General discussion Topics related to various aspects of Champions of Regnum

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
chilko
NGD·Studios

chilko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Enio_ View Post
Couldnt test yet, but for me offensive spells should not make you stop when your about to precast them.

Eg. I want a quick ambush on someone chasing me. I precast ambush and turn+stop -> cast should go off.
this is an exploit that only a very experienced player can get advantage of... you want to start casting when you are not meeting the criteria of FACING THE ENEMY.
chilko no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
chilko
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Couldnt test yet, but for me offensive spells should not make you stop when your about to precast them.

Eg. I want a quick ambush on someone chasing me. I precast ambush and turn+stop -> cast should go off.
this is an exploit that only a very experienced player can get advantage of... you want to start casting when you are not meeting the criteria of FACING THE ENEMY and its only a couple of hundred milliseconds.

this kind of things generates unbalance between people with LOW PING and HIGH PING. Stuff that we also want to fix.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
e30G
Count

e30G will become famous soon enough

Yeah I saw that vid of yours Znurre.

Another sideffect I see with this update, there will be less open field wars. It will be more fort-centric. At fort wars, mages and archers will stick inside forts. Attackers will be lead by warriors which is intended, but they will have less support behind them. They will also have to face more un-attackable ranged classes on walls. It will be very hard to take a fort. As someone in IRC said, Syrtis will live inside Samal.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
chilko
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherhiveking View Post
Is the double weapon speed when casting instant powers working?
I tried with all offensive instant spells i have and they all take as long as before to get launched.
its not for casting, but for normal attacks
Old 09-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Mattdoesrock
Count

Mattdoesrock will become famous soon enoughMattdoesrock will become famous soon enough

I'll post my thoughts here as the other thread was closed it seems...

Warlock:

God dammit.

This class is awful now. The global cooldown has crippled their attack speed. You can EASILY use slow staves now because of the global cooldown... What a joke... What is the point of < slow staves now?

The global cooldown for Warlocks (and Conjurers) needs to be vastly increased. Decreasing their attack speed anymore than they did with 1.0.7. is just a complete and utter mistake. The global cooldown needs to be the same as base fast stave speed.

Another thing.. The "feel" of playing a Warlock is really awkward now... The animations are really really clunky and difficult, making it really hard to know when you're allowed to move again... Otherwise you end up cancelling your spell; which is really deadly, especially as everything is 1s cast now.

You need to make spell cancelling "harder." By that, I mean it is painfully easy to accidently cancell your own spell. Now I know it's still new, and we need to practice, but even still... Personally I think that your spells should not be cancelled, and instead you should be immobilised on the sport, and should be unable to move for the the duration of your attack. Another option is a heavy speed malnus when attacking - instead of cancelling spells.

Also, sometimes you can accidently cancel your spells by moving the camera.

Marksmen:

Now call me crazy... But I don't mind this update so much.

I mean sure, it sucks... But that's just because we've enjoyed having it easy for so long, and please don't say "wtf, it's not been easy!!" Please. Play a Barb or Knight at 50 for awhile. You'll soon learn what difficulty is.

Before this update, I knew on my Marks, I was safe vs. the majority of Warriors, I can tank nicely if I want, I can run, I can escape and still do great damage.. But now, now I have to work to stay alive, and I really have to earn my kills.

I think this will be really tough to to used to at first, but it's far more rewarding. In the pvps I did on amun this morning, I lost nearly all of them. But it was far more rewarding then winning all of them, like I might have on RA. Now I'm not saying I'm the best Marks there, far from it, and others may adapt far more easily; but I think some people are really exaggerating how this is the end of the world for Archers. It's not, it's just been normalised within RO.

BUT! One thing I have to say is that this is a little bit too much, too soon.
I think duel shot should be 0.5 casting time at the most. This spell is really vital, and needs to be used in a quick fluid motion.
MattdoesJOKE_#40_NOT_FOUND
RA / Hor... Haven?
Mattdoesrock no ha iniciado sesión  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
_Enio_
Marquis

_Enio_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
this is an exploit that only a very experienced player can get advantage of... you want to start casting when you are not meeting the criteria of FACING THE ENEMY and its only a couple of hundreds milliseconds.

this kind of things genereta unballance between people with LOW PING and HIGH PING. Stuff that we also want to fix.
Maybe i explained bad. I want to start the cast the moment i stop moving. I cannot turn with mouse AND klick a spell the same time forcing me to release arrow keys to spells on bar very to the right.

Before i could log the spell in while moving, then time the start of cast with stopping&turning without releasing my keys.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
chilko
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Maybe i explained bad. I want to start the cast the moment i stop moving. I cannot turn with mouse AND klick a spell the same time forcing me to release arrow keys to spells on bar very to the right.

Before i could log the spell in while moving, then time the start of cast with stopping&turning without releasing my keys.
I understood... it's a hardcore exploit. If you add that kind of functionality to the fact that you are the fastest class and have different ways to disengage battle and take it again when you feel comfortable it makes for a great balance issue
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #18
Znurre
Marquis

Znurre will become famous soon enoughZnurre will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
I understood... it's a hardcore exploit. If you add that kind of functionality to the fact that you are the fastest class and have different ways to disengage battle and take it again when you feel comfortable it makes for a great balance issue
But is this not wanted?
To me, this was one thing that I always liked with Regnum: experienced players always had an advantage because they knew how to "tame" the system.

Unexperienced barbarians always rush in with South Cross as their first attack trying to cause as much initial damage as possible, where more experienced barbs would probably fire off a normal hit first and then cast a South Cross, because that would increase their overall DPS.

It was these differences that made fighting in Regnum fun - where you felt you could win over and opponent because you had more knowledge and was more skilled than your opponent.
Not only because your setup was superior to his, that you were lucky or had better gear.

Movement, timing, knowing when and how to use skills, piggybacking, there are so many dynamic elements in the Regnum fighting system that makes it the awesome game it is.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #19
chilko
NGD·Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znurre View Post
But is this not wanted?
It was these differences that made fighting in Regnum fun - where you felt you could win over and opponent because you had more knowledge and was more skilled than your opponent.
Not only because your setup was superior to his, that you were lucky or had better gear.

Movement, timing, knowing when and how to use skills, piggybacking, there are so many dynamic elements in the Regnum fighting system that makes it the awesome game it is.
We Tried to explain this in our previous "vision" posts:

This system is even more twitchy as you need to decide when and how to move. Experienced players will still take advantage of this and we are not changing what powers of ranged class do.
The idea is that Warriors need to be much more easy to play.

Please try to follow me on this metaphor with other games:
Regnum was starting to look like Quake, where if you are not an experienced twitchy player with a great computer playing with 100 ms of ping you had no chance (specially if you where a melee class). We want to make it more like CounterStrike where teamplay (and some balance decisions) makes it more reasonable for a new or casual user. A skilled CounterStrike player can still dominate but its more fun for everyone.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
Shotya
Pledge

Shotya is on a distinguished road

How about a few simple commands to help in battle situations.

For instance how about a /face that will instantly turn you to face a target??
How about /stick so we can travel in a pack in RvR without lossing the team?

Any chance we could get these?
It would help on the run so it would be possible to get a ambush off as soon as you stop IE: /face.

Hows about it NGD???
Shotya no ha iniciado sesión  
Closed Thread