Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #181
Gourmandine
Apprentice

Gourmandine is on a distinguished road

As i thought testing wouldn't end that fast i didn't post my comment straight away as i wanted them to be constructives and not first reactions. But now it seems it is too late, anyway i post them now without all the time needed to make positive feedback as you wished.

Fisrt we still can't choose with mouse button to assign to camera or direction (only switch the left with right button function, no way to remove one function or to assign one to middle mouse button). SO the unselect problem is still here.
Note : It would also be interesting to be able to drop an entire inventory tab in merchant interface (boring to drop items you want to sell one by one)

archer :
-shooting sound is heard while aiming, hitting sound is heard as shooting/hitting (simultaneous event)
-make same damages per seconds means to never move, moving backward means missing many shots and deal very few damages per second.
-only time between shot has been reduce, not shot time, so it's not as fast as you told (shot duration seems longer)
-must earn more damages when grinding, for example it's hard to kill more than 3 challenging orcs in a row (some may say that warriors earn damages too but that's what is the difference between melee and ranged class, bow has not been invented to fight in close combat, archer throw arrows and don't slap people with)
-stopping attack if the char moves is upseting, please unable the char to move or at least add this choice as an option. this will be a big problem with lag

Unbalance is a problem, but this is not a solution, it's just replacing an unbalance problem by an other one. Ranged chars are static, feel like i play polio characters. Must stay at same place while shooting is maybe a good idea, but changing the attack speed is not. (In my opinion the best way to resolve hunters part of unbalanced problem would have been to remove their pet, nerf confuse and decrease spell resistance in SOTW)

mages :
-same problem with normal shooting
-spells animations are bad (look stupid)
-why did you increase some spells casting time (i'm talking about conjurers spells)?

Notes :
-I'm agree unbalanced problem must be solved but you said you're thinking in RvR vision. I think the unbalanced problem is more about PvP. It also nerfs mages who aren't that much easy to play against warriors.
-In your mind conju should support but each update is making supporting more boring and difficult.
Nerfing mana com : less rp for conju and more ppl asking for "MANAAAA"
Nerfing sanct : need lvl19 sorcery to be able to rez someone outside of fort (except if this nice mate decided to die at less than one meter from the door)
Can't move while casting : force ennemies favourite targets in fort war to be static (and healing casting time have been increased)

I think the worst influence of this update is on ranged class grinding

Last edited by Gourmandine; 09-23-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: correcting
Gourmandine no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #182
_dracus_
Count

_dracus_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmandine View Post
I think the worst influence of this update is on ranged class grinding
Only archer, mage can deal with it pretty efficiently with all the skills in Mental.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #183
JennyfromtheBlock
Apprentice

JennyfromtheBlock is an unknown quantity at this point

just find a conju and you will be fine grinding
JennyfromtheBlock no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread

Tags
balance, phase, spells, testing