Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #111
TheMessenger
Banned

TheMessenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
Please don't personalize this.
Mumify was not my idea, and i don't even know why it's not part of the update.
I've been away for two weeks.

After carefully studing your feedback, we believe that you guys are not taking into account all of the spells out there.
In terms of the CC's duration we came to the conclusion that we will also shorten their duration. But we will do so in stage 2 (after we see these changes in action)

Confuse and other things that where discussed will also be adressed at a later stage.

We plan to have balance updates every month or even maybe every 2 weeks.

These changes to OP Knocks will make some other spells whay more interesting, please check those out.

finally, we also planned to include the central saves on this update but it was impossible because we have different versions of the game world for the next update (castles)

we can't modify only certain parts of the gameworld.

Castles will be launched during September
umm...I hope you plan on fixing spells like

Archers
cyclops curse
SotW (making it % not some +1500 bullshit that nobody understands)
grounding arrow
obfuscate
cat reflexes
spell elude
needle blast
finger crush
focus
sentinel (i.e. bring back head of the pack)

Mages
mana burn (nerf/fix it. it is pretty op)
Petrify Hands
Wind wall
vitality absorbtion
shifting silhoutte
magic barrier

warriors
basically the whole spear tree
athletic
crash
martial defense
threat
rigirous preperation

and any/all the others I might have missed.
TheMessenger no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM   #112
TheMessenger
Banned

TheMessenger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjanex View Post
Are you gonna take 1 person out while there are 2 conjs, 2 barbs some knights other hunters and markses around you? That's why this doesnt help at forts. You're not alone, and we cant kill 1 person if a lot of other people are around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seher View Post
All that is not gonna help at all in those ranged vs ranged wars, and when everyone's attacking you can use the old stunning fist way better than the new one to defend against barbarians, and that's neither the situation in which conjurers get annoyed most by BoW.
(And by the way, try camo + confuse in some real fort wars, appearing right inside the enemy army is hell of a fun)
Oh and ambush, hint hint.
You remember that thing called "regrouping" o, and also that thing called "rushing"?

Teamwork, yea...that is all.
TheMessenger no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #113
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please don't personalize this.
Mumify was not my idea, and i don't even know why it's not part of the update.
I've been away for two weeks.

After carefully studing your feedback, we believe that you guys are not taking into account all of the spells out there.
In terms of the CC's duration we came to the conclusion that we will also shorten their duration. But we will do so in stage 2 (after we see these changes in action)

Confuse and other things that where discussed will also be adressed at a later stage.

These changes to OP Knocks will make some other spells whay more interesting, please check those out.

finally, we also planned to include the central saves on this update but it was impossible because we have different versions of the game world for the next update (castles)

Best post ever. Except one thing concerns me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilko
I don't see how this works.. Unless you plan on modifying those "other" spells (by which I assume you mean 'broken' or 'unused' as defined by the community), I don't think anything will change. Barbarians will just have one less knock.
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #114
Seher
Count

Seher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
Besides, Ra and Horus are totally different servers, not just because of their language, but because of populations, users gameplay, and stuff like this.
I've played on many servers, and while this is kind of true I found most differences just related to the population, and nothing else. So if you properly adjust the game to fit different populations, many issues will most likely vanish, but yeah, that's just me speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosk View Post
because instead of just reading people speculating, complaining or saying that they just like it, we actually see them play, we see them react, and we observe them how they adapt to this.
My speculating has amazingly often proven to be right (and I challenge you to prove me wrong :P), but I see your point. :P

Quote:
Yeah!!! Finally.

Quote:
Yay~

Quote:

Honestly, this sounds too good to be true. You basically seem to address everything I've been raging about here.

Quote:
I know, once knock downs don't completely decide all fights any more there'll be much more variety, and other previously unused spells will come up again (if the knock down nerf is huge enough, that is). And I'm really interested in what spells that might be. (Difficult to predict, if not impossible - just slows will most likely be quite strong, but everything else... we'll see)

Quote:

Reasonable excuse, I guess. :P

I highly recommend to provide such information more often, and not to do so on page 11 of a thread. Put it on the blog maybe? This will give many players hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seinvan View Post
I don't see how this works.. Unless you plan on modifying those "other" spells (by which I assume you mean 'broken' or 'unused' as defined by the community), I don't think anything will change.
It's easy: Now everything a barbarian needs is knocking the enemy down. That's always good, no downside except the knock being on cool down. If now the knock durations were to be significantly shorter, there would be many situations in which it wouldn't make sense at all to cast a knock down, and instead it might be better to e.g. try dizzying. Whatever.

DISCORD!
Seher no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #115
isgandarli
Banned

isgandarli is on a distinguished road

NGD or anyone who knows, let us know please, how many Stages totally planned to be?

Thanks
isgandarli no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM   #116
Kitsuni
Baron

Kitsuni is on a distinguished road

I've found the changes to archer CC to be ok. But the only way to win now is to just start unloading damage immediately. I was kind of hoping the game would be avoiding becoming damage-centric. But now with the combinations of CC nerfs and the warmaster beacons, well... damage is what works. I forsee all classes creating "Barbarian-like" setups in the future, kill or be killed. I guess in the end this is how all games tend to end up which is a shame.
Kitsuni no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #117
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunie View Post
I've found the changes to archer CC to be ok. But the only way to win now is to just start unloading damage immediately. I was kind of hoping the game would be avoiding becoming damage-centric. But now with the combinations of CC nerfs and the warmaster beacons, well... damage is what works. I forsee all classes creating "Barbarian-like" setups in the future, kill or be killed. I guess in the end this is how all games tend to end up which is a shame.
*stopping play lock in rvr
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #118
The_Krome_Dragon
Initiate

The_Krome_Dragon is on a distinguished road

Mabey in one of the later stages u could make it to where we can see the mana bar of your enemy. I say this bec when i use rend (-40% mana) i can nvr tell if it actually hurts/effects my enemy. Most of the time it looks like it has no efect at all.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #119
NSer
Banned

NSer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Krome_Dragon View Post
Mabey in one of the later stages u could make it to where we can see the mana bar of your enemy. I say this bec when i use rend (-40% mana) i can nvr tell if it actually hurts/effects my enemy. Most of the time it looks like it has no efect at all.
Seems it's shows amount of burned mana.
NSer no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #120
The_Krome_Dragon
Initiate

The_Krome_Dragon is on a distinguished road

Yes i can assume the effects but i still think a mana bar shown for enemies would be helpful to give a better show of the skills effect on the enemy.
For ex: When i hit a person for 1k dmge i can c the fraction of hp taken off their hp bar and i can ssee the effect done and likewise i would like to be able to see the fraction of mana taken away from them.

Ofcourse theres alot more things that r more important to work on like: Hunters role, bugs, balance in general, etc. this is just something for Ngd to keep at the back of their mind for the later stages
Closed Thread