Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #111
-Mongoose-
Pledge

-Mongoose- is on a distinguished road

Regarding realm balance, here's a couple ideas.

-Reset WMC before this update. (modified to reset WMC of only people who have already become WM). The amount of accumulated WMC from dragon wishes makes it nearly impossible to balance with Alsius having such a huge edge over everyone else. NGD did this when they increased the level cap from 50->60. Give them a WMC booster for their troubles :P

-Change dragon wish from 12.5k WMC to WMC booster for X days. This way mindless zerging isn't rewarded, you actually have to participate and be effective in wars to complete quests.

-Make fort rewards inversely proportional to # of players again. Now we have zergs just sitting in forts, waiting for their 200 WMC. If the reward is WMC / fort population, zergs are much less rewarded.

Last edited by -Mongoose-; 07-26-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: modifying WMC reset proposal.
-Mongoose- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #112
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mongoose- View Post
-Reset WMC before this update.
I don't like that. It will hurt ppl who play one character for years.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #113
Proviva
Pledge

Proviva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Stupid idea. It will hurt ppl who play one character for years.
Fuerst got two 200% exp scrolls instead of one when they reset his exp for new 50-60lvlcap. He had 32mil+ above what he needed and that was with old expcurve. Doesnt matter how long they have been playing on that acc lol
Proviva no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #114
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proviva View Post
Fuerst got two 200% exp scrolls instead of one when they reset his exp for new 50-60lvlcap. He had 32mil+ above what he needed and that was with old expcurve. Doesnt matter how long they have been playing on that acc lol
Man, I had the same. I was top 3 in alsius with exp. I had evendim and thorkul arrows as well and got shitty gold for it. EXP and WMC are different... WMC is currency you cannot reset that lol. Some ppl trying to get wm since x months and you want reset it. Cmon.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #115
Mehran
Initiate

Mehran is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Stupid idea. It will hurt ppl who play one character for years.
Ideally we need to reset everything, but give something more valuable ... special edition anniversary-type reward to those.

The game is not going to be fair, fun, or inviting if people are not able to reach the same feeling as others. The game should not be, I played X amount of years, or paid X amount of dollars so bow to me.

I still vouch for weekly items that reset weekly so people have the opportunity to be one of the "big" players when they have time to play, not be a "small" player because others have a more flexible schedule to play.

Last edited by Mehran; 07-26-2015 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Need to post things to Suggestions. Rant.
Mehran no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #116
Loque
Master

Loque is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Regarding realm balance, here's a couple ideas.

-Reset WMC before this update. The amount of accumulated WMC from dragon wishes makes it nearly impossible to balance with Alsius having such a huge edge over everyone else. NGD did this when they increased the level cap from 50->60. Give them a WMC booster for their troubles :P
Sorry I disagree with this. I have 710k WMC and this has been accumulated over years. I still did the daily quests long after being a warmaster when I played. I stopped playing the game for two months when all this WMC mess started and just started playing again randomly. I cannot let my years of collection just be ripped off in a fraction and I don't have the time or patience to start the process all over again no matter how many boosters they provide.
Loque no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 PM   #117
-Mongoose-
Pledge

-Mongoose- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loque View Post
Sorry I disagree with this. I have 710k WMC and this has been accumulated over years. I still did the daily quests long after being a warmaster when I played. I stopped playing the game for two months when all this WMC mess started and just started playing again randomly. I cannot let my years of collection just be ripped off in a fraction and I don't have the time or patience to start the process all over again no matter how many boosters they provide.
I agree with you that I don't particularly have the time or desire to grind out WMC either. I'm honestly a bit bummed out at the direction the game is taking. It seems to have become a big grindfest for WMC. Long time ago, we used to play for the fun in combat, competition, and for people. Now it's just zergs holding empty forts.

My issue with allowing players to keep WMC is that it so strongly affects the combat dynamic. We've complained for years about archers/barbs with jewelry. Now imagine fighting an entire realm full of those players who've been steadily accumulating WMC for 6+ months through invasions. There is no way that realm balance on Haven can be achieved in this situation. Have you seen the server during the recent few days? Alsius went for 3 dragon wishes in 1 night... Ultimately, I would say that server population balance is more important than an individual keeping WMC.

I will modify my proposal to only resetting WMC of those who have already achieved WM status. I knew this idea would be controversial when I posted it, and I honestly doubt it will be implemented. However, it does address a legitimate concern of Alsius further dominating after WMC jewelry are released. I'd be interested to hear if people have alternate solutions.
-Mongoose- no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #118
-Aniara-
Initiate

-Aniara- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
. I'd be interested to hear if people have alternate solutions.
Make it a quest to get the needed wmc so just new wmc ( accumulated from when the update goes live) can be used?
Old 07-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #119
Ivramartono
Pledge

Ivramartono is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
I've been looking around the forum for quite some time but havent found any info about the
following. What exactly is your reason? Why cant they nerf the previous boss jewelry? Adding more powerful/accesible jewelry is practically the same thing as nerfing the previous ones so i dont get it, its value becomes lower either way. did i miss something?

I have not yet received any response about why its impossible to nerf dragon amulets or why the devs wont do that. Just curious...
Ivramartono no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 07-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #120
Kopstoot
Apprentice

Kopstoot is on a distinguished road

after this update a marks got no reason to become a Warmaster (first). Fire arrow sucks because there are only 2 freezes in this game both which suck ass anyway. The other skill Killer Instinct is a pathetic buff which you shouldnt use because immobility and limitation. WM blood is only +300 HP. The only benefit from WM is the 15% dex passive which isnt even much to begin with & you lose quite some skill points. I find it essential to become a warmaster as priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
I have not yet received any response about why its impossible to nerf dragon amulets or why the devs wont do that. Just curious...
i think is definitely possible by just straight up nerfing these items or modifying damage calculations etc. I really cant think of a good answer to this question. Maybe its considered impossible or hard to do because of how it affects class balance maybe? i dont even know for sure.
Kopstoot no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread