Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #181
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

In my opinion resist were not so bad as people complained.

And honestly, I absolutely disagree with complete removal of resists. It's good that some parameters in RNG were adjusted, so there will be less resists in general, but complete removal will kill fun sooner or later for me.
The game won't be fun for me if every spell I cast will work.

On resists I like that they force me(and players generally) to learn to make right moves in short time if one of my spells gets resisted;
It's like everyone can learn easy to chain spells forever as warlock ; but only really good players can do good if their key spell gets resisted.
Of course sometimes the resist rate was more than insane; but that will be fixed soon obviously.

So basically yes, complete removal of resists would be goodbye for me, most probably.
I can always play chess if I need a fully logical game without resists.

Edit: Someone ninjaed me. Can't agree more with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Aniara- View Post
game mechanic reasons
1. Having a second plan for when things go wrong makes the game more interesting.

2. Any kind of war/fight has a random part to it, if you cant stand any random element play chess.
/A
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #182
schachteana
Master

schachteana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow-Ichigo View Post
So you want to make more useful spells, while also decreasing DP and PPs? Makes 0 sense. Leave DP and PPs as they are. Make more useful spells, then decide if there should be an increase or decrease.

-Drew
um - yes? I do think this does pretty much make sense. The more we have to choose, the greater the variety of spells will be which we see in warzone. Right now, most people primarily have the same setup because we can basically skill whatever we want. But you might be right that those two changes should be treated individually.
schachteana no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #183
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachteana View Post
um - yes? I do think this does pretty much make sense. The more we have to choose, the greater the variety of spells will be which we see in warzone. Right now, most people primarily have the same setup because we can basically skill whatever we want. But you might be right that those two changes should be treated individually.
People have the same setup now because the vast majority of spells aren't worth any points, speaking specifically as a marks.

-Drew
Old 04-27-2015, 04:35 PM   #184
Ivramartono
Pledge

Ivramartono is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Aniara- View Post
1. It prevents that first spell cast = auto win.

2. It prevents spell chains prg to macros.

/A
So pathetic it makes no sense. It doesnt always prevent that and you can always modify spell chains and auto win spells.
The amount of resists on amun are minimalistic, that doesnt mean 1 spell = instant-death in, for example, a 5v5 matchup if any resists arent occurred then.
If you are talking about 1v1 pvp, then maybe its true, but its still possible to modify some of the gamebreaking skills, like MS.

Best,
Ivramartono no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #185
halvdan
Master

halvdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivramartono View Post
Makes no sense. It doesnt always prevent that and you can always modify spell chains and auto win spells.
It makes perfect sense. And you're right, you can always modify chains, but that's one of the things that resists force you to do, to have a second plan if your spell gets resisted.
And also, without resists the problem of autowin spells would be bigger issue.
Actually, your post makes no sense, looks like you didn't even think short about what's written there.

Anyway, my stance is - Reducing frequency of resists is good, but removing them is no-go.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #186
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvdan View Post
Anyway, my stance is - Reducing frequency of resists is good, but removing them is no-go.
My thoughts exactly. ^

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #187
Candyx
Initiate

Candyx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian View Post

This is not something new at all. This is already live, in all live servers. We added it to the tooltip, but spells are currently behaving that way. If you don't believe me, test it :P
Does this actually mean block-able or does it also mean resist-able? This is the spells only blockable at 100% stuff... If it's only resistable at 100% then that means it can't be resisted by anything other than an archer with SOTW or a barb with UM + Spring right?
Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #188
Sentan
Master

Sentan is on a distinguished road

Tell me how stunned or knocked down enemy can still resist any spell or evade an attack? During these CC effects target should have 0% spell resistance, 0% evade chance and 0% block. I thought it has been fixed some years ago. :/
Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #189
Adrian
NGD·Studios

Adrian will become famous soon enoughAdrian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyx View Post
Does this actually mean block-able or does it also mean resist-able? This is the spells only blockable at 100% stuff... If it's only resistable at 100% then that means it can't be resisted by anything other than an archer with SOTW or a barb with UM + Spring right?
It is shown in the tooltip. It mentions Only resistable... or Only blockable or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
Tell me how stunned or knocked down enemy can still resist any spell or evade an attack? During these CC effects target should have 0% spell resistance, 0% evade chance and 0% block. I thought it has been fixed some years ago. :/
It works like that. But, take into account the offsets between combat process and visual animations. CCs last a few seconds and mostly leads to confusions of this type.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #190
Zas_
Count

Zas_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentan View Post
The thing is that negating all buffs when stunned or knocked looks OP too me. It was the case for SOTW (when it wasn't 100%), archer was unlucky enough to get knocked under SOTW effect, then the whole effect was negated (0% resist), and it was awful because archer spent a lot of mana and a long cooldown spell (at this time), got bad luck on a resist to a level 1 spell. Losing spell effect + mana + cooldown was a bit too much in this case.

Now, when one is knocked, it doesnt make much sense he can evade hits i agree.

I think a good compromise would be to halve resist/evade/block when knocked or stunned (so one having a 100% resist/evade/block spell effect on him can still benefit of the mana spent and attacked still have higher chance to succeed).