Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Old 04-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #111
animalartist
Initiate

animalartist is on a distinguished road

A few things I notice that happen regulary through out the day.

While standing behind a rock, buffing and waiting for cammo cd, an ig player claims i was fading "in and out" and apparently I appeared to slide through rock to other side as he came around, all while i was standing still my end.
(He's accusing me of cheating btw). I believe he got a video if it - would be interesting to see.

(any character), Every now and then:
Characters turn black, spells become a flash of white so i have to relog. Get game error email message when relogging.
Cannot use chat nor direct character as typing ability non existant. Lag I'm told.
Hunters pets become a solid colour like blue, red, yellow, white, green.

"Not enough space for summon" - conju using zarkit. Very annoying with cd for zark sumon. (also any char using horse).

Other characters appear to me as still flying off in the air or frozen mid run.

My character going 'under ground' with the moon, while others see me as standing on top of it as per normal. At that point I cannot die, quit game etc.

FPS is somewhere between 100 - 300 at these times.
Using shader 2, (was 3 before update), texture etc med - low. Everything was brilliant before.
intel core2 quad cpu, q8400, 2.66Ghz, 2.67ghz. 4Gb mem, 64 bit, nvidia GEforce Gt220
animalartist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #112
Bunneh
Pledge

Bunneh is on a distinguished road

Deadanimalwoman, it was me who was that ig hunter, it did look really strange, camo to stalker takes 4 secs...you took around one, everytime i seen you do it...and the rock hopping thing, fair enough, could have been a graphical glitch...but like i said, i will send vid to NGD and let them decide...

but anyway, the reason im here....my hunter, sice the hotfix on 15th april...my hunter looks like this :

Yes she has armour equiped, yes she has a bow on...can cast spells and kill stuff, but no armour and bows are showing :/

so now Kasumi (ignis horus ) is unplayable, i am seen running around bowless and armourless im going to be branded a cheat or a hacker..and thats not on

now i know its not the account, my other chars are perfect, and i uninstalled and reinstalled regnum today...and it made no diffrence... :/

my comp specs are..
intel2 quad core q6700
4GB DDR2 mem
500GB harddrive
nvidia
run on Linux Ubuntu 9.04

i do spend a small fortune on this game, as your records of my char will probably show, so i would a apreciate you guys at least looking into it for me, for us, the regnum comunity, im about ready to pack up and take my money to perfect world...this is only a game yes , but one i adore and have spent much time and money on, so a speedy fix is clearly what i desire before i lose all faith and just dont log on anymore.

thanks
Kasumi
sad nekkid hunter of ignis, retired till further notice...
Old 04-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #113
Malevolence
Banned

Malevolence is on a distinguished road

Fix 3 has done F#$k all for me being able to see my armour and weaps and my hair. Same as before. Please fix this I would really like to be able to play before next update when I will need a graphics card only available in the future where I need a time machine to buy it to be able to play.
Malevolence no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #114
Bunneh
Pledge

Indeed, i was told server was restarted last night (i was at work ) came back, thought , yay!! she will hopefully be fixed...

but meh..

you can clearly see my armour is equipped, so is my bow....im casting spells....so where the hell is it on my screen...?

my items are fused...is this the problem? its the fusion thats messed up?

ive already lost one fusion trying to fix the pantless look, have two more in my inventory, waiting to redo her..but, im sceptic now, will it be fixed?....is there any point?

/me grumbles..mah hard earned cash...

Last edited by erinski; 04-17-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot to add my fusion loss...
Bunneh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #115
animalartist
Initiate

animalartist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinski View Post

so now Kasumi (ignis horus ) is unplayable, i am seen running around bowless and armourless im going to be branded a cheat or a hacker..and thats not on
Ahhh, so its ok to acuse me of cheating with a glitch only you could see ....but not you?

btw - when you we running from me today into samal.... you glitched ahead, quite a few times, just enough to make it into samal.
Graphics maybe, maybe not, but i'm not going to go screaming to the realm chat about it, as you did.
animalartist no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #116
ieti
Count

ieti is on a distinguished road

Sometimes when you spawn at save and you runned previously you continue to run. So you spawn running . This usually is not so big problem, but Algaros save is near water . I drowned several times because i spawned running and have no time to stop or turn before i get into there .

P.S. Sorry for the emoticons i wanted to make this more fun.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #117
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinski View Post
Indeed, i was told server was restarted last night (i was at work ) came back, thought , yay!! she will hopefully be fixed...

but meh..

