pauluzz
Initiate

pauluzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nel_ View Post

Knights: (below lvl 29)
------------
Same as above without feint/kick.
+ dont use South Cross below lvl 29, keep using Charge instead.
SC is less dmg and consumes more mana. Switch to SC after you can skill it to lvl 4.

Also dont forget Taunt, its very good for grind and try to use it as much as possible.

Pauluzz - Warlockz - Paul - Pauluzu - Paululu - Felicica --- INQUISITION
pauluzz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

Edited yet again, with more info on barbs, mages, hunters...

All idea's, remarks... remain welcome
Old 08-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #13
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bois View Post
An easily forgotten spell in the Knight's arsenal is taunt. If you are grinding this is a staple. Skill it as high as you can.
i really do not agree. if you can kill a mob in 3 normals + 1sc/gutting/forceful blow, you don't have to lower their armor.
if you start the "fight" pulling your mob with taunt, he will surely hit you once before you can knock him, moreover you will probably have 50% of the times positional problems and you will miss 1-2 hits while the mob is knocked, so you won't be able to kill him before he stands up.
otherwise if you start with feint (oh slow/v.slow hitting mobs like golems you can also start with normal+kick without beiing hitted) you won't be hitted unless the mob resists the knock, so you will be able to grind without loosing so much life points.

grinding a knight from 1 to 60 is a real pain in the ass, so the fastest way you can, the better.
i suggest to premium users to buy some life potions (i bought 100 of them at level 50, and i used more or less half of them to reach 60. 100 of them cost as a 100% scroll, so not such a big cost), maximize troll's skin and passive const, so a single potion will replain your 5000-5500 health in few seconds and you will be able to continue grinding after a little rest.

for such this kind of grinding i've always used normal and challenging mobs

[edit] during my grinding sessions i skilled taunt only to level 1 to pull unreachable mobs like the ones on the hillside or upon a high rock.
never forget that when your level is high enough to allow you a nice armor with good bonus, you can start the fight in offensive stance, trying the combo feint+4 hits, and if the knock is resisted, you can exit from the stance and hit the mob with normal armor and killing him in 1-2 more hits without losing too many hp (don't do it with panthers because they will surely cast on you rake that ignores armor, so the best option is to use even the second knock if the first is resisted, or you will go out of hp in a very fast way)
Latan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
bois
Count

bois will become famous soon enough

Each player must find his/her own way. This will be coloured by the constraints they have.

I would say try all methods in this thread and then adjust them to your liking. My method caused me little trouble because I used block/ precise block/ challenge and or taunt. For me this was efficient. Yes I got hit but a lot of the times my challenge or block did its job. Those conserved HP. The method allowed me to grind very fast, and rotate between mana and HP conservation. Indeed , past 50 I would rest only when I really wanted to or when the mob resists/evades were really stacked against me. What ever I lost was recovered by my methods. If I lost time doing spells like block/challenge I would make it up in the time I gained by not running around so much. Indeed I would be pulling another mob while still killing the knocked one.
Grinding to me was not only to get to the end. I enjoyed the journey as well. Many will not agree with my philosophy. I accept that.

Each player has to find their own way. I think that is the most important lesson here. Understand the basics of your spells an then apply (through experience) what works best for you. I would encourage new players to explore all your spells and learn as you go.Experiment. It will auger well for you later on.

Regards

5000- 5500 Hp . I have 5144 at 60 I must be worse off than I thought.

Edit: Thank you Frosk, that is the method I was talking about. Taunt then precise block then knock. Well explained. You are doing a great job here so far. Very impressive.

Last edited by bois; 08-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.
bois no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
Frosk
Banned

Frosk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latan View Post
i really do not agree. if you can kill a mob in 3 normals + 1sc/gutting/forceful blow, you don't have to lower their armor.
if you start the "fight" pulling your mob with taunt, he will surely hit you once before you can knock him, moreover you will probably have 50% of the times positional problems and you will miss 1-2 hits while the mob is knocked, so you won't be able to kill him before he stands up.
otherwise if you start with feint (oh slow/v.slow hitting mobs like golems you can also start with normal+kick without beiing hitted) you won't be hitted unless the mob resists the knock, so you will be able to grind without loosing so much life points.

grinding a knight from 1 to 60 is a real pain in the ass, so the fastest way you can, the better.
i suggest to premium users to buy some life potions (i bought 100 of them at level 50, and i used more or less half of them to reach 60. 100 of them cost as a 100% scroll, so not such a big cost), maximize troll's skin and passive const, so a single potion will replain your 5000-5500 health in few seconds and you will be able to continue grinding after a little rest.

for such this kind of grinding i've always used normal and challenging mobs

[edit] during my grinding sessions i skilled taunt only to level 1 to pull unreachable mobs like the ones on the hillside or upon a high rock.
never forget that when your level is high enough to allow you a nice armor with good bonus, you can start the fight in offensive stance, trying the combo feint+4 hits, and if the knock is resisted, you can exit from the stance and hit the mob with normal armor and killing him in 1-2 more hits without losing too many hp (don't do it with panthers because they will surely cast on you rake that ignores armor, so the best option is to use even the second knock if the first is resisted, or you will go out of hp in a very fast way)
Hi!

