Go Back   Champions of Regnum > English > General discussion

General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #11
MDpro
Initiate

MDpro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
- Added: When successfully placing a Realm Gem in the Realm Portal, players all over the map (online) that helped to achieve it will receive Warmaster Coins and Experience (if applicable).
Incoming multi zerg farming.

Alsius or nothing
MDpro no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #12
Mashu
Master

Mashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythox View Post
Mashru this concept is not for haven! I think Adrian means on Haven is it same as on ra. Haven has 2 low populated Realms and 1 zerg Realm. This once system make it much easier for the zerg realm. Low populated Realms get farmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDpro View Post
Incoming multi zerg farming.
Exactly what I meant with previous post,devs could consider what effect this will have on low pop hours on any server, not just Ra. History shows that things that worked only on Ra were not really best ideas. All gems in one place, wont make this game more enjoyable for sure and I am pretty sure this won't also work well on Ra. If all gems in one place, don't bother having 2 of them, it would really make no difference if you had 1,2,3 or even 20 as long as they're are in one place, it's like 1. Will see, I really hope NGD will back off from this idea as I would really like this game to still be fun.

Last edited by Mashu; 04-22-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Mashu no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #13
Hayir
Master

Hayir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashu View Post
Exactly what I meant with previous post,devs could consider what effect this will have on low pop hours on any server, not just Ra. History shows that things that worked only on Ra were not really best ideas. All gems in one place, wont make this game more enjoyable for sure and I am pretty sure this won't also work well on Ra. If all gems in one place, don't bother having 2 of them, it would really make no difference if you had 1,2,3 or even 20 as long as they're are in one place, it's like 1.
Like i said it all depends on how they manage the guards,
From what i saw it has several skills like fireball, ice shock and some sort of summon lightning.
So if you have a scenario on haven like 25v5 and this causes the guard to do dragon like damage (this might be a bit exaggerated) then even the 5 of you could turn an invasion around.

I think this invasion system could be one of their most solid ones so far if they play their cards right.

Afaik Adrian actually once mentioned using some sort of scaling on NPCs for this kind of stuff when he talked about the orc camp bosses, don't quote me on this though.

And it does make a difference because each of the gems got their own guard. Only the stolen gems don't have any guards at all.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #14
Mashu
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
Afaik Adrian actually once mentioned using some sort of scaling on NPCs for this kind of stuff when he talked about the orc camp bosses, don't quote me on this though.
We know scaling NCP and realm door, makes no difference. Balancing that way never worked.
But ok, lets ignore this fact that unfair invasion will be unstoppable, that's not the biggest issue here.

We have two gems not just one I think to have some more tactics and interactions during invasion. One zerg moving to one place has consequences:
  • It is obvious where enemy is heading, as there is only one place with gems
  • Less maneuverers inside realm also means shorter invasions, so time should be adjusted

Would be nice to make invasions more fun, interesting, with variety not more dull, obvious, predictable.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #15
Hayir
Master

Quote:
We know scaling NCP and realm door, makes no difference. Balancing that way never worked.
But ok, lets ignore this fact that unfair invasion will be unstoppable, that's not the biggest issue here.

We have two gems not just one I think to have some more tactics and interactions during invasion. One zerg moving to one place has consequences:
  • It is obvious where enemy is heading, as there is only one place with gems
  • Less maneuverers inside realm also means shorter invasions, so time should be adjusted

Would be nice to make invasions more fun, interesting, with variety not more dull, obvious, predictable.
We never had a scaling mechanic like i mentioned. All we had were the usual guards at gate which increased in numbers but were too weak to make any difference and barely even engaged in battle. The lich guard at the gem is a completely different story.

As if it isn't obvious in the current system where the enemy is heading.

If you need more or less time once again depends on the gaurd and the Gem Dome Power sources.
Only the stolen gems might be a problem regarding this case.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #16
Mashu
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayir View Post
As if it isn't obvious in the current system where the enemy is heading.
Yup it's less obvious unless you use voice chat to know to which gem enemy will be heading when you die at gate with current system.

I am trying to be realm agnostic when making this suggestions. Not sure if I feel the same about your responses. I am not the only player noticing that moving gems to one place is likely a be bad idea even to try.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #17
Hayir
Master

Quote:
Yup it's less obvious unless you use voice chat to know to which gem enemy will be heading when you die at gate with current system.
Use realm chat, wm chat. Tell your hunters to do their job, there is more they can do other than ganking grinders. The fact that most players refuse to use simple communication is not ngds fault. Knowing where the enemy is heading to is not hard at all with the current system.

Quote:
I am trying to be realm agnostic when making this suggestions. Not sure if I feel the same about your responses. I am not the only player noticing that moving gems to one place is likely a be bad idea even to try.
This was your argument "If all gems in one place, don't bother having 2 of them, it would really make no difference if you had 1,2,3 or even 20 as long as they're are in one place, it's like 1."

this was my respond "And it does make a difference because each of the gems got their own guard. Only the stolen gems don't have any guards at all."

You and the other players who notice so much should maybe state a counter-argument. Then i might agree.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:42 AM   #18
Mythox
Pledge

Mythox is on a distinguished road

I see. It would be very nice if the Developer are more on haven then they will see what Chaos on haven is. Haven is a server with 3 Realms Alsius (20-30) Syrtis (3-7) Ignis (10-15). I am very sure the guards won't be that strong who can handle 20 players. I am sure they can't the good thing for us in the low populated Realms is at the moment the zerg must split to get the gems. So they have to defend gate and to click gems and that is he only way to defend the gems when we kill the little groups. I like the idea from Adrian ofc I tested it out on Amun today but this update is not good for haven! It's nice for ra because there is almost a balance between each realm. Well that is my mind.
Mythox no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-23-2017, 04:43 AM   #19
Monthser
Secondary account

Monthser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
.../...Not a good idea to have gems at one place at portal. It does not prevent people from invading just for WMC farming, but instead puts underpopulated realm at huge disadvantage. We used to fight to split invaders, so they had to try again. Having gems in one place means just one zerg will come and take both. Why then bother to have more than 1 gem, having 1 or 2 would make no difference. Having gem portals distributed on map gives chances to defenders and requires team work of invading realm. One place would simplify invasion to follow just one zerg tactic and would make game more boring and unbalanced. Realm at population disadvantage is less likely to be willing to fight back or attempt to split invaders.../...
I completely agree with you. Putting 2 gems together will simplify the task of the invadig realm and indeed what's the point then of 2 gems?
I dont know what to think about the Guard of the gems. As I have read you can kill him with just a few ppl (4-6) when before that you needed 20 to interact with one gem.
This new system seems to give even more disadvantage to underpopulated realms.
Monthser no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 04-23-2017, 04:52 AM   #20
Hollow-Ichigo
Count

Hollow-Ichigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthser View Post
I dont know what to think about the Guard of the gems. As I have read you can kill him with just a few ppl (4-6) when before that you needed 20 to interact with one gem.
This new system seems to give even more disadvantage to underpopulated realms.
It took 2 knights and 2 barbs around 10 mintues to kill the lich guard, and then they tried to break the control points of the shield and didnt even make a scratch. We cant really judge it properly yet

Tags
changelog, development, feedback, invasions, testing