Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #141
Slartibartfast
Master

Slartibartfast is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind-trick View Post
did you read it further?
cooldown of spring is increased by 40 seconds. RIP barbs, they are underpowered.
This speed burst is enough for them to be totally unstoppable. Also, you may say that 100% spring is ok too if cooldown is 3 min. But, it's not.

Wrong choice of words: not totally unstoppable, but to reach any of slow classes, such as locks and conjus.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #142
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Since you seem to do quite a lot spell changes with this update, i would like to suggest a change to ethereal mantle. Especially since you announced to change it already in version 1.10.9.

Ethereal Mantle:

The knight can shield one ally against any spells

Type: Constant
Duration: 1,2,3,4,5
Mana cost: 150,185,225,260,300
Cooldown: 100
Cast: instant
GCD: Very Short

Absolute Spell resistance +100%

(could aswell be evade chance or even both)

or this: (first one fits more to this update though)

http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...59#post1772759

Most important, old bubble animation!
Hayir no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 PM   #143
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Wrong choice of words: not totally unstoppable, but to reach any of slow classes, such as locks and conjus.
That extra 10% will be enough to catch archers too I think. At least if they're going to give barbs an increase in speed, they should chose a spell like either roar, UM, or intimidate to be not useable while spring is active. Just my opinion though.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:51 PM   #144
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Since you seem to do quite a lot spell changes with this update, i would like to suggest a change to ethereal mantle. Especially since you announced to change it already in version 1.10.9.

Ethereal Mantle:

The knight can shield one ally against any spells

Type: Constant
Duration: 1,2,3,4,5
Mana cost: 150,185,225,260,300
Cooldown: 100
Cast: instant
GCD: Very Short

Absolute Spell resistance +100%

(could aswell be evade chance or even both)

or this: (first one fits more to this update though)

http://www.championsofregnum.com/for...59#post1772759

Most important, old bubble animation!
Ethereal Mantle is useless as it stands. This suggestion, with the high cd, decent mana cost, short duration but useful function, this could be a really interesting spell. I actually like it. +10
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #145
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This speed burst is enough for them to be totally unstoppable. Also, you may say that 100% spring is ok too if cooldown is 3 min. But, it's not.

I think much more fun will be that +60% absolute resist chance on spring.
Just imagine, rushing barb with UM, no CC will work - and mind push will be resisted often due to that 60% absolute resist chance.
Yay, I really wouldn't love to be a mage if this happens
Old 04-24-2015, 11:27 PM   #146
Takeyo
Apprentice

Takeyo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Staff Master Crit. Chance

For all of my tests, the different resist/evasion mechanics seem to be working as intended both in the short run and the long run. Well done!

There is just one concern with regard to the proposed crit. chance calculation. I realize that very few players use the Staff Mastery discipline, and those who do use it rarely try to play competitively. However, I have always used staff mastery as my primary damage source, and I have been able to play very competitively too. For me, the most important contributing factor in making Staff Mastery viable was crit. chance. By searching long and hard, I was able to procure many items with high hit chance boosts, and was able to use them to boost my crit. chance to the point that critical hits were occurring quite often. This helped to offset the intrinsically low damage output of staves. With the proposed new crit. calculation system, it will no longer be possible to build a reasonable level of crit. chance on a mage.

I understand that this side-effect is probably intentional, but it will be difficult to find a way to make my build viable again. Since my particular situation is so very niche, I would be remiss not to bring up this concern as it may well have been overlooked.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Takeyo no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-25-2015, 12:50 AM   #147
Iheartpancakes
Banned

Iheartpancakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Just imagine, rushing barb with UM, no CC will work - and mind push will be resisted often due to that 60% absolute resist chance.
Yay, I really wouldn't love to be a mage if this happens
I will have nightmares about this for the rest of my life. Thank you for making it look so graphic :'(

OT: Remove the 60% absolute resist chance, please. You've nerfed slow spells, which was the only way to keep a rushing UM barb off our backs, now you give them super speed and invulnerability to CCs? This isn't a good idea.
Iheartpancakes no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-25-2015, 12:55 AM   #148
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
and mind push will be resisted often due to that 60% absolute resist chance.
Mind push was screwed in last "balance" update when roar range was increased to the same as mind push. All I see is warlock wagon going downhill, without any intention to brake.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #149
Kyrenis
Initiate

Kyrenis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mind push was screwed in last "balance" update when roar range was increased to the same as mind push. All I see is warlock wagon going downhill, without any intention to brake.
I'm almost positive they haven't touched roar range. Barbs have always been able to roar a mage that casted mind push, it is just easier now that mind push takes away less movement speed than before.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:20 AM   #150
Slartibartfast
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrenis View Post
I'm almost positive they haven't touched roar range. Barbs have always been able to roar a mage that casted mind push, it is just easier now that mind push takes away less movement speed than before.
You are right, I checked changelog. And you're right again why mind push became less effective against roar.
Closed Thread