Taunt is a very useful skill when it comes to grinding a knight.

And it's also true that when taunted, the mob'll try to (and most of the times will) hit you first or at the same time you get to hit it.

This is why in my grinding days I used to have Precise Block in my config. Using it sistematically with every mob will let you grind almost non-stop (depending on how difficult are the mobs you grind with).

To do this, what you have to do is cast Taunt (any level, I used to have it in lvl 4 or 5) on a mob. Wait for it until it gets really close, and cast Precise Block (you can use it at lvls 3 or 4 the first times; but once you really get the idea, lv1 Precise Block will get the job done.).
Remember that in order to perform this, you have to time your cast with the mob's first (and when perfectly done, only) attack.
Once you blocked it, move a little to cancel Block Precise, and immediately cast Feint, or Normal Attack + Kick.
This way you'll end up having a heavily penalized (no dmg resistance and knocked) mob right in front of you, ready to get killed, and without even getting hurt at all. This way you'll have to rest a only few secs to recover some mana (depending on your level, on higher lvls you won't rest at all).

Regards!
Frosk no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #16
Latan
Master

Latan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Each player has to find their own way. I think that is the most important lesson here. Understand the basics of your spells an then apply (through experience) what works best for you. I would encourage new players to explore all your spells and learn as you go.Experiment. It will auger well for you later on.
i really like the way you see this game but for me grinding the knight has been a real pain (after grinding a lock and before the marks) and it takes ages if you don't kill in the fastest way.
however i started grinding the knight after 3 years of lock gameplay so i knew the base mechanics of the game. +1 for the experimentations af ALL spells for new players

Quote:
5000- 550 Hp . I have 5144 at 60 I must be worse off than I thought.
@60 i've 5050 without troll's skin, but at level 50-51 i used to have more or less the same due to many gears with const/hp (shield included)...now i use only 5% protection gear XD
Latan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
_Nel_
Master

_Nel_ is on a distinguished road

+1 to Latan.

Start with feint or hit+kick, you won't lose much health, and you won't get a "unhittable knocked mob".
Taunt(1) is enough to aggro some unreachable mobs.

Moreover, it's much brainless. That way you can do something else when grinding, like watch TV documentaries, listen to radio interviews, and so on. No need to get stuck on your screen and time your spells.

PS:
I'm flabbergasted we have a community manager who plays and knows Regnum!!
Great!!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #18
_Seinvan
Initiate

_Seinvan is on a distinguished road

I can't speak for lower level grinding knights cause all mine are scrolled but..

Knight grinding is pretty chill, there isn't a whole lot of resting or spell spamming. For the chillest knight grind, I recommend the following:

Decent weapon. (a good damage bonus, slow speed)
Two Rings of Lightning (if you can't get two, take one and a Deadly Sight Ring)
The highest armor you can find for your level (with good physical resistances)
Amulets won't matter a lot, I always choose the Medal of Courage though (+150 hp)

As for the setup, all you really need is two knock downs and caution at the highest level you can afford them. I usually grind in my war setup (which has all the basic necessities for grinding) for convenience, plus I don't have to reskill everytime I want to war

Basically put on caution, knock down when you can and go to town. Rest when necessary. If your resistances check out, you can usually get mobs hitting you for near minimal damage with each hit

Now, if you REALLY want to grind a knight..

Find your best weapon, and max the weapon tree! Get the damage buff, maybe a damage spell, and maybe the passive damage resist.
Skill for maximum tactics, kick level 5, feint level 5, caution level 5, onslaught level 5, martial reflexes level 5.
Skill for maximum vanguard, Army of One 5, Offensive Stance 5
Skill for the highest shield level you can get, and try to get Steadiness, Precise Block, and Defensive Stance (you'll see later ) if you can.

Take off ALL YOUR ARMOR (save for the shield and possibly any attack speed gear you have) else you will have a blast paying for repairs ^^ and set each piece to a hotbar for later.

Use offensive stance + martial reflexes and knock mobs down left and right. If your knocks are not resisted you should be able to kill them without getting a scratch ^^ If your knocks ARE resisted, go into Army of One and keep swinging. If you end up taking too much damage you can rest or put your armor back on and not use offensive stance (or use it in bursts with Ao1), it's still a very effective way to grind.

Now for the kicker... on Imperia Beach (or crystal fjord, whatever) the mobs will change when the sun sets and rises.. so timing is crucial for this part Usually about 15-20 minutes in to the sunrise or sunset time, put up defensive stance and run around one hitting mobs and tanking their hits. Use precise block when you can and try not to run too far from one area, else you risk mobs running back to their spots after you hit them ^^ Once the sun rises or sets, those mobs will "die" and you will reap all the experience they give.. for one hit xP

Hope this helps.. may have left out a few things, but there's my knight grinding guide ;P
_Seinvan no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
blood-raven
Master

blood-raven is on a distinguished road

Maybe its best to paste this under the class differences, cause it's going to slip into the ocean of forgothen posts.
And not to blow my own horn, but this might help new players more then the class differences.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #20
dsdeiz
Pledge

dsdeiz is on a distinguished road

I'm kinda confused. It says you use crash 4 but in your setup crash isn't lvl'ed.
dsdeiz no ha iniciado sesión   Reply With Quote

Tags
grind, quide