Haven. So now Ra and Haven are merging do we become Raven again?

To support my first 2 points consider that you vowed so strongly, for so many years, that Haven and Ra would never merge. If a player believed you, they may have never considered this issue with too many characters on one account. They may well have started on Haven and moved to Ra because they heard it was better populated. By penalising those who believed your assurance that you would never merge you are simply teaching them that you have very little regard for them.
Maybe u are not able to read, but i will help u

TRANSFER is no MERGE

Definition Transfer: The Player can CHOOSE if he wants to stay or wants to leave.

Definiton Merge: ALL player are transferred to ONE server

and if you could read your 2nd question would be answered in this threat. 1st question is a good one, but if you say "if you use xim with one toon, you have to transfer them", then everybody would buy a color for about 200 xim and you are able to transfer the toon..? senseless

EDIT: Does anyone knows what happens to transferred chars with a different realm? I would like to know how ngd solved that multi realm problem
alamar777 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:04 AM   #114
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Will haven stay open for a bit?

I would like to transfer but might only have time to sort out account stashs at the weekend..
Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #115
Candyx
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamar777 View Post
Maybe u are not able to read, but i will help u

TRANSFER is no MERGE

Definition Transfer: The Player can CHOOSE if he wants to stay or wants to leave.

Definiton Merge: ALL player are transferred to ONE server

and if you could read your 2nd question would be answered in this threat. 1st question is a good one, but if you say "if you use xim with one toon, you have to transfer them", then everybody would buy a color for about 200 xim and you are able to transfer the toon..? senseless

EDIT: Does anyone knows what happens to transferred chars with a different realm? I would like to know how ngd solved that multi realm problem
Ok I get it... we can CHOOSE to either move our character or leave it on a server that is going to be deleted? I don't know about you, but when I'm given a CHOICE I expect both options to have merit - otherwise it isn't a CHOICE.

I really have no idea why they are (a) limiting the time of the merge and (b) limiting what characters can be moved. I'm guessing it has to do with decluttering the database. But whatever the reason, if I've spent money on a character then I expect NGD to move that character. Hey, if every character that hasn't already had Ximerin spent on it buys a 400 xim paint I think NGD would be more than happy.

Also, NGD - maybe close Haven to new character creation. I found a new player yesterday, he levelled his character to level 6 before I spotted him on Haven and told him about the transfer. If I hadn't been on he might well have wasted his first few days on Haven - and then possibly not joined RA because... well why bother.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:44 AM   #116
Kralmoe
Banned

Kralmoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...EDIT: Does anyone knows what happens to transferred chars with a different realm? I would like to know how ngd solved that multi realm problem
You have to submit a ticket. Then told me to make another account with the same data for the Haven characters to be able to transfer them to Ra.
I refused because I didnt want to have characters in different realms. I dont like multirealming.

Kralmoe no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #117
alamar777
Apprentice

alamar777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
Ok I get it... we can CHOOSE to either move our character or leave it on a server that is going to be deleted? I don't know about you, but when I'm given a CHOICE I expect both options to have merit - otherwise it isn't a CHOICE.

I really have no idea why they are (a) limiting the time of the merge and (b) limiting what characters can be moved. I'm guessing it has to do with decluttering the database. But whatever the reason, if I've spent money on a character then I expect NGD to move that character. Hey, if every character that hasn't already had Ximerin spent on it buys a 400 xim paint I think NGD would be more than happy.

Also, NGD - maybe close Haven to new character creation. I found a new player yesterday, he levelled his character to level 6 before I spotted him on Haven and told him about the transfer. If I hadn't been on he might well have wasted his first few days on Haven - and then possibly not joined RA because... well why bother.
at the moment NGD didn't know what they will or won't do with haven... read the whole threat...

but that newbies can join haven without any information of the transfer shouldn't be that way! i think there should at least be a message which everybody who logs in has to accept or something... and maybe make it official on facebook?

an @kralmoe: so they didn't offer you to transfer your chars to your realm on ra? ..
alamar777 no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #118
Kralmoe
Banned

Kralmoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
at the moment NGD didn't know what they will or won't do with haven... read the whole threat...

but that newbies can join haven without any information of the transfer shouldn't be that way! i think there should at least be a message which everybody who logs in has to accept or something... and maybe make it official on facebook?

an @kralmoe: so they didn't offer you to transfer your chars to your realm on ra? ..
They offered me to transfer them to Ra but I had first to make a new account. In that new account Support would put the Haven characters and so you can transfer them to Ra.
Anyway my advice is to submit yourself a ticket.
Kralmoe no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #119
Candyx
Initiate

So I've had a third response about this from support... they said (direct quote) :

We can not make exceptions regarding the transfer conditions

Even though in Adrian's original post it says: There will surely be special cases that will require special handling from us. Just contact Support and we will see what we can do about it.

It also seems like if you have more than 6 accounts, but they're on different realms, they will just allow you to make a second account to have the characters transferred to; kind of implying that it would have been better if I had split what realm I played on between Ra and Haven - just another inconsistency from NGD.

Here's a question directly to Adrian:
Since I've pointed out a few inconsistencies in the current transfer conditions; can you do one of the following things for me please:
(a) Just move my level 33 barb across to Ra.
(b) Undo the movement of my other characters, so I can move my barb first then move my other characters after.
(c)Explain to me why the order that I move my characters matters to you.

If you don't do one of these things then I'll make a new account and new character on Haven, get it to level 30 within about a day, then transfer it to Ra with all my gear. This is a work around that will certainly deal with the important issues of my gear being lost forever, but will still leave me with a less than favourable opinion of NGD.

Finally:
I'm very please that the support system is so much more responsive now. It's fantastic that you get back to uses within (it seems to me) 24 hours. It is however really frustrating that the support closes tickets when they respond. I have often had issues with support either not understanding my issue, or simply not answering my questions - but then I have to make a new ticket to actually get a response.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #120
Ludwig-von-Mises-I
Initiate

Ludwig-von-Mises-I is on a distinguished road

I just wanted to thank NGD for allowing us the "murge" that most of us have wanted for a while. Thank you guys!
(lvl 60 WM knight - Ludwig von Mises) -- (lvl 60 WM Barbarian - Hans-Hermann Hoppe) -- (lvl 56 Hunter - Ron Paul) -- (lvl 36 Warlock - Israel Cisternas Two) -- (lvl 35 Conjurer Ludwig von Mises C) -- (> Clan - Loyalist of Syrtis<)

Last edited by Ludwig-von-Mises-I; 02-19-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Ludwig-von-Mises-I no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread

Tags
haven, transfer