Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > The Inn

The Inn A place to gather around and chat about almost any subject

Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #111
Klutu
Baron

Klutu is on a distinguished road

I and many others have been on the bandwagon saying Horus (Haven) will be magically saved by NGD making this game desirable to a larger audience for years. Sadly I once thought this would happen, 6-7 years later...

The biggest development I've seen from NGD since returning, Is the development of the Premium Content they release to us.
Which just makes the game less and less appealing for new players, despite making grinding easier thanks to the addition of EXP in war. (Adjust the EXP in war cap to Level 10 make low level spells give experience and advertise the game to all audiences. The game is not attractive to new players at all. Change it.

Making Haven a "Worldwide" server of all languages. Perhaps it'll rebound?...

just fix our population problem on "Haven" or allow us to transfer to RA for 5,000Xim

Okay, I'm done rambling.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:43 AM   #112
hellscraem
Initiate

hellscraem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Do you think they can do something with this game? After what they did in past few years?
There are so many things they did I could list, many people did, complained, tried to warn NGD, nothing helped. Wmc jewels. Neverending ability/item boosts of end-game players in comparison with symbolic improvements for low level players. Listening to players a la "new jewellery will bring so many old players back". Can't comment recent updates, but from what I saw, lol.
Tree is known by its fruit. This is fruit of this strategy "we need wmc jewels, we need tdm, we need xyz weapons, we need bosses..." How many new players, how many old players did it bring back?

Anyway. Why they don't answer on this thread? As long as they can suck out the last few $ out of the leftovers on Haven during xim promos, they don't care. I can't explain their ignorance with anything else.
I have posted in this thread stating that ngd cant bring back haven all im getting at is they should merge what players are left and close the server and not leave what haven players are left to rot

ignis - chaos hellscream , Grom hellscraem , Hellscraem - Ra
hellscraem no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:11 PM   #113
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutu View Post
Just fix our population problem on "Haven" or allow us to transfer to RA for 5,000Xim
I agree with SoL - i will pay Xims to move to RA and not grind another char there. Well price have to be reasonable and not expensive as f*ck. Also this item can be one time buy only.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #114
Kimahri_Ronso
Baron

Kimahri_Ronso is on a distinguished road

You are ready to pay was the key word.
What if it'd cost 35k. Will you still pay it?

In fact the amount of xim you should pay has no meaning, what you still do NOT get is, that once they allow us to move to RA from Haven ( be it for xim or free ), they can close Haven cuz everyone will leave.

On the other hand, if you would pay anyways to be able to play on RA, what is holding you back? What makes you still play on Haven? What makes you keep whining here for a merge?

Pay to play on RA and Stfu .
Sorry for being rude.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #115
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Time is money and money are time. Free game or not keeping this servers costs electricity and so on. If you are not willing to spend time to grind you pay to save this time... Well if it is expensive or price is near that what you can spend on boosters you have 3 choices - grind, pay or save your money and leave for good... Another thing is mob spawn is so low you practically WASTE your boosters...but well NGD know why they done this and screwed their players by removing g-spots(or they called them high spawn grind places)...This places helped to grind fast and build teamplay, coz grinding in party was beneficial and fun...well good old times...

Most free games capitalize on keeping players and providing premium content to them. If players leave or are not willing to play it is better to close/merge servers to keep costs down.

Anyway i do not say i do not love Horus - i started here and i got tons of fun wars and met tons of nice people.

Anyway me whining will have no effect on anything. Peace and have fun
Old 06-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #116
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieti View Post
Time is money and money are time. Free game or not keeping this servers costs electricity and so on. If you are not willing to spend time to grind you pay to save this time... Well if it is expensive or price is near that what you can spend on boosters you have 3 choices - grind, pay or save your money and leave for good... Another thing is mob spawn is so low you practically WASTE your boosters...but well NGD know why they done this and screwed their players by removing g-spots(or they called them high spawn grind places)...This places helped to grind fast and build teamplay, coz grinding in party was beneficial and fun...well good old times...

Most free games capitalize on keeping players and providing premium content to them. If players leave or are not willing to play it is better to close/merge servers to keep costs down.

Anyway i do not say i do not love Horus - i started here and i got tons of fun wars and met tons of nice people.

Anyway me whining will have no effect on anything. Peace and have fun
With boosters grinding with war on RA is amazing. As a conjurer you can lvl 50-60 with about 2 500% boosters. And even without boosters it is quite decent.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #117
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Whole idea of paying for option to switch server is bad.