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7...0041702250.jpg

you can clearly see my armour is equipped, so is my bow....im casting spells....so where the hell is it on my screen...?

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5...0041702253.jpg

my items are fused...is this the problem? its the fusion thats messed up?

ive already lost one fusion trying to fix the pantless look, have two more in my inventory, waiting to redo her..but, im sceptic now, will it be fixed?....is there any point?

/me grumbles..mah hard earned cash...
we are going to look into this early next week, please provide us with more info: your hardware specs (videocard specially) and how you play the game (shader model and config)
chilko no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #118
Mikan
Baron

Mikan has a spectacular aura aboutMikan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
we are going to look into this early next week, please provide us with more info: your hardware specs (videocard specially) and how you play the game (shader model and config)
Hey chilko,

I am glad to finally see a post from NGD on this matter. There are three separate threads on this issue with minor variations, posted by different users who are either affected or who knew someone who was affected by the bug:

Thread 1 - Thread 2 - Thread 3

And as stated in each thread, not only the player whose character is experiencing the problem is affected, but all other players see them the same way (sometimes with some variation between each onlooker, but always very messed up), suggesting that it some kind of server, account or character problem and not a client problem.

My screen, in the USA, Linux client, ATI hardware:
screenshot 2010-04-16 21_27_36.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikan
System stats:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 at 2.2GHz (Dual-core)
2GB DDR2-800 OCZ Platinum brand gaming RAM, 4-5-4-15 timings, configured for Dual-Channel
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 120 Steam Processors at 600MHz, 256MB of 128-bit GDDR3 at 1.4GHz, PCI Express x16 interface
ATI Catalyst Linux driver 10.3 (64-bit)
Debian Stable/Testing mixup, mostly testing/x86_64
Fixed pipeline, forced safe mode

Click for the contents of log.txt
My friend's screen, across the world in Australia, Windows client, NVIDIA hardware:
screenshot 2010-04-17 12_28_10.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitatake
System: OS: Vista Home Premium SP2 x64, CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5550, RAM: 4GB, GFX: GeForce 8400M GS 64MB
Shader Model 2.0, Very High preset

Click for the contents of log.txt
I'm still waiting for the dust to settle from the update before I e-mail the support address directly with my problem, as I imagine you are pretty overloaded right now, but I was hoping a staff member from NGD would take notice of this before then and start getting the ball rolling on fixing it without the need to contact support, since it is affecting multiple users.

I am thinking that monsters disappearing might also be a related bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalartist View Post
btw - when you we running from me today into samal.... you glitched ahead, quite a few times, just enough to make it into samal.
Graphics maybe, maybe not, but i'm not going to go screaming to the realm chat about it, as you did.
Affected players also apparently teleport instead of walking or running normally, so please don't argue about that here.

EDIT: Updated with much more information.

Kind regards.

Last edited by Mikan; 04-17-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Mikan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #119
Bunneh
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post

my comp specs are..
intel2 quad core q6700
4GB DDR2 mem
500GB harddrive
nvidia GeForce 9500GS
run on Linux Ubuntu 9.04
shader model 4, same on 3...

um..

my other chars are fine, does the same on the other two computers in my house, similar specs

this is the armour i use...some fused...and you can clearly see ALL my items are equiped, bow included.

EVERY SINGLE OTHER CHAR I PLAY IS 100% FINE....

just this one...

so its not my computer...

this is my barb...absolutely fine...

so do i get back my 4k xim that was wasted ona fusion that didnt work and i cant see?...

deadanumalperson, that was my son this morning, on a laggy almost dead laptop..dont know why he plays on it...its crap for RO XD

Last edited by erinski; 04-17-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: blondeness
Bunneh no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #120
LupeFiasco
Pledge

LupeFiasco is on a distinguished road

Err I can almost only stand up and talk, doing anything else I drop to about 2-4 Fps, trying to war I just freeze until I'm dead with only about 2 people showing on my screen.

FPS inner realm on safe mode - 17-21
FPS war zone on safe mode - 2-6 max

FPS I had before in warzone without safe mode - 7-23FPS

Lag occurs about every few steps lol

Intel Atom
CPU N280 @ 1.66GHz
980 Mhz, 0.99GB of RAM

I use to play in Shader Model 2.0

Now-Fixed Pipe

Before I was able to still run the game smoothly while being on msn, firefox, itunes and maybe fraps all @ once. Now I can't run it without lagging or continuously crashing with just only Regnum running.
LupeFiasco no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters, errors, update