Why should be player A who didn't know shit about servers and chose Haven forced to pay $$ and the player B who chose RA with same 0 knowledge about servers nope?
Why should be players who chose the 'right' server favoured over the players who chose dead server without knowing in their RO - begginings?

Is there any reason why should these players pay ximerin to play Ra?
And what with players that can't afford dump just another 40$ in a freakin bugged game so they can finally play on populated server? They'll be left on Haven which will be even more dead and will be closed soon (Because what good is a server which is almost dead and all the players who were investing $ into game got an option to switch to better server?).

Damn this logic.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #118
Kralmoe
Banned

Kralmoe is on a distinguished road

In my honest opinion the big population problem on the Haven server is mostly caused by the players themselves, especially those who want always to be on the winning side. It all started when aprox 90% of the players switched to Alsius. So -as others have already pointed out- the few left on Syrtis and Ignis, after getting tired of being killed over and over, left for RA or just quit.
At the end even the goats started to do the same because there were almost no enemies to kill.
That is the problem.
Kralmoe no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #119
Zarakaye
Apprentice

Zarakaye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralmoe View Post
In my honest opinion the big population problem on the Haven server is mostly caused by the players themselves, especially those who want always to be on the winning side. It all started when aprox 90% of the players switched to Alsius. So -as others have already pointed out- the few left on Syrtis and Ignis, after getting tired of being killed over and over, left for RA or just quit.
At the end even the goats started to do the same because there were almost no enemies to kill.
That is the problem.
I do not think is the main explanation.
I played since 2007 and Syrtis was the most populated realm by far followed by Alsius.
Ignis was always underpopulated since lvl cap was raised to 60.
Ignis population was a little bit bigger than now but not more. While Alsius and Syrtis realm always has known zerg group.
That is only around 2014 syrtis population has decreased…
Igneans since 2008 claims a realm balance. But they are any game changer from NGD to counter this.
Multi-realmer was forbidden at beginning since they merged server they remove this constraint. Which increased the imbalance.
At the time where RO got lot of new players they never close temporary some realm character creation to get more or less same amount of players by realm.

The game is as it is, and that will not change.
That is not with one or two developer not at full time on this game that will improve and fix the game.
Zarakaye no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #120
Ludwig-von-Mises-I
Initiate

Ludwig-von-Mises-I is on a distinguished road

I think some people still don't get it so i'll make it short. One of the main reasons i think people left Haven is because they realized RA players logged into haven and monopolized invasions. I'm not saying thats the only reasons most people left. I'm saying though that these are some of the reasons. The other is that we had multis monopolizing invasions. And it seems to me that sometimes numbers where so high for one particular realm like in the 40's or 60's while the realm being invaded had like 15. That made me highly suspicious that we had Ra players logging into one specific realm to monopolize invasions. I'm not saying all RA players who logged into Haven where multis or wanted to monopolize invasions by overwhelming numbers. Also, i'm not saying each time they decided to do this they chose only one realm always. Sometimes though, rarely they chose to log into Syrtis Haven. I remember. r.r

Lets keep this in prospective. RA was the first Server ever right? Okay then the problem with having other servers or letting people from the main server log into another new server means theres a very high risk of the old players sense they have old connections and webpages etc to decide to group and make an invasion on another server especially if its low populated or atleast not as populated as RA. Also, Spanish speakers are not the only old players in RA. There are some old English players who started in RA. OR maybe even not so old players who chose RA instead of a haven server when they first started playing the game.

Another problem that i'v noticed is English players and old English players that have had connections from the ages of Horus and Raven monopolizing invasions with players from RA that speak English and Spanish. This is where i think they group into Haven server for that overwhelming numbers.

Today in RA theres a slight multing problem too from Alsius RA but its nowhere near as bad as it happens in haven because you don't have outsiders whos main server is high population RA and not lower population Haven, and because the populations in RA are generally much bigger then Haven so are less noticeable.

So i encourage everyone who plays the game to move to RA. Then we will have a more evenhanded chance to fight off invasions and more evenhanded battles and maybe even an invasion once in a while. Thats why i'm staying in RA. Why stay at a server like haven which seems like a second hand server for RA players who want to monopolize invasions? I'v learned my lesson the hard way but i'v learned it. Peace

By the way i also think the Gm's and Developers had something to do with this. This is only what i think. Maybe i'm wrong.

Last edited by Ludwig-von-Mises-I; 06-21-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Ludwig-von-Mises-I no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote